Final Fling Fixture List

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#31 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3522 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:15 AM

So then funtimedave, tonight at 7 was it? Could we make it 8, as my mrs will be at yoga by then... She's pregnant at the mo and any xboxing seems to be the ultimate way to show I don't think about other, more important matters :lol:

lol - yeah no worries. Will see you at eight. It gives me an extra hour not to practice.

#32 dood

dood
  • Supporters
  • 24468 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:30 AM

Brrrriiiiing it ooooooowwwwwwnnnnnnn (later)

#33 JLM

JLM
  • Members
  • 5176 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:36 AM

Onze 2-1 JLM.

Blanka beat Balrog 2-0
Guile beat Chun Li 2-1
Ryu beat Dhalsim 2-1

My ambitious character choice backfired a bit as expected. Took the first two rounds down to the wire with 'Sim, but lost the third one in spectacular fashion. I have a bit of a gameplan with 'Sim, but I'm still not quite composed enough if a round starts to get away from me. You can lose a round so quickly with Sim because it only takes a couple of mistakes.

Fun randoms after. Gen vs Gief was a triumph for me, and I quite enjoyed 'Rog vs Abel too. Dash punch cancelled into super followed immediately by ultra. Just keep punching and he'll stop getting up. :lol:

Good luck in round 2 Onze.

#34 cale

cale
  • Members
  • 1798 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:11 AM

Played the tourney matches with Cale earlier. Cale won 2-1.

Never really played anyone who actually knows what they're doing with Gouken before, and I didn't adapt to his counter till it was too late. Cale deserved the win, though, and even the win I got with Cammy was due to a lucky ultra at the end of the last round. Really enjoyed the games after, and was glad you picked Gouken a few times so I could get used to him a bit. His command throw seems quite hard to tech, I was sure I was out of it every time but it still got me. Now I need to put to some time into Blanka, since I was so amazingly terrible with him that I'm blaming him for everything.

Really good fun, Mr Count. Very tight matches all in and I rode my luck quite a bit throughout. I was kicking myself when that Ultra hit in the first match - my eyes lit up when you jumped over me with a tiny bit of energy left, 'I'll throw him and that'll be that', thought I. But BAM! Ultra! Eat it and die. :lol:

I must apologise for the start of the match. I'd totally psyched myself up to face your Rose in the first match and was completely baffled when I saw Cammy. I really wasn't trying some kind of weird gamesmanship to throw you out.

Great set of friendlies afterwards too. I was sad to have to leave but Heavily Pregnant Missus ™ had had enough and told me to stop. Your Rose really got on top of me in most of those matches and I wanted to try and figure out some counter-measures to your hugely ambiguous crossups. I used to main Rose and so I know how much of a pain she can be to play against and you've got a really solid one.

Hit me up for some more games whenever you fancy, chap. :hat:

#35 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3522 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:32 AM

Onze 2-1 JLM.

Blanka beat Balrog 2-0
Guile beat Chun Li 2-1
Ryu beat Dhalsim 2-1

My ambitious character choice backfired a bit as expected. Took the first two rounds down to the wire with 'Sim, but lost the third one in spectacular fashion. I have a bit of a gameplan with 'Sim, but I'm still not quite composed enough if a round starts to get away from me. You can lose a round so quickly with Sim because it only takes a couple of mistakes.

Fun randoms after. Gen vs Gief was a triumph for me, and I quite enjoyed 'Rog vs Abel too. Dash punch cancelled into super followed immediately by ultra. Just keep punching and he'll stop getting up. :lol:

Damn, the mighty JLM has fallen but gains the respect of the crowd for his character selections. Onze is feeling the flow and beginning to believe.
Just so you all know if Dood beats me tonight the competition ends, so anyone in the second round don't get too excited ;-)

#36 dood

dood
  • Supporters
  • 24468 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:51 AM

Oh man I aint throwing no match! I fight: like gentlemen.

#37 Onze

Onze
  • Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:10 PM

Onze 2-1 JLM.

Blanka beat Balrog 2-0
Guile beat Chun Li 2-1
Ryu beat Dhalsim 2-1

Yeah nice games, I was a little thrown with the character selection order, you picked Chun-Li second even though she was third on your selection order? FuntimeDave are we meant to play our matches in order of the character selection?

