Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bastion

Modern Warfare 2 League (Xbox 360)

210 posts in this topic

To Hardcore or not to Hardcore?

List your interest and views on a league here.

Hardcore is a multiplayer mode:

-With no hud.

-Realistic damage. (Just a couple of bullets is enough to kill.)

-The radar only appears on your hud when someone on your team activates the UAV.

-When a team mate dies, that skull doesnt appear telling you where they just died.

-And no kill cam.

-Friendly fire is on! So dont shoot your mate :)

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Its how MW should be played in my eyes.

Think the same arrangement as last time where home teams choose their own formats would be better. I can see the attraction of Hardcore (although I never play it) but the league should be a combination of game types

Last time the home team was the one that chose the game type, and the map. That worked well, there's no need to change it.

Yeah sure.

I think the Home team deciding the game setup would be best, as said.

Sounds good. Shall we start picking teams? How do we go about assuring that teams are fairly even? Last time there were two clear winners as I recall. We should make things more even this time.

Yeah drop me an add for those that don't have me already, I'm the same as Steel - I could take part regular, dependant on the night.

How big do you think the teams should be?

It was 4 or 5 last time but loads more seem to be playing this atm. I think the three remaining VSFers are up for it.

The league was ace last time so I'm in!

Anyone else from the wolf pack want to get the team going again? ;)

I'll definitely be in but I actually have no idea which of the people I play with are actually on the forum. Will have to ask I suppose.

I tried Hardcore over the weekend and its not too bad really. The biggest thing for me was not having the little map showing where my team mates were. Other than that I thought it generally played better as it slows people down.

the normal game is REALLY slowing down now. Far less running then there was during week 1, some really tense stand offs through the streets. in fact, if you pick any piece of cover and watch a door for 20 secs you'll likely get a kill. Then move up 1 junction and repeat. it'll take a long time to push up, but you'll not be giving kills away every few seconds.

Ooh and by the way, are we all still using Muk as our clan tag? It's a good way to recognise fellow forumites.

Is this going ahead?

Yes, but it requires someone competent (i.e. not me) to sort out a league etc. But yes, it will happen.

Ooh and by the way, are we all still using Muk as our clan tag? It's a good way to recognise fellow forumites.

RMUK is what I'm using.

I'm using [RMUK]