A Few Good Men.

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#1 Blue

Blue
  • Supporters
  • 9722 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

Full up now, for the moment at least. Thanks.

A Few Good Men

Forum Name ~ Gamertag

Blue ~ Mr Numpty
VerminScum ~ Nequest
RBOnline ~ RBOnline
Vulgar Monkey ~ ShakyTarantula
SnoopZakaDaVe ~ SnoopZakaDaVe
mook ~ Lucky Gonk
Boozy The Clown ~ Boozy The Clown
jdog24 ~ smithstock
weiner ~ Weiner 243
BleedingSpleen ~ BleedingSpleen
swans ~ alife
Metalligator ~ Metalligator
Meerman ~ Meerman
Dimahoo ~ Dimahoo
Is Smith on the forum? ~ Smith77
vayaOA ~ vayaOA

#2 Dave White

Dave White
  • Members
  • 12093 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:18 PM

give me the lowdown sir?

#3 Blue

Blue
  • Supporters
  • 9722 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:27 PM

Well, I'm going to be playing a lot. Spent many hundreds of hours on MW1 but generally with and against randoms.

This time I'd like to feel part of a friendly, mature, regularly playing clan who want to develop over time, discuss tactics offline and work as a team. People who don't mind losing but always want to win.

People of all skill levels welcome. Very happy to have people who aren't good but just want to improve over time. I'd like it to be a supportive team who won't judge each other at all, just help each other. The most important thing is that you're available very regularly.

#4 snowbind

snowbind
  • Supporters
  • 28454 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:30 PM

Once I get my live sub sorted I am up for regular clan meets.

#5 Vermin

Vermin
  • Members
  • 10636 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:32 PM

I'd be up for this. I can see me dedicating a hell of a lot of time to this game.

#6 Sergeant Squid

Sergeant Squid
  • Members
  • 6086 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

Don't see the point of clans personally. A load of us that play wow stuck [MUK] in front of our names. It makes us slightly more sexy.

#7 BNS

BNS
  • Members
  • 15120 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:55 PM

I'm down. However, I should be starting a new job this week that could fuck things up with regards to playing some nights...but we'll see.

#8 Blue

Blue
  • Supporters
  • 9722 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:11 PM

Once I get my live sub sorted I am up for regular clan meets.

Any idea when that's likely to be? I'll keep you a place anyway, no probs.

I'd be up for this. I can see me dedicating a hell of a lot of time to this game.

Good man, I'll be in touch shortly and will send FR. I'm Mr Numpty. ;)

Don't see the point of clans personally. A load of us that play wow stuck [MUK] in front of our names. It makes us slightly more sexy.

Yeah, it's all good. Just fancy being part of a team and learning to work together. This is for people who want the same.

I'm down. However, I should be starting a new job this week that could fuck things up with regards to playing some nights...but we'll see.

No problem. I may be away for the next 2-3 days myself but hell, we'll be playing this for a long time so it'll work out. Cheers.

#9 Vermin

Vermin
  • Members
  • 10636 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:20 PM

I suggest the clan tag [GASH].

#10 Blue

Blue
  • Supporters
  • 9722 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:26 PM

Well, that's one suggestion. :) Any more? Team GASH? ;)

#11 Vulgar Monkey

Vulgar Monkey
  • Members
  • 16941 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:35 PM

Fuck it, count me in.

I will be available most nights from about 6 ish, although not necessarily at the same times each week. Sometimes if I'm out with mates it's quite impromptu. But that's only the odd day here and there. If we sort out a clan thread, or just use this, I can provide notice on birthdays n things.

I never really bother with comms though, which might be a problem. My headset is still lying around in the box somewhere. ;)
Not that it seems to affect my performance much - even playing with randoms, knowing where to be seems quite intuitive.

#12 BNS

BNS
  • Members
  • 15120 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:22 PM

No problem. I may be away for the next 2-3 days myself but hell, we'll be playing this for a long time so it'll work out. Cheers.

Yeah, I imagine I'll still be playing it a ridiculous amount regardless of work. I love playing really tactical. It can seem a bit silly given that it's a game, but requesting support 50 meters north north west of the poppy field is what this shit is about :OMG:

#13 Blue

Blue
  • Supporters
  • 9722 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:30 PM

Fuck it, count me in.

I will be available most nights from about 6 ish, although not necessarily at the same times each week. Sometimes if I'm out with mates it's quite impromptu. But that's only the odd day here and there. If we sort out a clan thread, or just use this, I can provide notice on birthdays n things.

I never really bother with comms though, which might be a problem. My headset is still lying around in the box somewhere. :OMG:
Not that it seems to affect my performance much - even playing with randoms, knowing where to be seems quite intuitive.

Excellent, welcome aboard. Yeah, definitely look out that headset.

Yeah, I imagine I'll still be playing it a ridiculous amount regardless of work. I love playing really tactical. It can seem a bit silly given that it's a game, but requesting support 50 meters north north west of the poppy field is what this shit is about :)

Sounds good to me. I'd actually like one of the team to be the in-game leader (not me), who will direct the action/give orders where needed. You want to try it?

Need name suggestions too. I'm vetoing GASH. :D

#14 Vermin

Vermin
  • Members
  • 10636 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:54 PM

GUFF?

#15 Meerman

Meerman
  • Members
  • 23785 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:55 PM

Sorry, Smith and I aren't in. Too much going on with Forza and Fifa stuff.

