Small

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lordcookie

lordcookie
  • Members
  • 19281 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:42 PM

Originally Rinsch was lined up to direct the Alien reboot and this short film is part of a collaboration between Philips and five filmmakers from Ridley Scott Associates, called Parallel Lines.

The short film has appeared on pretty much every movie site this week and has sparked a bidding war for the feature film rights. According to /Film the short film is just a prequel to the feature that Rinsch has been developing. The short has great art direction but the story is pretty weak so it is encouraging to see it is just a teaser for the bigger world of the film.

More from /Film:

I have also learned that Rinsch has met with various nobel prize winning scientists and theorists in designing a world and a narrative that could be scientifically plausible. Heís pretty hardcore about creating a world that could actually exist, ala 2001. Iíve heard that in the past, Rinsch has joked that the project is a mix between 2001, Bladerunner and Doctor Zhivago with a bit of Bourne-style action. Sounds pretty awesome and absurd at the same time (but I think that is the intent).

Read more: Exclusive: Concept Art and Info from Carl Erik Rinschís Small | /Film http://www.slashfilm.../#ixzz0kc7DDv5X

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

There has been a real resurgence in low-to-mid budget sci-fi which is great to see. Whilst I have no idea what Small will be about the look and feel of the short film has certainly piqued my interest. Rinsch is signed on to helm the remake of Creature from the Black Lagoon and 47 Ronin so I've no idea when he is expecting to fit this one in.

#2 Commander Jameson

Commander Jameson
  • Members
  • 11375 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:03 PM

Is there a version without the Philips stuff? I'm getting distracted by that rubbish ambient light thing from the TV and the pics look very interesting.

#3 lordcookie

lordcookie
  • Members
  • 19281 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:52 PM

I don't think so. It was funded by Philips so I doubt we'll see another version of the film any time soon.

#4 GrumpyLittleBear

GrumpyLittleBear
  • Members
  • 2137 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:02 PM

Agree about the look of the short, very intrigued to see how a full blown version will turn out.

As Moon and District 9 were two favourites of last year, more similar sci-fi is more than welcome.

#5 Marcus Hernandez

Marcus Hernandez
  • Members
  • 3707 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:50 PM

faaaaaarkin' hell mate.......this looks gooooood

#6 Captain Novaforce

Captain Novaforce
  • Members
  • 3012 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:27 PM

Yep, the more mechas the better!

#7 lordcookie

lordcookie
  • Members
  • 19281 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

Making of video for The Gift

Pretty short and light on information but it does show how some of the effects were done.

#8 Moz

Moz
  • Supporters
  • 36568 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:05 PM

In the vid - 33 seconds...

PICK UP THAT CAN
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users