• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#31 carlito

carlito
  • Members
  • 5006 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (KjGarly @ Dec 22 2009, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Online now, but can only linger around for about 2 hours. Jumping in shower for 15 mins, so if you come on during that time and message me don't think i'm being ignorant. Cheers tongue.gif

Wackattak - can't remember the last time I got home before 1900h! I think it was around the time the last bit of happiness in my heart died.

Ok dude - well I will probs catch you next time!

#32 psyduck

psyduck
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:37 PM

Zombie - not seen you on yet, when can I catch you?
Actually might be a little pointless me asking as I'll struggle to get on for a bit now, but guess it can't hurt...

#33 GC Zombie

GC Zombie
  • Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

Sorry I haven't been on in the last few days. I can do tonight, tomorrow during the day, or any time Thursday.

#34 JamesS

JamesS
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:52 PM

James S vs Cale was 2-1 to Cale. Though given he did Dan's super taunt in the match he lost, I think he was just taking pity on me by that point biggrin.gif

I really need to learn more than just one character. Not that I'm much good with him either...

#35 carlito

carlito
  • Members
  • 5006 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:21 PM

Carlito 3 - 0 KJ Gizzle

ggs and (not so) randoms.

#36 KjGarly

KjGarly
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:22 PM

3 Carlito vs KJ Gnarly 0

Good games, and cheers for raping me eyebrows.gif

Hadn't played since league games, started up game and wanted a practice for 5 minutes...Fucking fightpad wouldn't work at all. Restarted 360 and fightpade works, load up SF4 and it stops working. Join the lobby and it still wouldn't work or let me press OK.

That's errrrr...My excuse unsure.gif facepalm.gif

Oh, and i'd actually just woke up. Was asleep and woke, checked time and decided to see if you were online.

#37 cale

cale
  • Members
  • 1722 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (JamesS @ Dec 22 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
James S vs Cale was 2-1 to Cale. Though given he did Dan's super taunt in the match he lost, I think he was just taking pity on me by that point biggrin.gif

I really need to learn more than just one character. Not that I'm much good with him either...

Heh, good games, chap. There was no pity there - it's just some kind of law that if you have any opportunity to drop the legendary taunt, you have to do it, whether it costs you the game or not!

How many lp piledrivers did I eat in our games?! You got that shit down...

Hit me up for more games anytime you fancy.

smile.gif

#38 joffocakes

joffocakes
  • Supporters
  • 10341 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:46 PM

When do I get to fight another man? :rolleyes:

#39 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3398 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:01 AM

When do I get to fight another man? :wub:

technically there are two games yet to be played and not much sign of them happening :-(.

Also Jonster has YET TO SEND ME HIS SELECTION!!! (or I have missed it).

If peeps want I can draw the next round?

#40 cale

cale
  • Members
  • 1722 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:02 AM

Do it.

Only can you warm the balls so I'm not drawn against the winner of GC Zombie and Psyduck, kthanks.

#41 Jonster

Jonster
  • Members
  • 3069 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:45 AM

technically there are two games yet to be played and not much sign of them happening :-(.

Also Jonster has YET TO SEND ME HIS SELECTION!!! (or I have missed it).

If peeps want I can draw the next round?

Do it.

And I sent my selection when I sent you the pm about me not receiving a pm to make a selection! I thought you were just messing about with the Seths.
Anyway it was Ryu, Rose, Gief.

#42 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3398 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:36 PM

Do it.

And I sent my selection when I sent you the pm about me not receiving a pm to make a selection! I thought you were just messing about with the Seths.
Anyway it was Ryu, Rose, Gief.

lol - I knew I had probably missed it.

Will do draw later when I have the official drawing cup and official drawing bits of paper. Todays guest's performing the draw are Ralph Macchio and China O'Brien.

#43 JLM

JLM
  • Supporters
  • 5042 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:56 PM

I'm playing FurryGreenMonster as early as possible after Christmas. 27th or 28th. I actually brought my 360 with me on my Christmas/new year friends and family visiting tour for the purposes of this tournament. Could you put "Winner of FGM vs JLM" in the brackets or something because we don't want to skip the fixture?

Cheers.

#44 GC Zombie

GC Zombie
  • Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 07:01 PM

I'm not going to be able to get on tonight, apparently I'd agreed to go out :( I'm also not going to be able to play until after boxing day.

I think the best thing to do is to put psyduck through to the next round, he'd have beaten me anyway.

Apologies to psyduck and funtimedave, I was really up for this, but I had more christmas commitments than I thought.

#45 joffocakes

joffocakes
  • Supporters
  • 10341 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:27 PM

So... What's happening?

#46 carlito

carlito
  • Members
  • 5006 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:07 AM

I am about tonight!

I have no real idea what is going on, so I just thought I would step in with a random true statement vaguely relevant to the situation, just so, y'know, I feel I'm doing my bit.

