Street Fighter X Tekken

• Please log in to reply
4216 replies to this topic

#4021 joffocakes

joffocakes
  • Supporters
  • 11122 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

Page six? Ooof. Is this game dead to us? I've actually not even played it since before the game-breaking update, because of Max Payne 3 and Dark Souls and good old SSFIV.

Anyway; didn't Capcom say they had "special" SFxT announcements to make at E3? What were they then? Just the Vita control method stuff? Or was it just the fact the patch to fix the game-freezing bug is coming on June 14th?

#4022 jiroczech

jiroczech
  • Members
  • 3426 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

It's dead to me. But dead to me like a pet you left at home that died while you were on holiday. Like a wee bird in a cage that really should have had food and fresh water every couple of days but you forgot to give it any and didn't make any arrangements for someone to come and look after it. It starved and died of thirst because you were too busy having fun somewhere else and forgot all about it. It doesn't matter that once you saved that wee bird's life - rescued it from the street with its broken wing and carefully nursed it back to health. Doesn't matter all the good times you had together because in the end you forgot to give it water and it died. It died alone, neglected and unnoticed. Just like Street Fighter x Tekken.

#4023 Plopboy

Plopboy
  • Members
  • 3031 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

It's dead to me. But dead to me like a pet you left at home that died while you were on holiday. Like a wee bird in a cage that really should have had food and fresh water every couple of days but you forgot to give it any and didn't make any arrangements for someone to come and look after it. It starved and died of thirst because you were too busy having fun somewhere else and forgot all about it. It doesn't matter that once you saved that wee bird's life - rescued it from the street with its broken wing and carefully nursed it back to health. Doesn't matter all the good times you had together because in the end you forgot to give it water and it died. It died alone, neglected and unnoticed. Just like Street Fighter x Tekken.

You forgot the bit where you had bought it the most expensive bird cage in the shop and how it would only eat the most expensive bird seed :P

#4024 Revival

Revival
  • Members
  • 3047 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

Anyway; didn't Capcom say they had "special" SFxT announcements to make at E3?

Everyone is getting a refund hopefully.

You forgot the bit where you had bought it the most expensive bird cage in the shop and how it would only eat the most expensive bird seed :P

Nah, The bloody bird cage won't open unless you buy a 108k download key.

#4025 Camel

Camel
  • Members
  • 11471 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

Page six? Ooof. Is this game dead to us? I've actually not even played it since before the game-breaking update, because of Max Payne 3 and Dark Souls and good old SSFIV.

Anyway; didn't Capcom say they had "special" SFxT announcements to make at E3? What were they then? Just the Vita control method stuff? Or was it just the fact the patch to fix the game-freezing bug is coming on June 14th?

I'm not playing it until they fix the stupid projectile bug. Did they fix the freezing-in-the-air-after-a-quick-combo bug?

I've been playing Bloody Roar 3 instead.

#4026 Lyrical Donut

Lyrical Donut
  • Members
  • 3746 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

Traded both of my copies in against a shiny new stolen phone from CEX. I might get involved again when / if they fix it.

Did anyone notice the wild DS troll in one of the Vita trailers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP79Bs_Lt_o#!

#4027 Hyper P

Hyper P
  • Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

Traded my £20 copy back to Amazon for £17.50. If it gets a 'Super'-style re-tooling I'll take another look.

#4028 alistarr

alistarr
  • Supporters
  • 6514 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:39 AM

Tatsu and AndyOCR want in on my and JLM's brief moment of fame:

Is Evo still 2v2? Does anyone care? Will Rufus ever get to wear that purple PVC again?

#4029 Camel

Camel
  • Members
  • 11471 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

Did the patch come out for this? Dated June 14 wasn't it?

#4030 Nate Dogg III

Nate Dogg III
  • Members
  • 9976 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

Yeah it did, I trolled CapcomDawg on Twitter because he made a fuss about it. I suppose I ought to feel bad about it, really.

Amazing how quickly the tourney streamers have dropped this. It's dead, and I think Capcom knows it.

#4031 Qazimod

Qazimod
  • Supporters
  • 20480 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

I might come back to it when the extra characters come, 'cos I'm a mug like that. Then again, by the time they are finally available everyone else will have stopped playing. How's that on-disc DLC release strategy working out for you Capcom?

#4032 Camel

Camel
  • Members
  • 11471 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

Excellent. I'm going to start playing it again. I still really like it despite its many flaws.

#4033 Nate Dogg III

Nate Dogg III
  • Members
  • 9976 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

You and me at Heggfest, Camel. You, me, and probably nobody else.

#4034 imp

imp
  • Members
  • 10056 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

I still like this, technically. I really enjoy the combo system, the characters and general goofiness. I just want them to sort the balance out to give me a reason to learn a few more characters.

