Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Sarge

FPS Battlefield 3 - Rllmuk 360 Tag: rllmukBF3

8,624 posts in this topic

I had a weird error last night where I got booted from Xbox live during a game. Every time I tried to log back in I would get dropped from Live again. It only happened with the particular game I was in originally (Davius, Yonezz and Mega Drive were in there) as I managed to join several games with randoms without getting disconnected.

Anyone else had a similar issue?

I wondered where you'd gone... It's nothing I've experienced before. If it recurs maybe check the battlefield forums?

I had a big break from this when the introduced the server renting - the patch meant I couldn't hit anything and finding a good game became a bore.

But I'm totally back into it now. I've tweaked my classes to take account of the changes, and I'm finding it better than ever. The biggest change was putting bipods on all my classes so I can play my preferred mid range style on the big maps. Currently loving the M16A4 with bipod, ACOG and heavy barrel.

I've also gone back to Support for the first time since I first got it - again, it's the bipod that makes the difference. I only really get on with the M249 - everything else jumps about too much. But stick the bipod up on the 249 and it stays pretty still. Love it.

Favourite gametypes at the moment are the full-sized versions of Karkand, Oman and Wake on Conquest or Conquest Assault (is the five-flag Wake new since the pitch? It's so much better than it was). The nuances of Conquest Assault have only just become apparent to me.

Deffo the best multiplayer shooter yet made.

Started using the HK417 last night... fucking hell :D It's a beast. Normally I drop T-UGS for my team; leaving them in main routes and stuff but last night I was on a TDM Gulf of Oman and I started using them for myself. Taking up a spot, moving and relocating with the T-UGS and just racking up kills. Was insanely effective and my shooting skills as a recon seem to have really improved of late. Need to get up to speed with the bolt actions now.

I'll be on most of tonight from 7-8 if anyone wants to party up.

M417 is amazing. I just run with the PK-A 3.4x sight on it and use it as a battle rifle, but with the ability to take out targets at range when required. All the other sniper rifles in my kit are sitting at or below 100 kills, whereas I have well over 300 with this after just two weeks (and that's not even using it all the time).

I use the M417 with the Holographic. It's a beast.

I also use the bolt action JNG-90 with the Holographic. It makes me feel like a fucking god when I'm in the zone :P

JNG 90 is great. I find one of the most satisfying things about it is the satisfying BANG that it makes. The other good thing about holographic and PKA with sniper rifles is that they don't shine and give away your position like the stronger scopes.

I use the M417 with the Holographic. It's a beast.

Oh fuck! Totally forgot about the M417 as I was too busy with other assignments and stuff. Looking forward to taking that bad boy for a FUCKING RAMPAGE.

There are a couple of real horror spots you can bed down with a bipod on defence in Metro. I have seen a few support guys staying alive after the first MCOM and then tearing down the vent route above the subway and going prone at the end with their LMG and bipod.

There is basically no way to take them out so you just have to avoid that way in. If the MCOMs are held for a while I've seen people get 40 odd kills for no deaths there.

Yeah, I generally do that carlito just to be an annoying prick.

I'll always throw some C4 down right at the entrance too. Just in case I'm reloading / there's 5+ people who want to get burnt.

Oh, and shoot the lights out, like a total ninja. I only got 9 kills from that though in the above round. I ended up having to flank them as they were charging the MCOMS.

Played some Conquest Domination last night (just for the Assignment requirement). It was OK, quite enjoyable but basically just "Grab this base... grab that base, then this base, then first base has been taken by the enemy" repeat. No one defended anything they just ran around and around. Worse still the opposition had the third base locked down and my team just persistently ran at the same bloody meatgrinder opening. Literally 20 tickets gone in about 2 mins. It was only me and another guy that did a massive flanking manoeuvre just to hit them from another side. Christ some folk really are retarded.

:)

Defending on Conquest Domination can be great though, me and Loki have held a few in the past few games we've played. Especially 'C' on Donya Fortress, epic battles to be had there. C4 around the room at the bottom and then hidden at the top. Bit of a bitch later in the round though when all the cover has been shot at.

Enjoying Con Dom much more now too and thats thanks to a Spas-12 fest where I got around 300 kills in one night with it! Had a accuracy rating of 80% or something silly for a long time. Probably gone down now though, not checked.

