Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Sarge

FPS
Battlefield 3 - Rllmuk 360 Tag: rllmukBF3

8,575 posts in this topic

If they are gonna do old maps, i'd like to see Mashtuur City, it was great. Maybe Jalabad but some new ones might be better.

How easy is it to find randoms who're willing to work as a squad in this and not just Rambo it? I've started playing bad company two recently on PS3 and I can see massive potential, but the majority of players seem to play like it's COD and no one ever talks or even pays attention to the communication system.

Is that because all the good players have moved on to battlefield 3? Or will I be in the same situation if I buy battlefield 3?

Despite what people here think, you really don't need to speak at all in this game to get good teamwork going. The UI is incredibly well designed to share all necessary information without voice.

I'd say in general people are fairly smart and team savvy on this. Certainly light years ahead of the MW crowd.

My only real bugbears are the Amtrak drivers who don't know how to use it, and support guys who never give out ammo. You always see stupid stuff, but for every idiot there's usually somebody else doing a good job.

Yeah, fucking support guys. I can usually get a health pack out of medics, but I reckon most supports forget they even have ammo packs. There ought to be a clearer indicator on the recipient's screen when someone asks for ammo (or health, or a vehicle pickup). I often hear the "hey, I need a ride!" call out, but have no idea where it came from. In BC2 the player would get a big flashing arrow over them.

It flashes on the mini map if someone asks for something doesn't it?

I agree though it needs to be more noticeable, I fucking hate try to chase down tanks and stuff for a ride. Especially if I don't get there in time and I'm stranded in the middle of nowhere :P

Ha, had that all night last night on Bad Company two. I actively seek out people to drop health packs near, but it was near impossible to get an ammo drop or a pick up when I wanted one.

Also forgot to ask, is there an active rllmuk clan on Ps3?

No-one seems to really be playing on PS3 unfortunately, I added a few people a good while ago and I've never seen one of them playing!

Feel free to add me (BadForTheGlass) and my non-rllmuk mate (KKNNTTHH). We both play a fair bit, him more than me.

It flashes on the mini map if someone asks for something doesn't it?

Does it? That's of limited use in the choppers, though, because the mini-map range is pretty short.

On a side-note, I've got into the habit of recently of flicking into the menu to see the larger map so I can see where lit-up enemies are. There's often quite a lot going on just beyond the range of the mini-map.

I'm sure I've asked this on here before but can't remember the answer...

I need some tips on getting the 2 kills with emplaced weapons ribbon. What map and game mode is best?

Any conquest map with a few air vehicles and an anti-air gun. Gulf of Oman in the Russian spawn is probably best.

I need some tips on getting the 2 kills with emplaced weapons ribbon. What map and game mode is best?

I got it on operation firestorm, up the dock end. You might not always get aircraft coming close enough there, but sometimes you can take down troops around the nearest capture point.

I'd try Kharg Island Rush - Offence. The massive gun on the boat can catch any spawn killing jets easily enough. You can also shoot on to the beach and maybe grab a couple of kills.

Another map is Tehran Highway Rush - Defence. After the first two nodes you head down the hill and there are two Stationary AT Rocket Launchers you could try.

Another map is Tehran Highway Rush - Defence. After the first two nodes you head down the hill there are two Stationary AT Rocket Launchers you could try.

I might be wrong but I don't *think* they count? Anyone?

The ATGM's definitely count, aye dude (they're at least noted as an emplaced weapon on the BF3 Wiki).

Catch a tank from behind and you're good to go.

Caspian Border Conquest I got it on - hide at A and wait for either a tank or a jeep with people in to roll in, use the TOW launcher to smack them from behind.

Caspian Border rush is also quite useful - there's a launcher on the road past the toll-booth things (between two rows of containers). If someone spots them so they're lit up, you can often hit tanks right over near the attackers spawn by guiding the rocket onto the target.

3 bloody crashes tonight, and even though the team went on to win they are counted as losses on battlelog. Argh!