#4035 The Eagle Lord

The Eagle Lord
  • Members
  • 1841 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

I'm up for a few games, i quite like it. Looking forward to seeing if the patch makes it more or less enjoyable.

#4036 alistarr

alistarr
  • Supporters
  • 6514 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

It's a fun game, it's just not as fun as certain other games. I will definitely be in there for Heggfest and would be delighted to get a few in if anyone happens to fancy it and spot me online. I main Rufus/Balrog because Balrog is broken-tier, so I don't even have to learn anything with him to win.

#4037 Plopboy

Plopboy
  • Members
  • 3031 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

I think they did really well translating the Tekken characters into the world of Street Fighter and personally it gave me confidence with the command grab motions, but Capcom do seem to have dropped the ball as it where. I just wonder what will happen with Tekken Vs SF

#4038 Lyrical Donut

Lyrical Donut
  • Members
  • 3746 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

I'd be up for this at Heggfest too.

#4039 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41700 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

I think they did really well translating the Tekken characters into the world of Street Fighter and personally it gave me confidence with the command grab motions, but Capcom do seem to have dropped the ball as it where. I just wonder what will happen with Tekken Vs SF

I'd be surprised if it came out at all now.

#4040 strawdonkey

strawdonkey
  • Members
  • 8574 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

I bought this off a friend several months ago - and haven't even put it in my XBox, let alone put any time into it. £17.50 at Amazon sounds mighty tempting.

#4041 JLM

JLM
  • Members
  • 5220 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

Yeah of course I'll play this at Heggfest, I just share the sentiment that it's not as fun to me as Marvel or AE in its current state. I don't think there's anything they could do to it that makes it more fun than or as good as AE, but there's definitely a good game in there that I'd be willing to play if they tweaked it, plus ranked pair mode is some of the most fun I've had playing a fighting game. Also if I can play as Sakura in it then that'll sweeten the deal, so the DLC characters will draw me in.

Additional also, this stuff is utterly amazing, and is further evidence of what Alistarr and I discovered, that Cross Assault is this game's greatest contribution to the genre:

#4042 imp

imp
  • Members
  • 10056 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

I oughta neg you for trying to muscle in on Alistarr's discovery, Jellum.

#4043 mayor_mike_haggar

mayor_mike_haggar
  • Members
  • 7790 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

Haha, I genuinely don't think I've ever seen anyone use balrog in this, apart from me when I was drunk. He's so so bad. Poor dead fat balrog.

Anyway yeah I've not touched this in forever either. I don't think I'll even bother with the DLC mans unless there is a significant rebalancing that accompanies them. SF4 is just so much better.

#4044 joffocakes

joffocakes
  • Supporters
  • 11122 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Character DLC coming for PS3 and 360 July 31st; 1600ms points. Pretty expensive; you can get the game for less than that. Also 2 frames less blockstun on that damn Rolento standing jab.

More details:
http://www.eventhubs...-moved-july-31/

#4045 Qazimod

Qazimod
  • Supporters
  • 20480 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:27 AM

Did anyone really expect anything less after how much they've taken the piss so far though? :P I'm really tempted to go back to this for some Juri/Blanka excellence - and I've been setting aside some space points for a while now - but delaying the release of on-disc DLC is a daft move and lots of people have probably lost interest in the game...

Then again, I'm a sucker for peer pressure, so if it brings you guys back...

#4046 wretcherd

wretcherd
  • Members
  • 1315 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

Even putting aside my want to "vote with my wallet" and not reward Capcom's arseholery, i don't find myself wanting or thinking i need the DLC.
The fact it is on disc means it won't divide what's left of the player base like map packs do; everyone will still be able to fight everyone else.

Plus, I've only learnt 3 or 4 characters as it is, so even if i did suddenly start playing this a lot more I've got plenty of guys to be.

#4047 Curtis

Curtis
  • Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

Dudley alone is worth 1600 points. :D

Also, i use Rog on this. Poorly, i might add.

#4048 Plopboy

Plopboy
  • Members
  • 3031 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

I just watched the Evo final
Spoiler

#4049 Camel

Camel
  • Members
  • 11471 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

I haven't played this for a while so I forgot all about gems and didn't even notice, but apparently gems were banned for the Evo games. is that right? If only you could turn off gems in lobbies etc.

#4050 Camel

Camel
  • Members
  • 11471 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

I think I would like this game more if it wasn't a crossover game. Street Fighter characters only with a bigger roster would be excellent. I like that it covers the middle ground between the solid, one-on-one strategy-heavy SF-basics game that SFIV offers and the balls-out wtf mental light show orgasm that Mahvel brings.

In other words, I would like a Street Fighter tag team game please Capcom.

And Darkstalkers.

And Captain Commando on XBLA.

And all your other fighting games in a massive compilation. With online play like SFIV and not SFIII and excellent C to C style achievements.

Thanks x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users