#16 Blue

Blue
  • Supporters
  • 9722 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:38 PM

GUFF?

I'm going to trust that you're a better player than you are a namer. :OMG:

That's ok, Rich. If you change your mind anytime just give me a shout.

#17 SnoopZakaDaVe

SnoopZakaDaVe
  • Members
  • 3639 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:09 PM

providing when we play it isnt all private games then im in for capture the flag and all that stuff, just private games all the time bore me

#18 Blue

Blue
  • Supporters
  • 9722 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:23 PM

No, it should be mainly public games except if we enter the league. I only ever play TDM and HTDM because I can't figure out how the hell to play the other modes so I'd quite like to rank up on deathmatch first, then if someone can help me I'd be glad to learn the others.

You in on that basis, Snoop?

#19 Vulgar Monkey

Vulgar Monkey
  • Members
  • 16941 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:41 PM

There's a point about ranking up; what about if we hit a prestige?

#20 Lucky Gonk

Lucky Gonk
  • Members
  • 1997 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:53 PM

I'm up for this. The game's going to own my life for the foreseeable future so it'd be good to play with some like-minded folks. I'm usually on between 8 and 10 in the evening and mainly play TDM. I'm not great but I'm smart enough not to rush in when things are going badly. Send me a FR if you fancy some games. :OMG:

#21 Boozy The Clown

Boozy The Clown
  • Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:42 AM

#22 goofy pls

goofy pls
  • Members
  • 12507 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:58 AM

A Few Good Men.
[AFGM]
Clearly, that's your name. :OMG:

#23 smithstock

smithstock
  • Members
  • 4960 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:09 AM

I'll drop you an add man, this and FIFA are pretty much the only two games I can guarentee playing regularly.

Problem is, that I'm in final year university so I won't be able to definately say I'm the most reliable due to work :OMG:

But I'm on a hell of alot, usually after 9/10

#24 Mars

Mars
  • Members
  • 13916 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:45 AM

Definitely count me in for this as a 'squad' player :OMG:

#25 Trigg

Trigg
  • Members
  • 4541 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:52 AM

I'm always up for joining but I don't know how much time I'll be dedicating to the game etc. But if you see me about and you need an extra body throw me an invite.

#26 SnoopZakaDaVe

SnoopZakaDaVe
  • Members
  • 3639 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:42 AM

No, it should be mainly public games except if we enter the league. I only ever play TDM and HTDM because I can't figure out how the hell to play the other modes so I'd quite like to rank up on deathmatch first, then if someone can help me I'd be glad to learn the others.

You in on that basis, Snoop?

yeah i'm in, the other game modes aren't too difficult to learn - after 3-4 games you should know what you're upto, and if we're all talking on the mics then we could dominate a team of randoms that don't talk at most team based games, including deathmatch probably though it's a bit harder because you don't NEED teamwork to win a team deathmatch game

#27 Blue

Blue
  • Supporters
  • 9722 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:57 PM

There's a point about ranking up; what about if we hit a prestige?

That's ok. We'll work out how to protect anyone under rank 10.

I'm up for this. The game's going to own my life for the foreseeable future so it'd be good to play with some like-minded folks. I'm usually on between 8 and 10 in the evening and mainly play TDM. I'm not great but I'm smart enough not to rush in when things are going badly. Send me a FR if you fancy some games. :)

Good man. Welcome aboard.

:lol: I fuckin love you Boozy :) :OMG:

Glad you could make it. :)

A Few Good Men.
[AFGM]
Clearly, that's your name.

GENIUS! That's it, troops, set your clan tags to "AFGM".

I'll drop you an add man, this and FIFA are pretty much the only two games I can guarentee playing regularly.

Problem is, that I'm in final year university so I won't be able to definately say I'm the most reliable due to work :(

But I'm on a hell of alot, usually after 9/10

You're in! We'll soon knock that studying crap out of you. :D

Definitely count me in for this as a 'squad' player :)

Thanks, welcome to the team.

I'm always up for joining but I don't know how much time I'll be dedicating to the game etc. But if you see me about and you need an extra body throw me an invite.

Ok, but I'm watching you soldier. I need dedication. :D

yeah i'm in, the other game modes aren't too difficult to learn - after 3-4 games you should know what you're upto, and if we're all talking on the mics then we could dominate a team of randoms that don't talk at most team based games, including deathmatch probably though it's a bit harder because you don't NEED teamwork to win a team deathmatch game

Good stuff. :)

I'm "out of town" for a couple of days so if you could all make sure you have each other on your friends list and send me a request too that would be great. And change your clan tags to AFGM.

#28 BleedingSpleen

BleedingSpleen
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:41 PM

Is it too late to sign up? This sounds good and I'm free most nights. Would make a nice change from playing with randoms. My GT is also BleedingSpleen.

#29 adebisi

adebisi
  • Banned
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:22 PM

I'm keen for some of this!

Won't be on until tomorrow evening now but I will add people then if that's OK? My tag is alife.

#30 Metalligator

Metalligator
  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:54 PM

I'd be up for this, am on a fair bit with mates. We all comunicate a lot (mostly game related) and discuss tactics over email.
I tend to be the biggest pusher of this and want to have one person as 'commander' as such. Also designate jobs to team members.
Metalligator is my gamertag

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users