FPS 360 PS3 PC iOS

• Please log in to reply
8622 replies to this topic

#6211 Trigg

Trigg
  • Members
  • 4548 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

I agree, Vietnam really did end up spoiling BC2 as good as it was. It would have been fine if they'd have been in the same rotation as the normal maps. Still rather excited for some content, especially as I'm not a fan of the Karkland maps really.

#6212 FishyFish

FishyFish
  • Supporters
  • 11356 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

I don't think it'll be seperate in the way Vietnam was, nor do I think we'll see something using assets not already in the game (new weapons and vehicles aside). I think it'll be new maps, new play modes, and new weapons / vehicles. I agree that splitting the thing into seperate add-ons would be bad, both for us as players (who already have to put up with half empty servers come midnight), and for DICE / EA, who would effectively segregate the game's fanbase.

#6213 Sapa

Sapa
  • Members
  • 2034 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

I'm getting so fed up of jets flying into helicopters to take them out. I hope thy release this fix soon

#6214 Mammas_Boy

Mammas_Boy
  • Members
  • 1380 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

I would welcome a new game type with open arms. I'm a bit of a Rush addict, I tend to stick to that on conquest, the deathmatch mode just seems messy.

Sounds silly but I think a sea level would be pretty fun, nice and small with plenty of vehicles (boats, chops and planes obviously) fighting over 2-4 big frigate ships. I'd get to play Navy Seals.....awwww Yeahhhh. I always find it a shame you don't get to have hand to hand battles on those big Navy ships.

#6215 Pob

Pob
  • Moderators
  • 12220 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

That would be great.

#6216 Rsdio

Rsdio
  • Members
  • 8521 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

Just in case there's anyone who hasn't bookmarked/subscribed to birgirpall's channel yet:

#6217 FishyFish

FishyFish
  • Supporters
  • 11356 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

http://attackofthefa...s-set-big-week/

Battlefield 3 Players Set for Big Week

Spotting tweaks coming soon, plus...

With the threats of a Battlefield blackout behind them, DICE has begun to elaborate on upcoming changes that Battlefield fans can expect in the days and weeks ahead. This week should be a big one according to the team at DICE. 3D Spotting is said to be getting a major overhaul according to Lead Game Desginer, Alan Kertz. Kertz explained that the spotting functionality in Battlefield 3 will definitely be tweaked, and more specifically 3D Auto Spotting. Explaining that the nametag display occurs at distances that are "longer than intended" and will likely be reeled in.

This goes along with the ability to spot enemies through cover of smoke. One major gripe is when players use smoke, they are still being spotted by their enemies via the Nametag display.

While these features could definitely change the game for the better, it's hard to tell if DICE has anything else in store for Battlefield 3 players next week. They've been quiet on the DLC front as of late, but Daniel Matros has also said it would be a very rewarding week for BF3 players.

So, a "big week" this week according to DICE. Hopefully a DLC announcement but, based on past rumours failing to set the world alight, probably just some modification to VoIP on PS3, or bullet spread on the M249 being tweaked by 0.3% or something. <_<

I really should try to keep a positive spin on things....

#6218 Rsdio

Rsdio
  • Members
  • 8521 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

I know you mightn't necessarily be being sarcastic about it in that way but while the PS3 VoIP fix won't have meant much to those on other platforms it was a pretty big deal in its own right and easily the biggest issue for anyone with a PS3 and a mic. For months you literally couldn't hear or be heard probably 70% of the time - without exaggeration, it was completely fucked. A total embarassment for such a big game, as was the length of time it took them to even acknowledge the issue. Thank god they finally sorted it.

But yeah, the exciting week will probably end up with the announcement of even more tweaks that don't even need making.

#6219 FishyFish

FishyFish
  • Supporters
  • 11356 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

One of the moderators on the official Battlelog forums has said that any announcements regarding BF3 made at this week's GDC presentation will be shown online at: http://www.ea.com/1/gamechangers (at 2AM UST on Wednesday morning).

#6220 Kryptonian

Kryptonian
  • Moderators
  • 27794 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

I haven't played this in ages, is the infrared (I think that's what it was anyway) scope still awesome or has it been nerfed?

#6221 kerraig UK

kerraig UK
  • Members
  • 19618 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:29 AM

INRV scope is useless now.