Also, what's with the lack of the mic? You're such a chatty chap on the forum. It felt a little stale playing in silence, especially on the randoms. That's one of the reasons I stopped playing SFIV because most people in our last league didn't bother using mics. :hat:

#38 JLM

JLM
  • Members
  • 5176 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:14 PM

Oh crap. Sorry. I felt sure I'd left Sim til third. You are meant to go with the declared order, I was just a foolish fool on this occasion. I DEMAND A REPLAY!!!! Not really, obviously.

Sorry about the lack of headset, I usually do use it and I think I've chatted to you before. Only thing is I had my housemate sat next to me watching my matches, and I feel like a bit of a dick if I'm headsetting and totally ignoring him even between rounds/matches.

#39 Onze

Onze
  • Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:26 PM

Oh crap. Sorry. I felt sure I'd left Sim til third. You are meant to go with the declared order, I was just a foolish fool on this occasion. I DEMAND A REPLAY!!!! Not really, obviously.

Sorry about the lack of headset, I usually do use it and I think I've chatted to you before. Only thing is I had my housemate sat next to me watching my matches, and I feel like a bit of a dick if I'm headsetting and totally ignoring him even between rounds/matches.

Don't worry, I think it put more pressure on you and your 'Sim. I was expecting a win with Ryu in the second match but I wasn't confident about Guile against your Chun. When I got the win with Guile, I was confident of a win with Ryu so I was more relaxed going into the third fight. It didn't go all my way against Sim due to the amount of times I was thrown. Thankfully by the third round I'd caught on to your throwy-ness. :lol:

As for the lack of headset, yeah, we've played before and chatted, it's good to talk. I can't believe you let someone watch, that's gotta put the pressure on?

#40 JLM

JLM
  • Members
  • 5176 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:38 PM

Ha. It varies. Sometimes it makes me better, sometimes worse. I remember playing waterisgoodforyou's Zangief with a housemate watching and it made me rein in my RAGE at failing to get anywhere because I didn't want to throw a Streetfighter tantrum in front of him. He also suggested a character switch to someone totally different and it almost worked.

Also depends which housemate it is. One has played any and all 2D fighters for years like me, so he has to stop himself backseat SFing and I play very badly when he's watching. One was a PC gamer until he ended up living with us. He's learned SFIV from scratch and I've helped him along. I play well when he's watching and he has some useful input because he's put in a lot of time and research and stuff. He has a useful Cammy now, and I felt an odd sense of pride when he picked up some tourney wins at that Hitbox event.

The housemate who was watching last night is a SF novice and doesn't try to coach. He just reacts in the right way. Comiserating and congratulating, being impressed when something crazy goes down etc. I have no problem playing when he's around.

My other housemates are two girls who draw the line at Zelda and Sonic Racing, and ask "is this Streetfighter?" whether it's BlazBlue or Fighters Megamix on screen. Again, I don't care if they watch, and again it makes me not get too worked up because it's embarrassing to do it in front of non-nerds. ;)

#41 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3522 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:54 PM

Yeah nice games, I was a little thrown with the character selection order, you picked Chun-Li second even though she was third on your selection order? FuntimeDave are we meant to play our matches in order of the character selection?

Also, what's with the lack of the mic? You're such a chatty chap on the forum. It felt a little stale playing in silence, especially on the randoms. That's one of the reasons I stopped playing SFIV because most people in our last league didn't bother using mics. ;)

Yes the characters are meant to be in the order they have been submitted in. As a result of JLM blatant attempt at cheating I have decided to kick Dood out of the competition. That means I proceed to the 2nd round and the tourney can continue. Hurrah for everyone.

#42 blipwoo

blipwoo
  • Members
  • 1187 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:33 PM

16 March 2010, 9pm, Blipwoo vs Strawdonkey

It's onnnn!!!!

#43 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3522 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:49 PM

16 March 2010, 9pm, Blipwoo vs Strawdonkey

It's onnnn!!!!

