#1 stefcha

stefcha
  • Supporters
  • 9723 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:30 PM

Rllmuk SFIV League 1st Division Fixtures - Week 6, Season 3

Table after Week 5:

Posted Image

Yea, the end is nigh! Yes, it's the final week! But theoretically there's two weeks to go after this 'til every game ever times out, but never mind that. After a promising start it's all gone a bit quiet and we and everyone else has about a million unplayed games and as such it's probably still anyone's league, although you can get fucked if you think I'm working out the possible permutations for the remaining 26 matches ^_^ There was one match played already, where I beat dood whilst drunk and with one hand tied behind my back, blindfolded. That's what I'll be telling the grandkids about the epic bout anyway :)

Voided games, not played in allotted time.

dood - robdood v gozaimas - gozaimas
carlito - Dollarez v gozaimas - gozaimas
Polmon - PolmonTheNinja v Dante Sigona - Mega Drive II
dood - robdood v carlito - Dollarez
gozaimas - gozaimas v Polmon - PolmonTheNinja
carlito - Dollarez v cale - cales moog
strawdonkey - strawd0nkey v gozaimas - gozaimas
cale - cales moog v Polmon - PolmonTheNinja Result: 3 - 0 Played before deadline
dood - robdood v strawdonkey - strawd0nkey

Outstanding Matches, will be voided in one week's time if unplayed

Round 16
giant_frying_pan - giantfryingpan v gozaimas - gozaimas Result: 2 - 1
strawdonkey - strawd0nkey v cale - cales moog Result: 1 - 2

Round 17
gozaimas - gozaimas v Dante Sigona - Mega Drive II
carlito - Dollarez v strawdonkey - strawd0nkey
dood - robdood v giant_frying_pan - giantfryingpan Result: 3 - 0

Round 18
strawdonkey - strawd0nkey v Polmon - PolmonTheNinja Result: 0 - 3
Dante Sigona - Mega Drive II v dood - robdood

Notes:

If you've played any matches in advance, post them in the appropriate thread and/or PM the result to me.
If you won't be able to play the fixtures posted above in time, please keep us in the loop in this thread.

#2 stefcha

stefcha
  • Supporters
  • 9723 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:50 PM

Result: stefcha 2 - 1 dood

Played a bit back, this was just ace! I'd started playing a bit more defensively than usual with it being in mind that it's easy to make the wrong decisions on wakeup against chunners, tried to be a bit less predictable and it paid off when I took the first. The beers must've steadied my hand. Brimming with confidence I planned on the same for the second and promptly got ripped into tiny pieces by some relentless all out fucking-hell-what-hit-me attack. I recall something about being stuck in the corner, gently weeping, then it was over. 1-1! Final match I managed to get the occasional chip in but was always on the back foot and on my way out when I hit an ultra to bring it round to one round each, proper running round the streets shouting stuff :) The end I don't really remember apart from it being cagier than a cage match featuring a Johnny Cage and his evil twin and I nicked it. It's all hazy from the fog of joy and elation, I felt as high as a kite after winning ^_^

#3 giant_frying_pan

giant_frying_pan
  • Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:53 PM

Round 10
carlito - Dollarez v giant_frying_pan - giantfryingpan

That's been played. carlito won 3-0 ^_^

#4 strawdonkey

strawdonkey
  • Members
  • 8491 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:53 AM

Errrr. My total games played adds up to 15, whereas it should be 33(!). What's happened there then?

Remaining dudes! Anyone available on Sunday afternoon/evening>?

#5 stefcha

stefcha
  • Supporters
  • 9723 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:41 AM

Weird, looks like it's been that way all season. The sums were looking in a blank cell for some reason, fixed.

#6 Michael J Glocks

Michael J Glocks
  • Supporters
  • 2857 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:14 AM

Stef/Goz/Carlito: Will hopefully be on tomorrow (Tuesday) evening. Any time between the hours of 6 and 10pm suit you guys?

#7 stefcha

stefcha
  • Supporters
  • 9723 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:45 AM

Yeah, I've probably got football from about 6.30-9pm (unconfirmed as yet) so other than that I can be on - earlier better!