Enjoying Con Dom much more now too and thats thanks to a Spas-12 fest where I got around 300 kills in one night with it! Had a accuracy rating of 80% or something silly for a long time. Probably gone down now though, not checked.

i keep trying to get to grips with the SPAS, but i get to oexcited and fling my mouse pointer around too violently and end up missing, this - coupeld with the slower ROF than the DAO12 mean i keep going back to the DAO and ejaculating shells happily like some sort of sex monster.

i keep trying to get to grips with the SPAS, but i get to oexcited and fling my mouse pointer around too violently and end up missing, this - coupeld with the slower ROF than the DAO12 mean i keep going back to the DAO and ejaculating shells happily like some sort of sex monster.

I can understand that, I was the same until it all of a sudden it just clicked. I still have games where I can't shoot for shit with it but then I'll just use an assault rifle or something. But when it clicks and you popping people down with one shot it's oh so satisfying :)

How many kills are required for a team to win in close quarters tdm?

Just playing now and the kills for each team have gone over 200 and I have no idea when the match will finish?!!

Depends on the server init. Me and Ant went into a TDM last week that ended up being 500. God knows how long it took us.

Caved in and got Close Quarters, enjoying Gun-game alot but then it's always been one of favourite game-modes and I like the new maps. it's CoD but with destructible scenery/covering fire and minus the horrendous, game-breaking kill-streaks - which is all I've ever wanted from CoD, really. I'm happy with it.

If anyone is wavering about buying Premium I'm selling 4200 points in the trading folder - anyone buying for Battlefield can have them for £24.50.

Finished the last of the assignments yesterday, I miss them already. I love having something extra to do.

Depends on the server init. Me and Ant went into a TDM last week that ended up being 500. God knows how long it took us.

Just short of 70 mins. Constantly 30 kills between teams. It was great.

I played a 1000 ticket conquest domination the other night. I was exhausted after it. 87,000xp though.

I can not remember what day it was, but for once the rllmuk xbox live server was being used ( think it was sunday ). Rush was being played on the Metro map and it was one of the best multiplayer experiences I have ever had, everyone functioning like a well oiled machine... Teamwork was the order of the day ... Pure bliss... Then disaster struck, not sure what happened but everyone was kicked from the server ... And I was forced to go back to playing in servers where people just ran around like headless chickens :(

Trying to get the EOD bot kill for the Mtar assignment last night and I saw an enemy run past me, spot the bot, come strolling back over and let me kill him with it. Then got a message that was just a smiley face. Love the community in this game sometimes.

Heh. Lucky git...

I had to really work for that one, everyone kept shooting at it ;)

Finally got it by blow-torching the LAV to death on Seine rush - god knows what the driver was thinking.

I had a weird error last night where I got booted from Xbox live during a game. Every time I tried to log back in I would get dropped from Live again. It only happened with the particular game I was in originally (Davius, Yonezz and Mega Drive were in there) as I managed to join several games with randoms without getting disconnected.

Anyone else had a similar issue?

I had this last night when playing with Skeeez and Xiccewolf, very weird

I had a hilarious instant kick from a Close Quarters server the other night - game started, I killed some dude, ran around the corner, turned back around to find his mate swiping at me with a knife, I drop and kill him - 3 seconds later 'you have been banned by admin'. Grow up.

I reckon the server owner controls need improving to allow weapon choice to be selectable. That way, if the owner decides they don't want shotguns / M320 / <insert evil weapon of choice> to be used on their server, then they can set them to be unavailable. As long as all the base weapons are kept it would be ok, and would prevent all those times where I obey the server rules about no shotguns, only to then get killed by people using shotguns over and over...

On another note, had a great game in Gulf of Oman where I was the gunner in a transport chopper. The pilot was very adept, knowing when to evade enemy fire, and when to keep the helicopter steady to allow ease of shooting. I managed to destroy two LAVs, a tank, and a jeep with the minigun, as well as disabling several others. Maybe if I'd tried capping flags instead of pissing about in the air, we'd have won the game, but it was fun. :)

Well if they want to give us the best experience they should just go back to official servers only, you're only polishing a turd by improving the current system.

Should be back about tomorrow night on this.

Frame data crew, ASSEMBLE!

I'd like to see them change up the official rotations a bit as well, at the moment most of my favourited ones are empty all the time - presumably because they're mixed conquest and rush. Meanwhile the full-on conquest ones are overfowing but there are a few maps not included in any of them for some unknown reason. It's very rare that I play on Karkand, Sharqi or Wake Island these days which seems ridiculous when I generally play on 'Epic Battles' servers and you'd think all three would fall into that category.

Having 'Conquest - all maps' servers seems like it's too simple for them or something.