20 minutes to go for the new man to make his entrance :)

Just finished playing Dood. Very good games, Dood was the worthy winner over the three games. Feutre had his wings clipped but Sagat came back with a rush down taking out pretty boy Ryu. Final match was Abel versus Big Hands Chun-Li. With my heart pounding in that street fighter manner I took the first round with some cheeky rolls and throws. Dood learnt quick and taught me a good lesson in apllying one's foot to the opponent's face to take the next and with the momentum he stormed the last.
Cheers for the games. Find the headset and I demand revenge either in this or Super.

The randoms after provided an even share of the spoils, highlight was my pathetic Dhalsim straight after Dood's efficient Indian assasin demonstration.

It was good to get back into SFIV after a long hiatus. Good Luck to Dood it would be nice to go out to the champion.

#44 blipwoo

blipwoo
  • Members
  • 1187 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:16 PM

Results are in, 3-0 to yours truly^_^. Good games from strawdonkey. His zangief annoyingly refused to spam lariats and played with solid defense, which prevented me from doing my usual dictator headstomp shenanigans. Rufus vs. Dan was a great "battle of the clowns", which I largely won by being a jammy bastard and accidently jumping just as strawdonkey's ultra came out. Third fight he played a very offensive, in-your-face Rose, which I've never seen before and frankly scared me a little :)

Here's to the second round, where I'll no doubt get my teeth knocked out and my ego flayed to its very core!

#45 strawdonkey

strawdonkey
  • Members
  • 8531 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:26 PM

I am so out of practice :) That said, it was 2-1 as I won the Rose vs Honda match up, but lost the Rose vs Bison friendly afterwards.

Good games, best of luck with the rest of the tournament; I fear most of your future opponents won't be nearly as cack-handed as I was tonight :ph34r:

#46 blipwoo

blipwoo
  • Members
  • 1187 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:30 PM

I am so out of practice :) That said, it was 2-1 as I won the Rose vs Honda match up, but lost the Rose vs Bison friendly afterwards.

hang on, he's right.

argh, sorry about that:(

#47 dood

dood
  • Supporters
  • 24468 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:04 AM

@Funtime dave : ace games sir! At work so can't elaborate much, but I was thoroughly embarrassed by my Ryu performance and was worried after you took that first round vs Chunners! I love how hard SFIV gets my heart beating at times like that :lol:

thanks for the good wishes, though somehow I think Onze is going to eat me alive tbh!! Not muh free time to practice either. Gulp. :)

#48 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3522 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:56 AM

@Funtime dave : ace games sir! At work so can't elaborate much, but I was thoroughly embarrassed by my Ryu performance and was worried after you took that first round vs Chunners! I love how hard SFIV gets my heart beating at times like that :lol:

thanks for the good wishes, though somehow I think Onze is going to eat me alive tbh!! Not muh free time to practice either. Gulp. :)

Ha ha yes it was looking good for a bit there. First game my bloody RT and LT weren't working on my TE stick. It happens sometimes and think it is the USB connection not the internals. I was wondering why I couldn't do the smiley faces and that on the lobby screen. By the time I realised and was shouting at the screen to say I was having issues it was too late and with the lack of mic on yourside I guess you couldn't hear my screams of anguish :-(
After my debarcle of picking the wrong character at the start I just thought you would give up if I mentioned it. I aslo didn't expect the following matches to be soo close and thought it would be irrelevant. The result stands but it would be nice to have the Feutre vs Balrog rematch one day

The above just reads as sour grapes, it isn't. You deserved the win and happy for you to go onto the next round. The draw will be random so it may not be Onze you get.

If you want to practise as it was good fun playing you then give me a shout although lots of games vying for my attention at the mo and that doesn't even count BluBlaz or BlazBlu. . . .

#49 Onze

Onze
  • Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:18 PM

Ha ha yes it was looking good for a bit there. First game my bloody RT and LT weren't working on my TE stick. It happens sometimes and think it is the USB connection not the internals. I was wondering why I couldn't do the smiley faces and that on the lobby screen. By the time I realised and was shouting at the screen to say I was having issues it was too late and with the lack of mic on yourside I guess you couldn't hear my screams of anguish :-(
After my debarcle of picking the wrong character at the start I just thought you would give up if I mentioned it. I aslo didn't expect the following matches to be soo close and thought it would be irrelevant. The result stands but it would be nice to have the Feutre vs Balrog rematch one day

The above just reads as sour grapes, it isn't. You deserved the win and happy for you to go onto the next round. The draw will be random so it may not be Onze you get.