#8 cale

cale
  • Members
  • 1792 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

Sorry I've not been around much recently. Sadly, that's not set to change much anytime soon but I might be available to play a game or two on Thursday. Anytime from mid-afternoon onwards, but I'll need times if any wants to book in a slot!

After that, at random times in the evenings. Just let me know. :D

#9 stefcha

stefcha
  • Supporters
  • 9723 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:54 PM

Sorry I missed you the other night, think I just left the box on while I was doing other stuff hence the lack of reply. Anyhoo,

Result: stefcha 2 - 1 Dante Sigona

Christ I'm rusty. Lost the first bout easily including a perfect in the second round, although there was something really weird going on with the joypad in slight mitigation! Then I managed to take advantage of Seth's rubbish stamina to blast back for the win although I was still throwing too much shit out at random and missing, lucky not to get punished. I proved then afterwards that I'm utter crap with anyone else, I don't know any combos, barely even the special moves for that matter so it wasn't much of a competition. Well played and cheers for the bouts, I'm feeling my interest wane in SFIV to be honest so my heart perhaps isn't quite in it.

#10 carlito

carlito
  • Members
  • 5272 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:19 PM

I'm going on now for a little while if anyone is keen?

#11 carlito

carlito
  • Members
  • 5272 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:01 PM

Thanks for squeezing that game in Dante.

Dante 0 - Carlito 3

For some reason I was utterly incapable of pulling out my pretty basic link combos. As such it was very ugly, more so even that usual. Seth's health really is a joke isn't it? I think an EX headstomp eats pretty much a third of his health. Took such a battering in one match that I was forced into throwing out a kamikaze EX crusher just for the chip damage to avoid a perfect. Tragic.

#12 stefcha

stefcha
  • Supporters
  • 9723 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:55 PM

Sorry I've not been around much recently. Sadly, that's not set to change much anytime soon but I might be available to play a game or two on Thursday. Anytime from mid-afternoon onwards, but I'll need times if any wants to book in a slot!

Oh yeah, I can do mid afternoon! Pick a time that's good, I'll be in all afternoon.

#13 Michael J Glocks

Michael J Glocks
  • Supporters
  • 2857 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:24 AM

Looks like I might be without Xbox Live after tonight and for the foreseeable future, so I might not get those matches with Goz, Dood and Polmon done in time. Sorry! I'll take three losses if need be.

But at least I never have to play as Seth again. :wub:

#14 strawdonkey

strawdonkey
  • Members
  • 8491 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:17 AM

Cale, Carlito, Gozaimas:

I'll be around from about 9:30pm tomorrow, and between 8-10pm Thursday if those times suit. Not sure about Friday yet, I'll let you know when I know :wub:

#15 dood

dood
  • Supporters
  • 24366 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:29 AM

Result: stefcha 2 - 1 dood

Played a bit back, this was just ace! I'd started playing a bit more defensively than usual with it being in mind that it's easy to make the wrong decisions on wakeup against chunners, tried to be a bit less predictable and it paid off when I took the first. The beers must've steadied my hand. Brimming with confidence I planned on the same for the second and promptly got ripped into tiny pieces by some relentless all out fucking-hell-what-hit-me attack. I recall something about being stuck in the corner, gently weeping, then it was over. 1-1! Final match I managed to get the occasional chip in but was always on the back foot and on my way out when I hit an ultra to bring it round to one round each, proper running round the streets shouting stuff :o The end I don't really remember apart from it being cagier than a cage match featuring a Johnny Cage and his evil twin and I nicked it. It's all hazy from the fog of joy and elation, I felt as high as a kite after winning :wub:

Ah dude yes, that game was indeed legendarily awesome! :o GOOD GAMES.

..back when I had internet... <weep>

Anyway, the good news is, Polmon and I should have internets again by this weekend, fingers triple crossed! Virgin Media really are a bunch of useless cunts. They've DHL'd our new modem. To home address. So the likelihood is we'll be at work when it arrives. Twats. But hey, hopefully we'll be back in time to not void outstanding games!

I MISS THE BATTLES OF JUSTICE.

