Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Troublegum

3DS
Nintendo 3DS - first thread

22,192 posts in this topic

If this is true I may just have to saix with my 3DS.

If this is true I may just have to saix with my 3DS.

I think it's true, as this was already brought up in 2010, and is more or less confirmed by this report. Whether it'll make it outside Japan remains highly doubtful.

I have fond memories of Seaman myself. Particularly my brother laughing at me whenever I started to over-articulate to try and get a straight answer out of the bugger.

How long is the battery supposed to last on the Circle Pad Pro? I thought it was something silly like 300 hours but mine was completely dead last night after less than 10 hours use in total.

Apparently there's another Nintendo Direct internet broadcast tomorrow. Interesting choice of date... :)

Apparently there's another Nintendo Direct internet broadcast tomorrow. Interesting choice of date...

:lol:

I knew it!

Wouldn't be surprised if they dropped a bomb or two, to steal some of the PS Vita's thunder.

I think it's great to see the Vita releasing and Sony continuing to support the portable market. Which I'm sure has absolutely nothing to do with this broadcast. :)

The Vita looks a great machine but I'm mainly happy because it means that Nintendo have to TRY, constantly. A over confident Nintendo is a shit, fuck you sideways Nintendo. The more competition, the more Nintendo has to bring its A game.

I think it's great to see the Vita releasing and Sony continuing to support the portable market. Which I'm sure has absolutely nothing to do with this broadcast.

The Vita looks a great machine but I'm mainly happy because it means that Nintendo have to TRY, constantly. A over confident Nintendo is a shit, fuck you sideways Nintendo. The more competition, the more Nintendo has to bring its A game.

Don't get me wrong. I'll be getting a Vita at some point too (probably when they start releasing their PSTwo classics range on it), and I think that competition is indeed the best remedy against a complacent Nintendo. But it'd be nice if they did a surprise reveal tomorrow to counter the Vita's Euro release.

Sorry, my pervious post might have sounded like I was reprimanding you! I was just saying that I'm glad for the competition. :)

I definitely hope Nintendo have something up their sleeves tomorrow, my bet would be on a game that would appeal to the west becasue that is where the Vita is releasing. No point releasing more MH info as it's pretty Japan centric.

Who knows tho, Iwata could just be repeating how well the 3ds is doing now... :(

Hmm. Some sort of press conference tomorrow? That might explain what I saw earlier then ...

I was looking on the Nintendo Europe assets site to try to get a nice high-definition picture of the 3DS for a presentation I'm doing tonight. One of the items on the related products list on the right-hand side on there was called N3DS2 and was empty. When I went back to the main 3DS page it was gone.

http://assetslibrary.nintendo.co.uk/servlet/EntityView?locationItemId=1532&entityTypeId=8 in case anyone else can see it - you may need to have login details though.

Hardware revision?

Hmm. Some sort of press conference tomorrow? That might explain what I saw earlier then ...

I was looking on the Nintendo Europe assets site to try to get a nice high-definition picture of the 3DS for a presentation I'm doing tonight. One of the items on the related products list on the right-hand side on there was called N3DS2 and was empty. When I went back to the main 3DS page it was gone.

http://assetslibrary...&entityTypeId=8 in case anyone else can see it - you may need to have login details though.

Hardware revision?

OMG!!

Xevious, did you just beat every single videogame site to a scoop?

Will it be this year??? Wii U is late this year im guessing next year? Bust isnt it too early to announce it - if its hits next year? Is it in shops next week? I wonder!

Edit:

DS lite was June 2006 and Wii was dec 2006! Maybe we will see 2 new ninty hardware this year??

I'd probably buy a revised 3DS.

Me too.

But is there any way at all to save everything that's on the SD card though (stuff like Miis, games, photos etc.)?

Me too.

But is there any way at all to save everything that's on the SD card though (stuff like Miis, games, photos etc.)?

Copy it all to your computer and then onto the new SD card. You can do a system transfer if you've got the old 3DS and the new together.

Copy it all to your computer and then onto the new SD card. You can do a system transfer if you've got the old 3DS and the new together.

Great.

Does this work for ambassador stuff too?

Great.

Does this work for ambassador stuff too?

System transfer between two 3ds units transfers ambassador status. I did it myself when I got a Zelda unit.

System transfer between two 3ds units transfers ambassador status. I did it myself when I got a Zelda unit.

"N3DS2", here I come!

I'd bet pretty much any money that we won't be seeing a hardware revision of any kind until well after E3 - they'll want nothing to mess with the current sales of the 3DS (very good), or the main Wii U E3 hype train.

Looking at the current market - why on earth would they announce one now when a) the current hardware is selling very well b) they have no major title slated to go alongside it and c) they have their hands full getting ready for Wii U

Because their rival has a twin stick machine on the market. Vita hasnt been selling too well but it's guaranteed Nintendo have their own twin stick revision waiting in the wings for when the time is right.

Second stick is fine and all but THAT NAMEEEEEE. I can easily see it being a place holder but N3DS2 or 3D2 is an awful name.

I have no problems whatsoever with the current hardware, nor any desire for a revision, but whatever they announce I'll buy it day one.

I managed to resist any of the XL's or the DSi (and even the GBA Micro, which in hindsight was a bit of a shame) but I seem to have a weird problem with buying Nintendo handhelds, I think I've bought every single one apart from those three.

So in that case, I probably will buy a 3DS2. Although, I'd like to think I won't then buy the 3DSi and the 3DSXL etc etc.

I still want a new Game Boy though tbh.

Looking at the current market - why on earth would they announce one now when a) the current hardware is selling very well b) they have no major title slated to go alongside it and c) they have their hands full getting ready for Wii U

This is also true.

Tbh, I don't think there'll be a hardware revision announcement before E3 either, but hey, we can hope, can't we?

Because their rival has a twin stick machine on the market.

So? A 3DS with 6 fantastic games, is the same price as a Vita with 1 game. The Vita doesn't do glasses free 3D. Do Sony need to bring out a hardware revision? The Vita hasn't got dual screens. Again, do Sony need to bring out a hardware revision? The Vita isn't "in your pocket" portable. Hardware revision?

There is zero chance of Nintendo rolling out a new/revised 3DS for quite some time yet. Its simply not needed at all. Just like twin sticks.