• Announcements

• TehStu

Login with your DISPLAY NAME, not old username   02/10/16

IP.board v4 has changed how you login. Previously, you had a username and a display name. The username would be used to login to the forum, whereas the display name would appear alongside posts. It's possible they were one and the same, but also possible that they changed over time, as you updated your display name. From now on, login with your display name. The username no longer exists.
    • TehStu

iPhone users: please read this   02/10/16

The burger menu may be missing from the top right of the forum when viewing on an iPhone. Until resolved, here is the direct url to the login page.  
    • TehStu

ALL spoilers are currently visible   02/10/16

As posts have not yet been rebuilt, all spoilers are currently visible. If you're following something (film/game) and want to avoid spoilers, AVOID the relevant thread until the post rebuild is complete. I'll delete this announcement when it's done.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blue

A Few Good Men.

294 posts in this topic

[u][b]Full up now, for the moment at least. Thanks. [/b][/u]

[u][b]A Few Good Men[/b][/u]

[u]Forum Name [/u]~ [b][u]Gamertag[/u][/b]

Blue ~ [b]Mr Numpty[/b]
VerminScum ~ [b]Nequest[/b]
RBOnline ~ [b]RBOnline[/b]
Vulgar Monkey ~ [b]ShakyTarantula[/b]
SnoopZakaDaVe ~ [b]SnoopZakaDaVe[/b]
mook ~ [b]Lucky Gonk[/b]
Boozy The Clown ~ [b]Boozy The Clown[/b]
jdog24 ~ [b]smithstock[/b]
weiner ~ [b]Weiner 243[/b]
BleedingSpleen ~ [b]BleedingSpleen[/b]
swans ~ [b]alife[/b]
Metalligator ~ [b]Metalligator[/b]
Meerman ~ [b]Meerman[/b]
Dimahoo ~ [b]Dimahoo[/b]
Is Smith on the forum? ~ [b]Smith77[/b]
vayaOA ~ [b]vayaOA[/b]

Well, I'm going to be playing a lot. Spent many hundreds of hours on MW1 but generally with and against randoms.

This time I'd like to feel part of a friendly, mature, regularly playing clan who want to develop over time, discuss tactics offline and work as a team. People who don't mind losing but always want to win.

People of all skill levels welcome. Very happy to have people who aren't good but just want to improve over time. I'd like it to be a supportive team who won't judge each other at all, just help each other. The most important thing is that you're available very regularly.

Don't see the point of clans personally. A load of us that play wow stuck [MUK] in front of our names. It makes us slightly more sexy.

I'm down. However, I should be starting a new job this week that could fuck things up with regards to playing some nights...but we'll see.

[quote name='snowbind' post='6575885' date='Nov 15 2009, 05:30 PM']Once I get my live sub sorted I am up for regular clan meets.[/quote]
Any idea when that's likely to be? I'll keep you a place anyway, no probs.

[quote name='VerminScum' post='6575887' date='Nov 15 2009, 05:32 PM']I'd be up for this. I can see me dedicating a hell of a lot of time to this game.[/quote]
Good man, I'll be in touch shortly and will send FR. I'm Mr Numpty. ;)

[quote name='Sergeant Squid' post='6575900' date='Nov 15 2009, 05:37 PM']Don't see the point of clans personally. A load of us that play wow stuck [MUK] in front of our names. It makes us slightly more sexy.[/quote]
Yeah, it's all good. Just fancy being part of a team and learning to work together. This is for people who want the same.

[quote name='RBOnline' post='6575935' date='Nov 15 2009, 05:55 PM']I'm down. However, I should be starting a new job this week that could fuck things up with regards to playing some nights...but we'll see.[/quote]
No problem. I may be away for the next 2-3 days myself but hell, we'll be playing this for a long time so it'll work out. Cheers.

Fuck it, count me in.

I will be available most nights from about 6 ish, although not necessarily at the same times each week. Sometimes if I'm out with mates it's quite impromptu. But that's only the odd day here and there. If we sort out a clan thread, or just use this, I can provide notice on birthdays n things.

I never really bother with comms though, which might be a problem. My headset is still lying around in the box somewhere. ;)
Not that it seems to affect my performance much - even playing with randoms, knowing where to be seems quite intuitive.

[quote name='Blue' post='6575952' date='Nov 15 2009, 06:11 PM']No problem. I may be away for the next 2-3 days myself but hell, we'll be playing this for a long time so it'll work out. Cheers.[/quote]

Yeah, I imagine I'll still be playing it a ridiculous amount regardless of work. I love playing really tactical. It can seem a bit silly given that it's a game, but requesting support 50 meters north north west of the poppy field is what this shit is about :OMG:

[quote name='Vulgar Monkey' post='6575998' date='Nov 15 2009, 06:35 PM']Fuck it, count me in.

I will be available most nights from about 6 ish, although not necessarily at the same times each week. Sometimes if I'm out with mates it's quite impromptu. But that's only the odd day here and there. If we sort out a clan thread, or just use this, I can provide notice on birthdays n things.

I never really bother with comms though, which might be a problem. My headset is still lying around in the box somewhere. :OMG:
Not that it seems to affect my performance much - even playing with randoms, knowing where to be seems quite intuitive.[/quote]
Excellent, welcome aboard. Yeah, definitely look out that headset.

[quote name='RBOnline' post='6576211' date='Nov 15 2009, 08:22 PM']Yeah, I imagine I'll still be playing it a ridiculous amount regardless of work. I love playing really tactical. It can seem a bit silly given that it's a game, but requesting support 50 meters north north west of the poppy field is what this shit is about :)[/quote]
Sounds good to me. I'd actually like one of the team to be the in-game leader (not me), who will direct the action/give orders where needed. You want to try it?

Need name suggestions too. I'm vetoing GASH. :D

[quote name='VerminScum' post='6576275' date='Nov 15 2009, 08:54 PM']GUFF?[/quote]

I'm going to trust that you're a better player than you are a namer. :OMG:

That's ok, Rich. If you change your mind anytime just give me a shout.

providing when we play it isnt all private games then im in for capture the flag and all that stuff, just private games all the time bore me

No, it should be mainly public games except if we enter the league. I only ever play TDM and HTDM because I can't figure out how the hell to play the other modes so I'd quite like to rank up on deathmatch first, then if someone can help me I'd be glad to learn the others.

You in on that basis, Snoop?

I'm up for this. The game's going to own my life for the foreseeable future so it'd be good to play with some like-minded folks. I'm usually on between 8 and 10 in the evening and mainly play TDM. I'm not great but I'm smart enough not to rush in when things are going badly. Send me a FR if you fancy some games. :OMG:

I'll drop you an add man, this and FIFA are pretty much the only two games I can guarentee playing regularly.

Problem is, that I'm in final year university so I won't be able to definately say I'm the most reliable due to work :OMG:

But I'm on a hell of alot, usually after 9/10

I'm always up for joining but I don't know how much time I'll be dedicating to the game etc. But if you see me about and you need an extra body throw me an invite.