<Chun Li nude mod.jpg>

#16 gozaimas

gozaimas
  • Members
  • 690 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:05 PM

Sheeeeit. So sorry. Been away at GameCity and then writing up a million other things that have been cock-blocking SFIV. But am back in black sorta. Will pop on tonight and see if any of my opponents are about. Othwerwise, Friday's good for me.

#17 cale

cale
  • Members
  • 1792 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:37 AM

Oh yeah, I can do mid afternoon! Pick a time that's good, I'll be in all afternoon.

Nice. I should be back about 3ish so let's say 4pm!

#18 cale

cale
  • Members
  • 1792 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:14 PM

Shit, sorry Stefcha, might be a little delayed. Maybe more like 4.30ish. Have to run to the computer shop to get my PC sorted out.

Sorry!

#19 stefcha

stefcha
  • Supporters
  • 9723 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:24 PM

Result: cale 0 - 3 stefcha

I'm on a run! After remembering how to play vs. Dante the other day I carried on the decent form here, nothing too flashy just tried to keep it solid and yet mix things up a lot to keep cale guessing, and it worked out. Needless to say, I caught the throw-into-ultra at one point and there might have been a couple more that were whiffed which could've changed things. Good games, it's always depressing to see people play other characters well then when I try them myself I can't do anything with them! Ended up more or less all square in the battles after, I quite like Fuerte now I've had him a few times as he suits the more random style of play I enjoy, but Gen can fuck right off! I hate him and you can guarantee every single bloody time I pick random I'm going to get him within about 5 tries. Random my arse :)

#20 stefcha

stefcha
  • Supporters
  • 9723 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:27 PM

I've just noticed that three games were about to become void, but it seems like in all three cases they were down to network issues as in complete lack of a network. Is everyone OK with giving them another weeks grace?

#21 strawdonkey

strawdonkey
  • Members
  • 8491 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:23 PM

Fine by me.

#22 Polmon

Polmon
  • Supporters
  • 6625 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:28 PM

Me and dood are back online now, so we can catch up on our games. I'm around all weekend - so if I see anyone I'll give them a shout. Drop me a line on here if your gonna be on and want to play a match though, as I might be playing Demon's Souls on the PS3 :lol:

#23 stefcha

stefcha
  • Supporters
  • 9723 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:29 PM

Updated the timeout on the outstanding matches, will post an updated table when I install Excel.

#24 cale

cale
  • Members
  • 1792 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:36 AM

Me and dood are back online now, so we can catch up on our games. I'm around all weekend - so if I see anyone I'll give them a shout. Drop me a line on here if your gonna be on and want to play a match though, as I might be playing Demon's Souls on the PS3 :lol:

D'you think we could play our match tonight, fella? 7.30 OK?

#25 Polmon

Polmon
  • Supporters
  • 6625 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:45 PM

Yep, I'll see you then cale <_<

#26 Polmon

Polmon
  • Supporters
  • 6625 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:51 PM

cale - cales moog 3-0 Polmon - PolmonTheNinja

Good games but I played like a tard :ph34r:

#27 strawdonkey

strawdonkey
  • Members
  • 8491 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:01 AM

Gozaiiiiiimas! Can you play tomorrow (Sunday) evening? I'm a bit busy for Monday and Tuesday (read: very busy) so can either make that or Wednesday evening before our match gets voided.

I don't want to have that happen if possible; playing you is always fun!

#28 cale

cale
  • Members
  • 1792 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:37 AM

Confirmation of the Stefcha and Polmon results. Well played, gentlemen. :ph34r:

Carlito, Donk and GFP: you're my last games. When are you all able to duel? Quite like to wrap this all up before too long, if at all poss.

#29 Polmon

Polmon
  • Supporters
  • 6625 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:38 PM

strawdonkey - will you have time to play our match too this evening? Give me a shout on here if you can. I'll probably be on the PS3 again all day today :E

gozaimas, carlito and Dante - I'll be around today and tomorrow evening if you can play - again, give me a shout on here though (unless you see me on Live - in which case just message me on there).

#30 strawdonkey

strawdonkey
  • Members
  • 8491 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:02 PM

I may well be able to sidle in for a bit. What kind of time were you thinking?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users