Final Fling Fixture List

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#91 joffocakes

joffocakes
  • Supporters
  • 10929 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:44 PM

Joffo if you're about right now we can do this, other wise it'll have to be a fair bit later, going out for foods soon :(

Sorry i wasn't on last night until late, and i was stereotypically drunk at that. Played a match as Viper against a G1 boxer. Useless. :)

#92 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3507 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:20 PM

Jesus. Pressure, pressure!

I'm gonna be shitting it when I play Joffo tbf. And EXCUSE ME mr funtimedave, 'no offense' but you caught me out with your noob skills. I never realised jumping backwards was such an effective tactic! :D

teehee :(

You gonna be about later tonight Joffo? My skills are weak since I've been on the ffxiii for the last week or so, but let's fight: like gentlemen.

lol just seen this. Yes I have been called out on my jumping style before but with my lack of hand eye co-ordination I rely on human psycology more than skill, get you used to a pattern and then BAM a light punch to your face as I forget the buttons again ;-) The issue is, once my opponent has it sussed I have little alternative to my game :-(. But yes jumpy jumpy makes me laugh and is a fair observation that others who have played me will agree with.

#93 sith

sith
  • Members
  • 17563 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:33 PM

Sorry sith, i'm now not really free on monday, except maybe in the afternoon - 4/5pm. Can you do tonight at all? 1015-1130pm?

Thursday any good mate?

#94 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3507 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:23 AM

So the first man through to the Semi Finals is the man like Cale.

All hail to the Cale

Attached File  hail_to_the_cale.jpg   1.94KB   0 downloads

#95 Onze

Onze
  • Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:31 PM

Just added you Onze.

I'll be on Live a fair bit I'm sure so send me an invite when you're ready. Weekend would be good.

Sorry, I wasn't on much over the weekend it was the wife's birthday.

Just let me know when's good for you. I can do :-

Monday, after 10.00pm.
Tuesday, after 8.00pm.

#96 dood

dood
  • Supporters
  • 24341 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:28 PM

Joffo!!! <shakes fist>

tonight, sir? I'm free between 6 and 9ish.

#97 hegg

hegg
  • Members
  • 690 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:42 PM

Sorry, I wasn't on much over the weekend it was the wife's birthday.

Just let me know when's good for you. I can do :-

Monday, after 10.00pm.
Tuesday, after 8.00pm.

Nice one, tonight sounds good. See you later!

#98 psyduck

psyduck
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

Thursday any good mate?

After tonight, tuesday isn't really much good, wednesday night is fine, from 6pm ish. Thursday either around 6/630 might be possible, or 10/1030? Any of those possible?

#99 cale

cale
  • Members
  • 1791 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:23 PM

So the first man through to the Semi Finals is the man like Cale.

All hail to the Cale

Attached File  hail_to_the_cale.jpg   1.94KB   0 downloads

Am I allowed to bet on myself to go out in the semis? Is that legal?

#100 dood

dood
  • Supporters
  • 24341 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:24 PM

Well, dood is out after a sound beating from joffo! :(

Balrog vs Viper was a funny match, I snagged the first round as joffo found his feet. It then decsended into a bit of slugfest! Except one where I was just throwing out random moves, whereas joffo kept just missing epic good little combos and ultra setups.. Balrog 1 - 2 Viper

Ryu vs Ken was, quite frankly, a whitewash. I could do dragon punches, jumped in at the most obvious of times and totally froze up when I realised ultimately I didn't know what the hell I was doing. Lovely combos from Mr Masters though, Ryu was pit firmly in his place! Ryu 0 - 2 Ken

The final match was the only one I was satisfied with, despite the final score. Chunners came out all guns blazing, keen to use her standing roundhouse to keep the fatman at bay. Tensions rose from then on though, and the next two rounds played out pretty frantically! After a lolwhiffed ultra juggle from me (followed by epic taunts) Rufus proceeded to smash Chun to bits in the final round.. Hate those nasty link block strings :D Chun 1 - 2 Rufus.

Good games though matey! :blink: I need to keep on top of my game or I lose the skills so fast! :(

#101 joffocakes

joffocakes
  • Supporters
  • 10929 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

Yeah, good games dood! I really loved the viper vs boxer match because it was so edgy, just picking away at each other. I had to take some silly risks and ate a lot of big face punches. I got really, really lucky to connect that ultra! Also, those throw whifs at the end of rufus vs chun were hilarious! You were very unlucky not to take that match; brute force was what saw me through, but you played exquisitely. Shame your ultra passed right under me in the end, because you deserved to connect after all that came before! Ah. Good times.

#102 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3507 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:31 AM

Yeah, good games dood! I really loved the viper vs boxer match because it was so edgy, just picking away at each other. I had to take some silly risks and ate a lot of big face punches. I got really, really lucky to connect that ultra! Also, those throw whifs at the end of rufus vs chun were hilarious! You were very unlucky not to take that match; brute force was what saw me through, but you played exquisitely. Shame your ultra passed right under me in the end, because you deserved to connect after all that came before! Ah. Good times.

Sounds like some good matches. Impressed with Dood being so close against Joffo's Rufus - I seem to recall the fat man humiliating me when we have played (not that this is a judge of skill).
So last years finalist makes it into the next round - congrats

Dood did you find your headset adaptor?

#103 hegg

hegg
  • Members
  • 690 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:29 AM

Played Onze last night, I won 3-0.

