Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Troublegum

3DS
Nintendo 3DS - first thread

22,135 posts in this topic

Holy shit we do not need to see a bunch of stuttering pale developers sitting around with crossed legs. Mario Tennis looks banging though. I think my 3DS is destined to only play reheated Nintendo classics.

WTF?!

Apparently the well received 3DSWare title Sakura Samurai is not coming to Europe before Q3 2012. :angry:

Other notable titles on a recently released list of Euro 3DS releases are:

Punch Out!! [VC] (March 1st)

BIT.TRIP SAGA (March 23rd)

Cave Story DSi (March 2012)

SpeedThru: Potzol's Puzzle (April 2012)

Mario Tennis Open (May 25th)

Mutant Mudds (Q2 2012)

Spirit Camera (Q2 2012)

And no Sakura Samurai :(

got this from the europe site:

Nintendo DSiWare - Cave Story (Nicalis) March 2012

Beaten to it :P

Where the effin' jeff is Luigi's Mansion 2?

Luigi's Mansion 2 is still go for Q2 2012, but Animal Crossing 3D isn't.

Plus only 10 trys of Nintendogs.. harsh.

only 10 tries? Rough! (ruff) . The full game is damned addictive , I had to sell it as it requires your attention almost as much as a real dog if you want to train up for the cups. Being able to take it for a walk in sleep mode is a nice touch and there are some nice rewards for doing about 10000 steps or more in one go! The AR card feature is really nice too. Having the wee dog react to you while on your hand makes me dribble when I think how amazing this tech would be when applied to a decent pokemon game.

The Nikki they showed in Tennis, does that mean Miis can be used?

I'm really liking the new Mii full body design. They really struck a great balance between simplicity and style. A world apart from Rares Avatars... IMO.

Speaking of Nikki and Pranny being here and what not, we need more letters.

I've still got some outstanding invites from some of you lot as well, how's the list going these days?

Anouma saying we can look forward to more Zelda games on the 3DS. It may not be majoras mask due to him stating it as New.

Taking one for the team.

Stay tuned.

(Rolling Western GET!)

I've only recently added Pranny to my list and missed out on what sounded like some wonderful drawings.

I demand more.

I hope you're not ashamed of drawings of boobs!

His others were really good though; same with SHarris and Staplehead.

Japan has just been given Swapnote Update!

Monster Hunter Stationary!!!!

Lucky!

OK, 10 minutes play:

Looks gorgeous. Excellent 3D. Could easily be set in the Wind Waker world.

Seems to have three parts to each day - collect and explore, put up defences, FIGHT! Only done the first one. You collect big marshmallows and go into mines and destroy rocks for items. Don't know what the items do but more marshmallows means more pigs, which is what you have to defend.

Looks like you can upgrade Dillon's attacks and HP and stuff.

Controls are circle pad for direction, L to centre camera and enter mines and stuff, and touch pad for pull-back-and-go moving. Bit claw-y.

More later! Maybe.

I hope you're not ashamed of drawings of boobs!

His others were really good though; same with SHarris and Staplehead.

I concur, unfortunately I can't draw for shit, which almost limits my likelyhood to send more letters myself, as they're not going to be as nice as those guys'

Maybe I should just go ahead and send some more cocks.

The latest sales number for the 3ds in Japan, 94,000 are pretty damn impressive.

I wonder if Nintendo are concentrating too strongly on their home market though? I'd of loved to have seen them name a big game with more western appeal at today's broadcast.

I'd have been very happy with a MH date and confirmation of online. But i guess its too early yet if it's not planned til the autumn.

OK, so over an hour of Dillon has passed and it's actually pretty good.

Roam the area entering mines for ore and other materials, which you sell, use to strengthen the village gates, or use in quests. While doing this, collect marshmallows to feed pigs to increase the number in the village, and complete quests (collect stuff, find stuff), as well as repair guard and lookout towers, fitting them with guns.

