• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#91 oli

oli
  • Members
  • 27798 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:49 AM

Aaaaaah, Hearthbeat sensor.

I know that people can avoid it with perks but some don't and those that don't... DIE! Mwahahahahahaha.
I still suck compared to the vast majority of players but just unlocking the heartbeat sensor has made this more enjoyable that it already was. I really wish more people would use the UAV instead of just saving up for predator missiles and such. I seem to the one of the rare few that actually use it regularly.

Using the UAV doesn't take away your kill streak you know, use the UAV and one more kill you get a care package etc.

#92 jeebus

jeebus
  • Members
  • 20859 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:24 PM

I'm on regularly from about 10.30pm, but stuck with playing with randoms mostly - if anyone here is on at this time, drop me a friend request.

#93 murray

murray
  • Supporters
  • 20381 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:37 PM

I'm usually on from half ten too, I'll add you later.

#94 p1nseeker

p1nseeker
  • Members
  • 3850 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:37 PM

Using the UAV doesn't take away your kill streak you know, use the UAV and one more kill you get a care package etc.

I think what he is saying is that as you only get a choice of three killstreak rewards, a lot of people are choosing predator missiles as their first then two higher ones after that.

#95 Vermin

Vermin
  • Members
  • 10636 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:06 PM

Yeah, there seem to be fewer and fewer UAVs going up at the moment. It's kind of annoying when you spawn on the outskirts of a map and have no idea where the action is.

#96 oli

oli
  • Members
  • 27798 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:51 PM

I think what he is saying is that as you only get a choice of three killstreak rewards, a lot of people are choosing predator missiles as their first then two higher ones after that.

Oh I see, sorry. I'm a traditionalist I stick with the UAV

#97 Vaya.

Vaya.
  • Members
  • 3590 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:37 PM

UAV, predator, AC130.

#98 Sergeant Squid

Sergeant Squid
  • Members
  • 6086 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:39 PM

I find the uav invaluable and will always have it. I chuck them up regularly. Well, as regularly as I get a 3 kill streak anyway!

#99 Miner Willy

Miner Willy
  • Members
  • 12399 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:32 PM

I didn't know this. Unless I'm doing well (i.e. the opposition are really shit) and confident of going farther without dying, I've been saving them to 'upgrade' for a care package. What a div. :(

#100 Pob

Pob
  • Moderators
  • 12206 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:39 PM

It's a shame the Killstreak set-ups aren't attached to classes. Surely it would make sense to do this?

#101 bobontheway

bobontheway
  • Members
  • 3747 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:35 PM

:)

I'm an idiot.

#102 larrydavidsanger

larrydavidsanger
  • Members
  • 7370 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:48 PM

I've barely played with RLLMUK folk in this, any big games going on, add me!

#103 Raane

Raane
  • Members
  • 1439 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:33 PM

Personally i think the first set of killstreaks are brilliant:
UAV is an instant tangiable help for you and the team
Care package gives you the chance of a nice little earner above what you might have likely got
Predator missile gives you a nice free boom with a bunch of kills.
I never seem to get high enough to use anything past 7 kills and every time i've used a pavelow or gunship it gets shot out of the sky tout suite.

#104 Sergeant Squid

Sergeant Squid
  • Members
  • 6086 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:35 PM

Had my first night of hating this tonight. Just couldn't get on with it, no matter what I tried. Felt like I was playing in treacle or something. I had no coordination, couldn't shoot for shit and just had a miserable couple of hours. I'd suggest taking a break but it's the first time i've played in a couple of days!

#105 Vermin

Vermin
  • Members
  • 10636 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:54 PM

I felt exactly the same, man. I was really, really pissed off earlier.

I think if anything kills my love of this game it'll be the lag and general attitude of some of the players, where their own score comes before the team. It's much more noticeable than in Battlefield, which I suspect will become my focus once it's out.

#106 p1nseeker

p1nseeker
  • Members
  • 3850 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:09 AM

Got my first nuke last night :eyebrows:

I was shaking with excitement!

