A Few Good Men.

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#31 Blue

Blue
  • Supporters
  • 9743 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:35 PM

Is it too late to sign up? This sounds good and I'm free most nights. Would make a nice change from playing with randoms. My GT is also BleedingSpleen.

You, sir, are in. Thanks.

I'm keen for some of this!

Won't be on until tomorrow evening now but I will add people then if that's OK? My tag is alife.

Welcome. Can we call you, Alfie, during games?

I'd be up for this, am on a fair bit with mates. We all comunicate a lot (mostly game related) and discuss tactics over email.
I tend to be the biggest pusher of this and want to have one person as 'commander' as such. Also designate jobs to team members.
Metalligator is my gamertag

I like the cut of your jib, young man. :P

First post edited with current members. Could everyone please make sure you have all members on your friends list. Sorry I may not be available until later in the week but we'll get there. If anyone has any suggestions about anything, let's hear them.

That's probably enough members for the moment until we see how it goes/who turns up regularly. Thanks all.

Edit: Oh, weiner? I have a Weiner 243 already on my friends list. Is that you?

#32 Vermin

Vermin
  • Members
  • 10636 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

I'd be up for this, am on a fair bit with mates. We all comunicate a lot (mostly game related) and discuss tactics over email.
I tend to be the biggest pusher of this and want to have one person as 'commander' as such. Also designate jobs to team members.
Metalligator is my gamertag

Sorry for never getting to accept your invites, fella. I've always been in games with mates already. Invite me up if you see me online tonight though. I've barely played any games with forum folk yet.

Really looking forward to getting some clan games going soon. I'm more interested in the objective games than anything, but TDM suits me just fine too.

#33 Vulgar Monkey

Vulgar Monkey
  • Members
  • 17013 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:18 PM

A Few Good Men.
[AFGM]
Clearly, that's your name.

Well played sir.

Also, regarding potential prestiging.....the more I think about it, the more the Famas strikes me as the perfect weapon anyway. I suppose the lack of perks would sting the most, while the lack of streaks can just be made up for by good old fasioned gunslinging.

Anyone know if the rewards for prestiging stack, or is the extra custom class slot a one off?

See my sig for gamertag btw. Some of you I already have, and I'm on the rllmukmw2 list anyhoo.

#34 Mars

Mars
  • Members
  • 13918 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

Edit: Oh, weiner? I have a Weiner 243 already on my friends list. Is that you?

Yep :P

#35 adebisi

adebisi
  • Banned
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:21 AM

Welcome. Can we call you, Alfie, during games?

Splendid. You'll be calling me every name under the sun once you see how terrible I am on this! I missed out the first Modern Warfare therefore most people have a headstart on me, but I am picking it up slowly

#36 Blue

Blue
  • Supporters
  • 9743 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:34 AM

It's mainly about having people who will listen to, and give, good info in-game and not fight to steal our care packages or call us... bad names. :lol:

#37 SnoopZakaDaVe

SnoopZakaDaVe
  • Members
  • 3643 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:00 PM

reguarding the mass PM, snoop is fine and what most people call me online anyway unless i know them for real or they happen to know my name. when are we getting on then for the first time, better off scheduling something?

#38 BNS

BNS
  • Members
  • 15140 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:38 PM

Good shout on the name neom.

On the subject of a Commander - I have to say I'm against that. One person can never have an entire overview of the ongoing game, at least not if they're going to be any use in play. If we just work as a unit, and decide on the fly who's doing what, we'll be much more effective and flexible.

I was heavy into sniping in MW1, but not so much in this. I prefer to move about the map with an M4, tearing motherfuckers up that way. Though I'm also capable with an SMG.

Another thing that's changed for me is HC. In MW1 I was pretty much strictly HC, but in this I much prefer standard play. It's more exciting - not to mention you have a compass. Nothing irks me more than 'I'm under attack left of the main house' - Well, which left is left?

Hopefully I can be on from about 8 tonight. But as expected, I will be starting my new job this weekend, so I won't be available then.

And RB is fine for comms.

#39 Blue

Blue
  • Supporters
  • 9743 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:54 PM

Yeah, I only played hardcore in MW1 but agree that Regular has been dramatically improved in 2.

Let's start with regular TDM and see how it goes. Think it will be tomorrow or Thursday before I'll be available but you guys play before then by all means.

#40 Vermin

Vermin
  • Members
  • 10636 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:59 PM

Call me 'nequest' innit.

I'll be in charge of making impossible leaps across rooftops. It's just a shame we don't get points for that, really.

#41 Blue

Blue
  • Supporters
  • 9743 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:06 PM

Call me 'nequest' innit.

Is that pronounced Kneequest? WTF is it? :unsure:

#42 Vermin

Vermin
  • Members
  • 10636 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:06 PM

Yeah, 'knee-quest' it is. It's my surname. :unsure:

I'll be up for some games tonight if anyone's on?

#43 Vulgar Monkey

Vulgar Monkey
  • Members
  • 17013 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:43 PM

Call me anything appropriately ear-catching.
Although tbh I always find xbl comms a bit 'mumbly'.