Thanks, good job guys.

#47 FurryGreenMonster

FurryGreenMonster
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:49 PM

Was supposed to play JLM yesterday/today but he doesn't seem to have been around so I'd say just ignore our game and carry on with the tourny if we're holding it up and if it's easier to kick us.

#48 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3398 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:50 PM

Was supposed to play JLM yesterday/today but he doesn't seem to have been around so I'd say just ignore our game and carry on with the tourny if we're holding it up and if it's easier to kick us.

Okay draw has been done. Apologies for the delay but China and Ralph started arguing about who was the best 'American Ninja' and then Frank Dux got involved and it took time to calm everyone down. Also I started to worry that someone would get a bye into the Final, apparently it should sort itself next round.

ROUND 2
Carlito vs JLM or Furry Green Monster

Hyper P vs Jonster

Cale vs Joffocake

GC Zombie vs Psyduck - bye to the next round

Good Luck

#49 carlito

carlito
  • Members
  • 5006 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:26 PM

Like noctural menstruation - I'm on tonight.

JLM/FGM resist that date if you DARE!

#50 psyduck

psyduck
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:53 PM

sorry, I've been away since boxing day. Going to be busy but can fit things in on evenings if I know when you'll be about zombie...

#51 FurryGreenMonster

FurryGreenMonster
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:57 PM

Like noctural menstruation - I'm on tonight.

JLM/FGM resist that date if you DARE!

Sorry, man. I can't get back on tonight, though I'll be around all week on and off.
Dunno if I have you on my list actually...

Me and JLM just had our fights and some good randoms after.

His Blanka tore my Sim apart 2-0 then the following two were a little closer.
My Cammy just beat his Ken 2-1 I think it was then my Ken just beat his Gen 2-1 again.

So final result was JLM 1 v 2 Furry

Great games all in all.

#52 JLM

JLM
  • Supporters
  • 5042 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:45 PM

Well played FGM. I've never played you before and had no idea what to expect, and I suspect we were both a little bit rusty going into it. Gen was a bit of a risky pick for me, so I was actually quite pleased to take a round off Ken in the last match. I'm never comfortable fighting against Cammy for some reason, and that third round was very tense indeed.

Randoms were fun, though I didn't need to get Fei Long quite so much! I can use him competently and win some games but he's far from being a favourite of mine. SSFIV with lobbies can't come fast enough, I've missed playing random characters against new opponents on this game.

#53 Jonster

Jonster
  • Members
  • 3069 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:41 PM

I really think it's going to show that I haven't played for 2 and a half months!

#54 Hyper P

Hyper P
  • Members
  • 1402 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

I really think it's going to show that I haven't played for 2 and a half months!

lol

Hyper P vs Jonster

C.Viper vs Ryu

Sakura vs Rose

Cammy vs Zangief

Winner: Jonster (1-2)

Played C.Viper like crap and kept fluffing inputs right up in the Red Cyclone's face :) . A deserved winner.

#55 psyduck

psyduck
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:56 PM

GC Zombie - I'm much freer now, tell me when you can be about and I'll be there!

#56 FurryGreenMonster

FurryGreenMonster
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:09 PM

carlito just tore me up.

My Sim 0 - 2 Carlito's Bison

My Cammy 0 - 2 Carlito's Rog

My Ken 2 - 0 Carlito's Gouken

Furry 1 - 2 Carlito

Good games, dude.

I think I'm gonna stick with and learn how to use Sim properly. He's a really fun character.

#57 carlito

carlito
  • Members
  • 5006 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:00 PM

Yeah good games dude.

I actually had a mate round at the time who doesn't play SFIV and even he was laughing at me when I got thrown for the 4th time on wakeup by your Ken!

I am desperately shit with Gouken.

#58 FurryGreenMonster

FurryGreenMonster
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:41 PM

I like to throw in a lot of empty jump-ins against Gouken as it seems when lots of peeps see a jump-in while they're waking up they tend to assume an attack is coming and often throw out the wake-up parry, which has a fair bit of recovery time. Then I'll start throwing in the mk/cross-up too to turn it into a big old guessing game :huh:

#59 FuntimeDave

FuntimeDave
  • Members
  • 3398 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:38 PM

Well we have our first two semi finalists.

Carlito & Jonster

Respect to FGM and Hyper P for representing the lower divisions thus far. My contribution was a 3-0 drubbing in the first round.

Can we complete before 12 days of Chrimbo or on the 13th day my true love sent to me a bad ass mofo roundhouse kick to the head - mainly due to the Cammy costume she got for a present with mask.

Good Luck.

#60 cale

cale
  • Members
  • 1722 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

Sorry, forgot to post up. Joffo beat me 2-1. The games were good fun and he was a deserved winner. :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users