#107 Sergeant Squid

Sergeant Squid
  • Members
  • 6086 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:21 AM

Brilliant. I've not seen one yet but I can just imagine the crying from the other team.

Also, how the hell did you get 25 kills without dying?!? I think my highest is about 7!

#108 p1nseeker

p1nseeker
  • Members
  • 3850 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:25 AM

I had my killstreak rewards set to Harrier > Chopper Gunner > Nuke

Managed to get a 7 kill streak in a domination game, called in my harriers, the opposition didn't seem interested in taking it out so that got me my chopper gunner. Then i got enough kills in that to get me my nuke!

I set up my killstreaks specifically to get my nuke, now i've got it i'll change them back to something more team beneficial (UAV, emergency airdrop etc)

#109 Dude Ranch

Dude Ranch
  • Members
  • 20107 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:40 AM

I'll be honest, I don't think I've ever deliberately gone to a care package. This is wrong, right? Do you get loads of loot or just one thing?

#110 Blue

Blue
  • Supporters
  • 9731 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:52 AM

I'll be honest, I don't think I've ever deliberately gone to a care package. This is wrong, right? Do you get loads of loot or just one thing?

They're a hazardous business, care packages. I'm at my most nervous when I try to open one as you're completely vulnerable - it's great!

Lots of people are using their own care packages as bait and also, moving quickly to the opposition's packages then lying in wait so it's best to choose where you drop them quite carefully - or just dump them wherever you are and risk it for the rush. :eyebrows:

You get one thing per package, except emergency care packages which have four items.

#111 Vermin

Vermin
  • Members
  • 10636 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:21 PM

Usually if the care package is on the radar for longer than thirty seconds, it's obvious someone's using it as bait. I tend to creep around, take the guy out and then turn the tables on him, as he'll ALWAYS come back.

#112 Vaya.

Vaya.
  • Members
  • 3590 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:25 PM

or they've got them stuck in a tree and are now bouncing about underneath it :eyebrows:

#113 Pob

Pob
  • Moderators
  • 12206 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:39 PM

I finally got the stealth bomber killstreak last night, and promptly bombed myself.

Does the stealth bomber bomb in a line across the map? I was miles away from where I set the pointer, but the arrow may have been pointing towards me.

#114 Sergeant Squid

Sergeant Squid
  • Members
  • 6086 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:41 PM

Yeah it does. On 360 you use the right stick (iirc) to set the direction of where it bombs from and to.

And I did the exact same thing last night with a Predator. Saw some guy sneaking up on my hiding spot so dropped it on us both. It was totally worth it.

#115 p1nseeker

p1nseeker
  • Members
  • 3850 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:08 PM

I like using predator missiles to destroy harriers or pave lows! :hmm:

#116 Vermin

Vermin
  • Members
  • 10636 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:11 PM

or they've got them stuck in a tree and are now bouncing about underneath it :hmm:

I once saw the entire enemy team trying to reach a care package that was stuck up on a ridge on Quarry. I promptly whipped out the predator and dropped it on the lot of them. :wub:

#117 Vaya.

Vaya.
  • Members
  • 3590 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:54 PM

Yeah it does. On 360 you use the right stick (iirc) to set the direction of where it bombs from and to.

it doesn't seem all that responsive to me..

#118 p1nseeker

p1nseeker
  • Members
  • 3850 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:15 PM

AK47 seems much improved over cod4, shame it takes so long to unlock!

And 1887 shotguns akimbo are my favourite gun in the whole game now! Much lols were had!

#119 bobontheway

bobontheway
  • Members
  • 3747 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

<_< <_< :o

I saw my first care-package death today. I was lying in wait after just seeing a teammate get gunned down ahead of me. Enemy appears and I line him up in my sights and then SQUISH.

CARE-PACKAGE!!

I was immediately killed as well as I was laughing too much to notice someone come up behind me and knife my spine.

#120 Fneeb

Fneeb
  • Members
  • 1234 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:57 PM

Right, so. First time player to a CoD game of any sort, though not a stranger to multiplayer fps in general. Anyone either willing to give a brief nub rundown of how to get started, what mode to play etc or is there a handy link somewhere? <_<

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users