Y'know i've really started to understand the stinger now and I think it does have its place after all. I was starting to think it was useless but the key to it is simply watching the battlefield, diversifying and then striking.

Instead of just constantly locking and firing, watch whats happening first, and try to have at least 2 different lines of attack on air support.

For example, on nohshar canals, when you spawn on land you get a little bird and a tank. If both of those are locking or firing at an enemy little bird, then at some point he is gonna chaff or ecm jam, and at that point he's a sitting duck for your stinger.

I've been trying it out today and ive been taking down jets and choppers all over the place. The key is to wait until they are fighting one of your tanks or choppers or jets and then give support from the ground.

Just took out 5 jets just with stingers, on my own in one round on caspian border

Battlefield pet hate #234: when Little Bird pilots start the round by going miles out of bounds in order to attempt to get a kill or two, meaning that none of the three people they're carrying can get out and do something worthwhile. Particularly on Canals where that team really needs to get an immediate foothold.

Battlefield pet hate #235: when Little Bird pilots attempt to do #234 but fail to kill anyone EXCEPT the three people they're carrying :facepalm:

If you're on the one team against the two Little Birds on Canals, it does make sense to fly off and try and get into a good position to take on the helicopters one at a time, otherwise you just get obliterated by them.

My pet hate is people in vehicles racing off from the spawn when you are running to get in with them. The worst is chopper pilots, when you could really help them out being the gunner for them.

I'm also get a bit of rage at the people waiting for helicopters all the level. On Firestorm quite often you get 2 people in the chopper, 2 jet pilots, maybe another 2 in the plane transporter, and then 1 or 2 waiting in the spawn for the chopper to get shot down and respawn. No wonder you hardly see another player going for the objectives.

If you're on the one team against the two Little Birds on Canals, it does make sense to fly off and try and get into a good position to take on the helicopters one at a time, otherwise you just get obliterated by them.

We were on the other team. He just ensured that three of his team were taken totally out of the game (and subsequently killed since his spawnkilling plan deservedly backfired on him) and couldn't capture anything, meaning that we were pinned back at the ship. We did manage to come back and win though!

You just wonder what some people are thinking.

Caspian BOrder is good, plenty ATGM posts with good arcs, i shot achopper with one and watched it flop helplessly into the river

Is this really death match only? If so i think i'll pass, but the video does make it look nice.

I'm all for some infantry only maps, but it does look VERY small that map. Will Rush even work on it? (are objective games even gonna be an option?)

Nice trailer but doubts still remain for me at this moment in time.

Also, why so bloody long away?!

That looks fucking mental.

I don't know if I'm falling slightly out of love with it at the moment. I'm tempted to retire for a few months and come into the DLC fresh.

I'm all for some infantry only maps, but it does look VERY small that map. Will Rush even work on it? (are objective games even gonna be an option?)

It does look very very small. I can see it now, RPG, M320 and Shotguns going off everywhere! Also if it doesn't have objective based gameplay it'll be a massive oversight from DICE. I guess we need more confirmed details but again I'm a bit worried about this.

I'd rather they just brought some maps from BC2 over than this...

It does look crazy-apeshit, but I guess we should take the trailer as potentially OTT to some extent. Also worth bearing in mind that this is just one of four maps, so who knows what the others might offer?

I agree with Looper though that (battle) fatigue is starting to set in a little now. I still enjoy the game, but there's been a noticeable drop-off in the number of people on my friends list playing it, and without that social aspect a lot of the joy is lost. I really think that EA have made a big mistake in leaving a six-month gap between DLC releases, and that a large chunk of their player-base will have moved on to other things by the time the next set is released. A better plan, in my opinion, would have been to drip feed stuff at frequent intervals, even if it just meant one new map at a time, or even just a re-purposing of existing maps by moving flags / M-Coms to new locations to add some variety.

I remember that the release of Red Dead Redemption signalled the end of my regular BF:BC2 multiplayer sessions, and I'm wondering if Mass Effect 3 is going to do the same for BF3.