I use smoke all the time so this is great news for me, but for fuck sake can we have some maps please

#6222 playdizo

playdizo
  • Supporters
  • 15534 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:32 AM

They still need to buff anti air.

Me and a mate spent an entire night testing it out - even with both of us rocking stingers plus ammo kits it's impossible to take down a 'okay' chopper pilot (and forget about jets)

Over 100 hours play time and i've still only got 2 kills with the SA80 which were pre-nerf (and zero with the stinger).

lolz

#6223 Looper

Looper
  • Supporters
  • 8392 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

The IRNV depends on the map - on a night time map like Tehran Highway: useless. On a bright, daylight level (all the B2K maps): still good.

Enjoyed last night, shame the servers went tits up. Instead of going to bed I played golf for an hour and half instead.

I don't know what's going on with your Stingers playdizo, I do get kills semi regularly with them. You're disrupting them badly at the very least with the constant locked-on siren blaring in the pilots ears.

#6224 FishyFish

FishyFish
  • Supporters
  • 11356 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

Me too. It's probably about 50/50 as to whether I'm successful at hitting the target, but I do manage to get kills with them. A good attack chopper pilot with his and the gunners flares working in conjunction is almost impossible to take out unless several team member work together, but transport choppers are often undefended (without engineers repairing), or only have a single set of flares to use. I've come across jet pilots who don't have flares from time-to-time too, and even if they do, getting a second lock usually sends them running for the hills at least.

That said, I rarely use ground-to-air as a default weapon choice. It's mainly something I respawn with if air-power is becoming an issue.

#6225 Loki

Loki
  • Members
  • 2868 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

They still need to buff anti air.

Me and a mate spent an entire night testing it out - even with both of us rocking stingers plus ammo kits it's impossible to take down a 'okay' chopper pilot (and forget about jets)

Over 100 hours play time and i've still only got 2 kills with the SA80 which were pre-nerf (and zero with the stinger).

lolz

Sounds like you're firing duds dude.

The obvious solution is for one of you to go SOFLAM while the other goes Javelin of course :P

#6226 Trigg

Trigg
  • Members
  • 4548 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

I think Anti Air is alright as long as you've got one or two others doing the same which is I guess is the way it should be really. Be stupid if one person was able to take out air craft at will. Usually I play with 2 others on voice comms so when there's two of us with stingers we'll do a job of getting them down. Or at least stop them from tearing the infantry up which is half the battle anyway.

I generally don't have any problems with the game if I'm honest. Sure I get frustrated (usually on metro with bloody Shotguns everywhere) at times but overall I think its a really balanced game and it feels like you've got a counter for almost everything. Apart from jumping in and out of some windows or jumping car barriers in certain areas! :P

#6227 Pedro de las Montagnes

Pedro de las Montagnes
  • Members
  • 1199 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

I think AA is about right now, there's no way, one guy should be able to take out an attack helicopter, much like it's near impossible for one guy to do a tank in with rpgs. Any good team has an AA squad, usually 2 x javs, 1 x soflam, 1 x ammo (support jumps in whatever aa vehicle is available) and it's a garans the skies are clear. Organising randoms to do this is a ball ache though.

#6228 BossSaru

BossSaru
  • Supporters
  • 7203 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

Choppers are seriously overpowered, and Jets are less annoying but equally invincible. The sad fact is that a good chopper pilot will often dominate a game. It is insane that a direct hit from a tank's cannon will not destroy an air vehicle outright, and the only effective way to knock out vehicles from thesky is with a soflam/CITV and Javelin/guided missile combination. It would cvertainly not hurt to buff the mounted AA turrets against air vehicles, to add an element of risk to being in the air.

It is better than BC2's Arica Harbour fun when a team could win by holding both choppers. But as it stands the air vehicles are grossly overpowered in contrast to infantry and land vehicles.

#6229 Trigg

Trigg
  • Members
  • 4548 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

Air Support should be strong though in comparison to land and infantry otherwise whats the point? The best way to deal with air support is by using your own air support. I'm not a brilliant pilot in the jets for example but I can do enough to make the opposition jet try and take me out. In doing that I'm stopping them from doing damage to land vehicles and infantry. If I'm in a jet and my ground people are supporting me then I'm in an even better position!

If people don't work together then yes I agree, air support can be a real pain in the arse and dominant. I like that though, it means you have to play together to stand a chance.