I didn't have my headset handy Onze, sorry. I could hear you saying something at the end there but I couldn't make it out. Tried turning up the volume but all that does is pump up the lobby music, not much help. Great games, and a a couple of fun friendlies after (sorry I was a bit throw heavy with Chun, not my strongest).

#104 Onze

Onze
  • Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:05 PM

Played Onze last night, I won 3-0.

I didn't have my headset handy Onze, sorry. I could hear you saying something at the end there but I couldn't make it out. Tried turning up the volume but all that does is pump up the lobby music, not much help. Great games, and a a couple of fun friendlies after (sorry I was a bit throw heavy with Chun, not my strongest).

No headset = less fun. :(

Good games, but you gave me a good schooling. Good pressure with all characters, I think I would have faired better if I'd of warmed up a little instead of getting straight into the action from work. Although I don't think it would have helped me too much.

At the end I was saying that friendlies need a headset and as lag seemed to creeping into the matches I decided to call it a night.

#105 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3507 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:14 PM

No headset = less fun. :(

Good games, but you gave me a good schooling. Good pressure with all characters, I think I would have faired better if I'd of warmed up a little instead of getting straight into the action from work. Although I don't think it would have helped me too much.

At the end I was saying that friendlies need a headset and as lag seemed to creeping into the matches I decided to call it a night.

Congrats to Hegg - he is into the Semi Finals.
Just Psyduck and Sith to play and I can draw the next round. Well played guys - it is impressive to see the games turned round so quick and the doffing of one's hat to the better opponent. The Fifa thread is all about how the game beat me not the other player.

(We shall ignore my whinging about usb issues okay and if it wasn't clear dood was the better player and deserved the win - it is just fun to whinge)

#106 sith

sith
  • Members
  • 17563 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:26 AM

After tonight, tuesday isn't really much good, wednesday night is fine, from 6pm ish. Thursday either around 6/630 might be possible, or 10/1030? Any of those possible?

Thursday at 6 is fine pal!

#107 psyduck

psyduck
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:41 AM

Thursday at 6 it is. I'll try to be on a bit before if poss just to be sure we get it in!

#108 sith

sith
  • Members
  • 17563 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:32 PM

Just played Psyduck and in somewhat of an upset I won!

Ryu 0-2 Blanka
Ken 2-1 Ryu
Balrog 2-1 Dhalsim

Very tight and tense stuff. Can't believe I won after not playing for several months.

Cheers mate.

#109 psyduck

psyduck
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:54 PM

Confirmed - played sith, deserved after me being stupid enough to pick sim 2nd twice, and then have to quit out each time.

#110 dood

dood
  • Supporters
  • 24341 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:41 PM

Funtimedave has probably had a heart attack at this news! ;)

#111 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3507 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:44 PM

Funtimedave has probably had a heart attack at this news! ;)

LMFAO - Indeed. Bloody hell. I have been in meetings all day and just come back to this.
Don't get me wrong I had no idea how good Sith was before the match up and had never played Psyduck it was just he won last time and when he arranged the cross forum games I picked up he was tasty.

So congrats to Sith, commiserations to Psyduck and it seems we will have a new reigning rllmuk SFIV champion to hold their head high going into SSFIV.

I will do the draw etc this evening - sorry about that but got to play catch up at work.

EDIT - bollox to work. The semi final draw is live

#112 blipwoo

blipwoo
  • Members
  • 1180 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:00 PM

Come on Cale! Every battle you win makes me look slightly less incompetent!

#113 joffocakes

joffocakes
  • Supporters
  • 10929 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

Woah; What a result sith! I've not played you in a good while but you must have put on a damn good show to take down Psyduck - that guy is a beast. Now I've gotta face you next :)

#114 sith

sith
  • Members
  • 17563 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:27 PM

Thank you thank you!

Around tommorow Joffo?

#115 cale

cale
  • Members
  • 1791 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:17 AM

Mr Hegg, when do you fancy booking your place in the final playing our match?

I feel like I'm in the final scene of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I'll come out firing but there's not much of a chance of survival. :wub:

#116 hegg

hegg
  • Members
  • 690 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:04 PM

Mr Hegg, when do you fancy booking your place in the final playing our match?

I feel like I'm in the final scene of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I'll come out firing but there's not much of a chance of survival. :P

Hey! How's about this afternoon/evening? I'm gonna be around for the rest of the day. Message here or just invite me if you see me online. Really looking forward to it.

#117 cale

cale
  • Members
  • 1791 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

On now, if you're about?

#118 cale

cale
  • Members
  • 1791 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:10 PM

Hegg wins! 3-0. Didn't even take a round. Sorry, Blipwoo. I let us both down. :)

Good luck in the final, chap!

#119 hegg

hegg
  • Members
  • 690 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:28 PM

Hegg wins! 3-0. Didn't even take a round. Sorry, Blipwoo. I let us both down. :D

Good luck in the final, chap!

Cheers Cale!

Friendlies were fun after. My Abel and Ken are so dry these days, I've become such a charge whore :)

#120 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3507 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:04 AM

Cheers Cale!

Friendlies were fun after. My Abel and Ken are so dry these days, I've become such a charge whore :)

We have our first finalist. All hail the Hegg. Always looked like a likely contender and now has the chance to gain glory for his fighting prowess. Will Joffo make it to the final to revenge last time's defeat or will the surprise package known as Sith make it to the final game. Stay tuned for more exciting drame in SFIV on de bus.

Well done Hegg, bad luck Cale.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users