• 15141 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:08 PM

So much for 8. Soon, though...soon.

#122 Commander Jameson

Commander Jameson
  • Members
  • 10952 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

As an observer, how are you communicating where you have died? Have you come up with names for places?

#123 Vulgar Monkey

Vulgar Monkey
  • Members
  • 17036 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:10 PM

....Problem with clan tags is that it makes game lobbies like chav nightclubs - a moderate sized group of guys arriving together are gonna get nowhere. Was a laugh watching all the randoms constantly leave soon as we arrived.

#124 Blue

Blue
  • Supporters
  • 9751 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:18 PM

Right now I think we're all just getting used to the maps and how they play, but some maps are better than others for place names. Estate, Derail, Terminal and Karachi for example. Some will proove to be tough, but you just play as a team subconsciously I think.

#125 goofy pls

goofy pls
  • Members
  • 12507 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:49 AM

It's hard to explain but somehow, playing with you guys, we all seem to KNOW what's going on and who's talking to who about what and where. It's a level of teamwork I'm really not used to in MW2 and it's thoroughly refreshing.

#126 Vermin

Vermin
  • Members
  • 10637 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:07 AM

I usually describe stuff with a compass direction, which might be useful or useless, I'm not sure. I'm glad that some of us are using the UAVs as well. Seems like none of the randoms I play with EVER have it in their killstreak.

#127 Meerman

Meerman
  • Members
  • 23785 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:02 AM

Oh good, just need his forum name for the list and potential clan PMs.

Me, except during True Blood Flash Forward. Love that show!

Seems that he was removed with the last inactive members cleanup. Just add his gamertag; Smith77.

If someone can point me towards some good, clear, large images of MW2's maps, then I'll try to name the places again for mass use. Like I have for MW, basically.

#128 Metalligator

Metalligator
  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:54 AM

try here:
http://www.mw2blog.c...ltiplayer-maps/

#129 Meerman

Meerman
  • Members
  • 23785 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:57 AM

try here:
http://www.mw2blog.c...ltiplayer-maps/

That's already donen with names, I see. Excellent! Shame the maps are a bit small in pixel size.

#130 Dimahoo

Dimahoo
  • Members
  • 40841 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

Will be on again tonight - probably about 0800pm or earlier maybe...

Enjoyed last nights games but i think we need to play this like a hardcore game with the addition that we look out for each other - kinda cover all angles. We went on the offensive last night and paid a pretty high price at times. I reckon if we let them come to us we'd probably take an early lead.

Not that i can talk - my KD ratio is appualing. Its easy to run towards a battle only for them to spawn behind where your heading towards.

#131 Meerman

Meerman
  • Members
  • 23785 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:31 AM

I'm usually better, I was just too tired last night. Sorry for the non-stop swearing in the end. I prefer to play this earlier in the evening.

I'm not on tonight, nor tomorrow. Back on Friday, but won't be playing anymore after 11pm.

#132 Mars

Mars
  • Members
  • 13920 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:42 AM

I'll be on this tonight between 8-10 :)

Wiener 243

#133 Vulgar Monkey

Vulgar Monkey
  • Members
  • 17036 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:36 PM

If anything, it seems that most of the occasions where we got a kicking last night were due to them getting an early offense in during the first few moments before we'd had time to divvy up appropriately.

One particular moment I recall was dashing behind the dead BMP in derail and seeing you lot get bombed to fuck (almost to a man) by grenades and 40mm's moments later. Somehow they didn't see me and I had to run off shitting myself while everyone else reappeared at the other side of the map.
However, I believe going unnoticed and being mobile contributed largely to my uncharacteristic success that match - I'd say forming a single tight defensive unit is definitely viable, but only on some maps. Works brilliantly on Afghan, quite tricky to pull off on Favela as so many spots are open to multiple attack vectors. Then again, I got mauled on favela last night, usually one of my better maps.

#134 Vulgar Monkey

Vulgar Monkey
  • Members
  • 17036 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:16 PM

Also:

'Reminds me of Saigon'. :D

#135 Vermin

Vermin
  • Members
  • 10637 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:27 AM

Five tours!

#136 BleedingSpleen

BleedingSpleen
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:05 PM

Sorry about my absence lately, been really busy the last couple of days. Should be on tonight after 8 though I reckon.