Return to the village during the day to sell stuff and upgrade the gates.

At dusk, the rock monsters come. Defend the village by attacking them, or letting the guard towers attack them. They're after the pigs - if they get them all, game over.

After that, rest up, take on or complete quests, buy new weapons, train, and sleep for the next day when you do it all again - only harder.

OK, so over an hour of Dillon has passed and it's actually pretty good.

At dusk, the rock monsters come. Defend the village by attacking them, or letting the guard towers attack them. They're after the pigs - if they get them all, game over.

After that, rest up, take on or complete quests, buy new weapons, train, and sleep for the next day when you do it all again - only harder.

How much on the deKay-o-meter then?

That football game looks so awesome.

Doesn't it just? I thought I'd get negged to shit in this thread for saying that a few pages back but I want to be able to represent mt home town on a football management game and take on the world RIGHT NOW DAMMIT!

Heh I came right out and said it looked good! So what, I like kick off and it seems to be channeling its feel. Did anyone catch who's developing it?

I concur, unfortunately I can't draw for shit, which almost limits my likelyhood to send more letters myself, as they're not going to be as nice as those guys'

Maybe I should just go ahead and send some more cocks.

Send anything :) I'd say 99% of my letters are total gash. I really need to sit and spend time in order to draw anything reasonable as I find it awkward to hold and draw at the same time (doesn't feel right putting it on a table either) - but plenty of "bad" drawings on there have really made me laugh.

By the way, it is a shame the Star Wars drawing thread on there didn't go anywhere. I was looking forward to seeing the whole movie scene by scene. Pity you can't keep replying to the same letters though as no doubt that had a hand in it dying off.

I picked up Snake Eater earlier, despite having reservations on its quality prior to that atrocious demo they released, I have to say that this game is incredible! MGS3 is the only one of the series I've never played before but I can tell already after spending all day glued to it that this is on its way to becoming my favourite installment of the franchise - it pisses all over MGS4, there's loads of options, tactics & ideas I can't believe they just dropped! Plus so far, with the story grounded a bit more in reality, it feels like a proper serious title rather than some of the nonsense they end up stringing us along with later on.

I'm not sure if its a different build, it seems to run slightly smoother than the demo, but I think this game looks incredible & gives Resident Evil a serious run for it's money in certain areas, although it seems random if you'll get detailed textures on some things or fairly basic ones, but for the most part it's very impressive (considering its a PS2 port). The Edge review mentioned the great use of 3D & I'd have to agree completely, once used to get a feel of distance to patrolling enemies it's like crippling yourself to turn it off (and makes encounters with EVA interesting), in fact you'll never actually turn it off as I've found it to be essential due to the smaller screen, it's definitely a highlight for the system.

I've been playing with the CCP & have never had any problems accessing the touchscreen. Like RE it may seem playable without the added stick, but using it increases your ease of mobility greatly I thought. So if anyone was put off by last weeks demo, forget about it & look forward to the full version again!

With Tales, RE & now this 2012 really has been the year of the 3DS so far!

How much on the deKay-o-meter then?

At least a TEH WIN.

Gentleman.

I've only recently got my 3DS back from London and feel like i've missed out on some releases.

What should I pick up that I don't already have below?

Pilot Wings

Super Mario 3DS

Mario Kart

Zelda OoT

Pullbox

Is starfox worth it?

I don't know about Starfox, Zelda or Mario Although we all know OOT is great and MArio's are NEVER bad... so....) But:

Pilot Wings - A lovely little game, but short. I was very pleased to get it for £7 in the Morrisons sale as paying much more for it would have seemed like a rip. Hard to get perfects for everything.

Mario Kart - Is Mario Kart... the online seems pretty busy and the singleplayer is tough to complete with all the stars. Unfortunately the time-trial system is NOT as good as it is on the Wii. Not a bad selection of old tracks.

Pullblox - interesting and quirky puzzle game, making you think in three dimensions.