If you want to practise as it was good fun playing you then give me a shout although lots of games vying for my attention at the mo and that doesn't even count BluBlaz or BlazBlu. . . .

If I'm playing you dood it's mirror match central! Boxer, Ryu in 1st and 2nd position for me too. Then it'd be my scrubby Guile against your superior Chun. :(

#50 carlito

carlito
  • Members
  • 5275 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:20 PM

Psyduck anytime you are around give me a shout - I should be free loads in the next few days.

#51 dood

dood
  • Supporters
  • 24468 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:34 PM

If I'm playing you dood it's mirror match central! Boxer, Ryu in 1st and 2nd position for me too. Then it'd be my scrubby Guile against your superior Chun. :(

I know! Though you seem to be unaware of the fact that my Balrog and Ryu are scrubbier than a Brillo pad, man.

#52 Dave White

Dave White
  • Members
  • 12651 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:34 PM

Boys Although i was warned from funtime that my arse would be handed to me by a good few of you in this final fling ting a ling.

I am afraid i will have to pull out before any of you double perfect me.

Studio workload has maxed out and evenings are mad tricky this week.

Sorry, and thanks to funtime for setting it up.

See you on Super!!

#53 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3522 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:24 PM

Boys Although i was warned from funtime that my arse would be handed to me by a good few of you in this final fling ting a ling.

I am afraid i will have to pull out before any of you double perfect me.

Studio workload has maxed out and evenings are mad tricky this week.

Sorry, and thanks to funtime for setting it up.

See you on Super!!

Why I ought to!!!! If I see you on BC2 young man. In reality it is no worries it means Joffo gets a bye to the next round, which with all due respect, I feel may have been the result anyway - we shall never know.

So just two matches to play. I say we give till end of Thursday and if nothing doing then an executive decision will be made on who progresses. Will Psyduck be willing to give up his crown without a fight. Time will tell.

Sith and GC Zombie seem to have turned into silent warriors - any news boys?

#54 JLM

JLM
  • Members
  • 5176 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:25 PM

Well I can see why only one of the Daves is a Funtime Dave.

#55 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3522 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

Well I can see why only one of the Daves is a Funtime Dave.

To make it worse and Mr White knows this my name isn't even Dave anyway. I wish I had set up the Dave vs Dave mirror match now and I would be sitting pretty in the second round feeling top of the world.

When poor Mr White is sitting in a SSFIV lobby on his jack jones wondering why? I will send a message reminding him of this dark day when he dishonoured the name of 'Dave' :-(

Below is Dave at Lunch today
Attached File  smaller_vader.jpg   20.54KB   0 downloads

#56 joffocakes

joffocakes
  • Supporters
  • 11006 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:22 PM

Oh no! I was looking forward to the fightings. See you in the Super times, Arty Dave. :( i didn't even have time to make my Viper unshit, so the first round woulda been yours!

I now fully expect to get drawn against Psyduck.

#57 JLM

JLM
  • Members
  • 5176 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

Use a lot of Dark or Electric moves.

#58 strawdonkey

strawdonkey
  • Members
  • 8531 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:24 PM

Use a lot of Dark or Electric moves.

:(

#59 sith

sith
  • Members
  • 17593 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:03 AM

Me and Zombie just cannot connect to each other. Its weird as I connect to everyone else just fine :D

#60 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3522 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:45 AM

Me and Zombie just cannot connect to each other. Its weird as I connect to everyone else just fine :D

Hmmm how you wanna sort this. I am open to suggestions, failing anything then a flick of a coin may hold your fate :-( A real shame but Shadaloo waits for no man.
Will review again around 2pm today. I hate to say it as probably tried but nothing to do with 'NAT' status? i.e. have both of you got this set to open and this can cause issues if not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users