#137 Mars

Mars
  • Members
  • 13920 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:51 PM

I was on last night, only had a few games with Dimahoo though. Will be on again later tonight!

#138 Blue

Blue
  • Supporters
  • 9751 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 02:49 PM

Could I ask that no-one invites non-clan members into clan games unless we don't get a full compliment of AFGM members, please? Hope that doesn't sound mean, but I'm the one who gets loads of messages from members asking for invites when we're on and I find it too embarrassing to ask non - members to leave a lobby to make room. It's only fair that clan members get first shout I think. Maybe it's that non-members are "joining game in progress", in which case, can I respectfully ask that you don't for the reasons above. Very sorry but I feel I should to be fair to members. <_<

When there are more than 6 members available, should we get everyone in and run private games? Who has a decent connection? I get about 5mbps.

#139 BNS

BNS
  • Members
  • 15141 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:29 PM

I usually describe stuff with a compass direction, which might be useful or useless, I'm not sure. I'm glad that some of us are using the UAVs as well. Seems like none of the randoms I play with EVER have it in their killstreak.

Yeah likewise. I very much like to use a 'x metres & compass direction from y' method.

Obviously if something is going on by a well known location I'll call that out first.

Anyway, in general I'm loving the teamwork. A quick look at the radar while someone is calling for an assist will quickly show you who's talking, and where they are, so that helps a great deal. The team were a great help in securing care packages last night too. And I know Smith doesn't really use the forum, but I had a great game on Sub Base with him last night, where we decided to work closely together, a kind of team within the team, and we kicked some serious arse, as well as helping eachother, and the team as a whole more in turning up as a two.

If I'm on tonight it won't be until later on, but I'll hopefully get some play in.

#140 BNS

BNS
  • Members
  • 15141 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

Could I ask that no-one invites non-clan members into clan games unless we don't get a full compliment of AFGM members, please? Hope that doesn't sound mean, but I'm the one who gets loads of messages from members asking for invites when we're on and I find it too embarrassing to ask non - members to leave a lobby to make room. It's only fair that clan members get first shout I think. Maybe it's that non-members are "joining game in progress", in which case, can I respectfully ask that you don't for the reasons above. Very sorry but I feel I should to be fair to members. <_<

When there are more than 6 members available, should we get everyone in and run private games? Who has a decent connection? I get about 5mbps.

Yeah, I like to play with my mate Sokaar too, but when we both jumped in the other night and it bought the party up to 7 we backed out and did our own thing, which we're more than happy to do.

I have a 11mbps/1.1mbps (on average) connection - but I think it's Meerman that takes the prize. I'm sure he was doing better than that years back. He's probably got something properly mental now.

#141 Dimahoo

Dimahoo
  • Members
  • 40841 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

I was on last night, only had a few games with Dimahoo though. Will be on again later tonight!

Yeah sorry mate - i did see you on there but i couldn't find my mic!

#142 Mars

Mars
  • Members
  • 13920 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:19 PM

No worries, we ended up on opposite teams as well :D

Shall we agree a time tonight and set up a party? This game is so much better with a good crowd. I'll be there from 8-10 :hat:

#143 Blue

Blue
  • Supporters
  • 9751 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:20 PM

Def, I'll be there.

#144 Vermin

Vermin
  • Members
  • 10637 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:29 PM

I'm in.

#145 Mars

Mars
  • Members
  • 13920 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:27 PM

YES LADS.

#146 Vulgar Monkey

Vulgar Monkey
  • Members
  • 17036 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:54 PM

I should probably treat myself to an early night one of these days (fucking sleep deprivation), but yeah, I suppose I'll be around. What the hell.

#147 Mars

Mars
  • Members
  • 13920 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:39 PM

I'm on now, let's go :hat:

#148 Blue

Blue
  • Supporters
  • 9751 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:35 PM

Hey. We don't lose too many, do we? :(

Great fun as always, cheers.

#149 Mars

Mars
  • Members
  • 13920 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:55 PM

Some quality games! That epic comeback to win by 7500 to 7400 was amazing, after we cleared them out of their sniper-holes and pummelled them in the open. Great games, cheers all :(

#150 Vulgar Monkey

Vulgar Monkey
  • Members
  • 17036 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

Fuck me the ripper is fun, ain't it?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users