Anyway, I agree with RB in that flexibility should be our main aim. Besides, I still find myself switching load-out quite often, and imagine I will continue to as more gear is unlocked.

However, my play style does tend to be quite slowly, slowly. Arms length where possible, usually silienced, though I'll happily go houseclearing with a machine pistol if someone at a second floor window is causing trouble. If I'm going unsupressed, it'll probably be an RPD. I haven't tried sniper rifles yet, but never had much success in MW1 with them.
While slow, I do tend to not spend very long in any one spot, and habitually work autonomously from the bulk of the team, maybe pairing up with one other...though perhaps that's a result of playing with randoms.

As a guess I would suggest I'm possibly best used as a flanker, harrasser, opportunist. I'm probably less useful when things get really hectic, say if I get rushed by 3 or more. At best I'll lay low, if they spot me I'll flash and leg it, but most often I'll get shot.

Perhaps once we've assessed each others style we can decide some appropriate methods of play. More to the point, we might be able to cross train a bit.

#44 BNS

BNS
  • Members
  • 15140 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:53 PM

I'm down for tonight. Will any of you guys be on around 8?

And I prefer to work in a small group of 2 or 3, as long as everyone is communicating effectively. I only go lone wolf when I have to suffer randoms.

Moving in a small group will almost always mean we win. If the opposite team are lone wolfing, 3 will always win out over 1.

#45 Vulgar Monkey

Vulgar Monkey
  • Members
  • 17013 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:09 PM

I'll probably be on later, aye.

#46 BNS

BNS
  • Members
  • 15140 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:03 PM

A bit later than I had hoped, but I'm getting on now.

#47 Blue

Blue
  • Supporters
  • 9743 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:50 AM

Ok troops. If I don't crash on the M6 today, let's try to get some games in tonight , say 9 p.m.

#48 Mars

Mars
  • Members
  • 13918 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:08 AM

I should be in for 9 tonight so will jump online if so :OMG:

#49 Sergeant Squid

Sergeant Squid
  • Members
  • 6086 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:50 AM

Add me up then fellas. Sergeant Squid is the tag but you can all call me 'The Sarge' and marvel at my massive kill score, whilst completely ignoring my equally massive death score as I bomb around the map like Rambo on speed.

Yeah.

I probably need to work on that.

EDIT: Also, I'm not about tonight, sorry!

#50 Lucky Gonk

Lucky Gonk
  • Members
  • 1997 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:05 PM

Hello all - I'll be on from 8pm onwards this evening. Send me an invite if/when you're ready and I'll cut across and join you. :OMG:

#51 BleedingSpleen

BleedingSpleen
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:29 PM

Champion. I'll see you all at 9 then

#52 Vermin

Vermin
  • Members
  • 10636 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:37 PM

9pm is good for me. Let's slay 'em.

#53 BNS

BNS
  • Members
  • 15140 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:55 PM

I imagine I'll be playing on and off from 2-10 today. Good times.

#54 adebisi

adebisi
  • Banned
  • 400 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:02 PM

Good games last night dudes. Really makes a huge difference from playing with randoms.

I should be on later so I'll try and jump in on the action or if you see me giz a shout!

#55 Vulgar Monkey

Vulgar Monkey
  • Members
  • 17013 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:28 PM

I should be around at 9, assuming I don't nod off before then.
Have to warn you I've been a bit off colour all day, but if I get a few warm up matches in first I should be alright.

#56 SnoopZakaDaVe

SnoopZakaDaVe
  • Members
  • 3643 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:34 PM

9pm is good for me. Let's slay 'em.

slaying - complete!

good games tonight, loving the AC130 but it seems harder to get kills in than chopper gunner, though the chopper can get taken out with relative ease.

#57 Vermin

Vermin
  • Members
  • 10636 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:44 PM

Sorry for disappearing a bit suddenly. Had to nip out. Did we actually lose a game?

I kept starting each game really badly, then somehow pulling it back to a positive k/d ratio. I'm thinking I might ditch the predator soon, too, as I only occasionally manage to get kills with it.

#58 SnoopZakaDaVe

SnoopZakaDaVe
  • Members
  • 3643 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:49 PM

Sorry for disappearing a bit suddenly. Had to nip out. Did we actually lose a game?

I kept starting each game really badly, then somehow pulling it back to a positive k/d ratio. I'm thinking I might ditch the predator soon, too, as I only occasionally manage to get kills with it.

predator is the shit, i had a point where i was missing them often, probably 5 in a row i missed but really it's an easy kill and then i need one more for my harriers, then they do a bit of work and i only need a few more for the AC130, i find it a nice balance and can get the AC130 out pretty often now - earlier i got it out 4-5 times in two games.

#59 Spuddles

Spuddles
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:00 PM

Myself and a friend have been playing together alot since launch (we're housemates) and we're looking for some people to play with. Is it alright next time there's a get together we tag along?

#60 Lucky Gonk

Lucky Gonk
  • Members
  • 1997 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:31 PM

Cheers for the games tonight fellahs - was a good crack and I thought we made for a pretty decent team. I'm definitely up for playing again in the not-too-distant future. :P

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users