Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bastion

Modern Warfare 2 League (Xbox 360)

210 posts in this topic

I'll have my 360 back next week so I'll be up for this. Been playing the PS3 version up till now

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Me and ahmunnaeetchu (member here) will be up for the league and would want to join/be in/form a team together

Oh boy. Looks like I'd better get some people together then, I only have two right now. :hat:

THE LEAGUE

OK, I've read the last league thread and discussion thread. Here are my thoughts.

Teams

Teams should have 4-7 players in. Each game will be 4vs4 unless agreed upon differently with the opposing team before the game takes place. You can recruit people to your team throughout the season if required. The maximum was raised from 6 to make it easier to organise games (really it could be more than 7, but obviously we don't want 3 teams of 15 people or anything like that).

Each team will have a home ground. This is their choice of map and gametype. This can be changed once in the middle of the season if you wish.

Games

Each team will play each other team just once. The games will be 3 rounds, best out of 3. Both home grounds will be played and then one chosen at random at the start of the week. A win- 3points. Draw- 1 point. Loss - 0 points.

Once the teams are sorted I will post the matches for every single week until the end of the season, to make things easier to organise. You have one week to play your game. If the game isn't played neither team scores points, unless it can be clearly shown to be the fault of the other team.

If once the game starts people drop out the game must be completed, although any team can forfeit at any time. If a team doesn't turn up to play in the first place they forfeit. All match times must be posted on here before the match takes place (by either team).

[Gametypes

I don't know enough about what should and shouldn't be allowed as a gametype yet, including timings, so I'm hoping to get some feedback from Timmo first.

Feedback would be excellent, I'll pin the league signup and results thread soon so get entering people.

Oh boy. Looks like I'd better get some people together then, I only have two right now. :(

Maybe you can hook up with me and Olly- who is AWESOME

My housemate and me will be wanting to join, he's kryten on the forum, but has under 10 posts. We need a couple of people to join up with us if anyone is interested, we play together most days so if anyone wants to play with us just to see what we're like and how we play.

If not we'll just join any team that's taking players :)

Steely, Sean, Nathan, Jamie, Me? Boro Squad? :D

Boner Squad, more like.

We'll be fucking you up bad*.

* Possibly not.

I'd be more than happy to join a team if anyone needs an additional player :)

Sorry for the lack of input here and thanks to tarules for stepping up, didn't fancy it myself this time. I'll act as some kind of consultant prick to make myself feel important though.

Sorry for the lack of input here and thanks to tarules for stepping up, didn't fancy it myself this time. I'll act as some kind of consultant prick to make myself feel important though.

Just to make this clear for everyone, Timmo is charging £210 per hour for his consultancy fee. I've had a word with Graham S and he says it can just come out the RSC donations, so we're good to go!

So will people be picking their own teams or is it a names out of a hat sort of deal?

pick your own side will be alot better for organising the games.

Boner Squad, more like.

We'll be fucking you up bad*.

* Possibly not.

We give you boners with our amazing skills *

*Probably not <_< .

How big do you think the teams should be?

It was 4 or 5 last time but loads more seem to be playing this atm. I think the three remaining VSFers are up for it.

Rgr rgr :)

DannyB is still on a lot, dunno if you were including him or not Tom. I'm well up for this, I work shifts now but that should only be two nights a week when I defo can't play. Not a fan of hardcore though I'm happy to play anything just for the love of playing with regs in organised teams.

Yes, but it requires someone competent (i.e. not me) to sort out a league etc. But yes, it will happen.

RMUK is what I'm using.

I'm still flying with VSF.. but my xbox gamertag mentions Rllmuk and Gamerdork.

So will people be picking their own teams or is it a names out of a hat sort of deal?

If you pick your own teams in threads in this forum, and then organise everything in them, it'll make things very easy. Then when done sign up in the pinned thread.

My housemate and me will be wanting to join, he's kryten on the forum, but has under 10 posts. We need a couple of people to join up with us if anyone is interested, we play together most days so if anyone wants to play with us just to see what we're like and how we play.

If not we'll just join any team that's taking players :)

me and Doodle have set up a team currently there is 3 of us we need one more player we are looking for anyone that enjoys the game and works well in a team K/D doesn’t matter we just want enthusiasm and honour

I'll be up for joining in :)

my team!

and Steely, Jdog, Nathan :) just confirm guys n we got a team!