I do remember a certain pilot a few weeks ago who was just unbelievable in the jet. Really good and really frustrating, he just rained death from above on everyone. Finally did take him down with a combination of CITV station and guided missile/Javelin but fair play to him, he's just that damn good. Had thousands of kills in the jets when I checked his profile on battle log.

#6230 mchugh

mchugh
  • Members
  • 5425 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

I do remember a certain pilot a few weeks ago who was just unbelievable in the jet. Really good and really frustrating, he just rained death from above on everyone. Finally did take him down with a combination of CITV station and guided missile/Javelin but fair play to him, he's just that damn good. Had thousands of kills in the jets when I checked his profile on battle log.

Its class when you fluke a gunner seat with an ace chopper pilot - becomes like shooting fish in a barrel, had it once on wake island and spent the entire game in the gunner seat racking up kills. I bet the other team were well pissed off :lol:

#6231 kerraig UK

kerraig UK
  • Members
  • 19618 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

They really are not. I fancy my chances in a Tunguska against a little bird or Viper any day, and 2 people can easily bring down any chopper if they work together well. MAYBE 3 if the chopper guy is really good, but that is as it should be.

I do think a stinger hit should disable a chopper so that he has to have an engineer to carry on, and I do think a direct tank shell or RPG should kill, but thats all the balancing it needs.

#6232 kerraig UK

kerraig UK
  • Members
  • 19618 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

Also, air support is much less of an issue in Rush, if everyone is still playing conquest. Its only really the viper on Kharg that can be an issue

#6233 Loki

Loki
  • Members
  • 2868 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

Even then, you'll have a Thunderbolt to rain down death on their Viper, Frogfoot and LAVS.

God I love the attack jets.

#6234 Pob

Pob
  • Moderators
  • 12220 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

If attack choppers were tweaked, I'd rather their offensive capabilities were adjusted, rather than defensive. You've got to give people a chance to spend some time in the air. It wouldn't be any fun piloting if five laser-guided missiles instantly knocked you out the second you took off.

A good pilot/co-pilot combo is utterly deadly due to the power of the attack heli's weapons. The gunner's cannon is fucking nasty, especially with the Autoloader and Zoom perks. The guided missile is very forgiving too - powerful, great range. Add to that the pilot's rockets, which reload very quickly. I think the jets have slightly fairer weapons. They take more skill to use properly.

I'd like it best if vehicles (especially air) had to head back to base to reload. It'd add another dimension to piloting.

#6235 DonRumsfeld

DonRumsfeld
  • Members
  • 2246 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

They just need to sort out the fixed ground AA weapons a bit. Say have an AA gun at some of the flags the way it was in Heavy Metal (BC2). The fixed AA is currently bollocks IMO.

#6236 p1nseeker

p1nseeker
  • Members
  • 3854 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

A tweak i'd like to see would be if the air support respawn slower, after 5 mins say?

#6237 Loki

Loki
  • Members
  • 2868 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

A tweak i'd like to see would be if the air support respawn slower, after 5 mins say?

Screw that. Having some herp-a-derp crash the Viper in to the boat on take off and then waiting 5 minutes for some other cretin to do the same?

Pass! :P

#6238 BossSaru

BossSaru
  • Supporters
  • 7203 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

They just need to sort out the fixed ground AA weapons a bit. Say have an AA gun at some of the flags the way it was in Heavy Metal (BC2). The fixed AA is currently bollocks IMO.

Rubbish against air vehicles. Amazing against infantry. The one the attackers get at the start of Kharg Island is great for keeping the beaches clear.

#6239 VN1X

VN1X
  • Members
  • 10292 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

Just a quick clip I made to show a friend that is in in fact possible to kill peeps with a SV98 7x scope.

Got a few decent kills in there I think. :)

#6240 Loki

Loki
  • Members
  • 2868 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

Don't snipers come with a standard x7 / x8 rifle scope?

That seems to be the PSO-1 or something similar.

Some good kills indeed though. I was a sniper demon the other day with the M98B. Headshots galore on Seine Crossing - Rush.

I found a sweet little spot hanging out of the window which overlooks the main road ( the one which the LAV always bombs down). No one ever looks up though, they're too busy focusing on people jumping out of the alley on them. Easy kills.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FPS, 360, PS3, PC, iOS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users