Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stefcha

SFIV - Premier Division - Week 5 - Season 3

34 posts in this topic

Rllmuk SFIV League Premier Division Fixtures - Week 5, Season 3

Table after Week 4:

premweek4.jpg

So here we are, ideally it's the final week but there's that many outstanding matches I suspect this will overrun somewhat. Bear in mind that after this week there will be two more weeks grace after which that's it. Unfortunately there's already a couple of matches void, sith v GC had an extra week and unless I've missed something there was a lack of anything from the other match too (which did again involve sith).

There are plenty more outstanding matches, lets try ensure they don't befall the same fate. I'm still not sure if it's the right thing to do or not now it's actually happened, thoughts appreciated!

Anyway, anough of that shit, to the table :) Scarily, infexious is now top and has only dropped a single game. Bloody hell, I've not played him but given he seems to pick whatever character he wants tiers be damned and then do this he must be tip top. He is using a stick, right? Right?! Down the far end there's sith but maybe with a few games played he might grab a point or two, and GC Zombie is on the rise with a few good wins, looking very tight to keep out of the bottom three now!

UPDATED:

Void matches

sith - sithlordx v GC Zombie - GC Zombie

sith - sithlordx v infexious - i infexious i

GC Zombie - GC Zombie v sith - sithlordx

infexious - i infexious i v Psyduck - Psyduck

sith - sithlordx v JLM - JasonC85

sith - sithlordx v Hegg - Hegg

infexious - i infexious i v Joffo_Cakes - Joffocaked

Psyduck - Psyduck v sith - sithlordx

JLM - JasonC85 v infexious - i infexious i

sith - sithlordx v Joffo_Cakes - Joffocaked

infexious - i infexious i v sith - sithlordx

Joffo_Cakes - Joffocaked v waterisgood4you - waterisgood4you

waterisgood4you - waterisgood4you v sith - sithlordx

Hey stefcha, couple of results already played:

Hegg 1 - 2 Joffocakes

Hegg 0 - 3 infexious

I'm still not sure if it's the right thing to do or not now it's actually happened, thoughts appreciated!

As it's so tight at the bottom (matron) changing how we handle non played games could alter who gets relegated. I think we should keep the rules we started this season with as it was made perfectly clear that unplayed games would be void.

Well I cant connect to GC Zombie or Infexious, hardly my fault.

I will be around on Sunday night for games :)

That's understandably going to be a problem. We were able to connect fine last time though so I'll try and catch you for our game. Will have to be tonight or early next week though, I can't do this weekend. I don't want any voided games, I completed 100% of my fixtures last time and want to achieve that again!

Well I cant connect to GC Zombie or Infexious, hardly my fault.

I will be around on Sunday night for games :lol:

Well, whatever problems they were having seem to be resolved but there didn't appear to be any attempt to retry those other games all week and it's too late now, which is more what I was getting at. Anyway, you're still around and that's all that really matters ;)

JLM 1 - 2 Hegg

Really close games, I was lucky to win a couple of rounds there. Great friendlies after, although too much Fuerte for my liking ;)

joffocaked 1 - Psyduck 2

all tight affairs, much closer than last time.

Edited to show the score the right way round!

Siiiiiith. We need to play our match! I don't want a void. :coffee:

I'm available this week. Name the evening and I'll try to keep it free!

waterisgood4you, sorry I couldn't get our match done last time. I invited you a bit later on but I think it was too late by then. Next time you see me on, give me a shout and I'll take my 3-0 drubbing. Same applies to Psyduck.

Stakers, not sure if you read this thread but apologies for not accepting the invite yesterday. Was in the middle of an intense Death Tank war and couldn't leave the battlefield. You know how it is. Will get some games in with you soon enough I'm sure.

Im free from 8.30 tonight if anyone is around.

Two things:

1) waterisgoof4you 3-0 JLM

A laggy horrible mess but I doubt the result would have changed anyway. I think our router spazzed out or something, sorry about that. Your Zangief is the most hateful opponent I've ever faced and I feel like smashing something every time I face you. I don't know what to do. :blah:

Fair enough though, your spacing, timing and overwhelming patience are far more than I can handle. Agh. Glad I'm done with my series of 3-0 losses to you. Well played.

2) Sith, I had a look and didn't see you on. :)

Just confirming result above. Yeah, was abit laggy despite having 4 bars :D

Was waiting around for you too Mr Sith but didn't see you around either.

I have been on for the past couple of days but seen no one online.

Im free all day/night Friday to

I might be around a bit tonight, but probably not. Saturday daytime is possible, sat night is a no. Sunday afternoon is possible again.

Next week Mon and Thurs nights are the ones I can do.

Edit: Whoops - just read this thread and realised I posted the wrong result for me vs joffocaked, it was 2-1 to me not him! I'll go edit the post above too.

First post updated now a week has passed to void outstanding games and set the counter going on the rest. Latest table:

premweek5.jpg

Hey stefcha, I won the game against JLM 2 - 1.

Sith, you're my last game. If you see me online send me a message, really don't want to void. Or pencil in a time, I can't play this weekend but any evening after.

I was online all night and not a single message, cant accuse me of not being around.

Sith I was online a few times yesterday and I never saw you at all, last looked about 10pm...you were definitely connected to live?

Psyduck bt Waterisgood4you

not quite sure what the score is - I forgot the rules and so got 2-0 up and then switched to "friendly mode" and changed character. I changed back to blanka for the 4th game and won it, but I don't know if water knew what I was up to. I'll let him confirm whether he wants to count it as 2-1 to me or 3-0, either is fine by me as it's my own stupid fault!

Sith I was online a few times yesterday and I never saw you at all, last looked about 10pm...you were definitely connected to live?

I was playing Fifa 10 at that time yes.

sith - can you be on today at all? If you let me know when I should be able to show up.

GC Zombie - GC Zombie 1 v 2 Psyduck - Psyduck

I'm a lot better against Blanka now than at the start of the season, but still not good enough to beat Psyduck.

I managed to land a few things that I've been working on just for this match up. The first being a better way to land my ultra after blocking Blanka's since the crouching middle kick method hadn't been working too consistently, I was pleased when the light green hand to ultra worked in a match after practising it loads in training mode. The second thing I'd been working on is a punish for your ex rainbow roll corner escape, I found that jumping medium headbutt beats it clean as long as I jump early enough, which I managed to do in one of the last rounds.

Good games.

Sorry Joffo, I didn't see your mesage until you had gone offline!

Psyduck, Infexious, please let me know when you want to do this.

Sith, you have been too hard to get hold of this season. Bit annoying because I have a chance against you and fully expect to lose my two remaining fixtures. That voided game might spell relegation for me. ;)

I don't imagine I'll enter next season even if I do stay up though, it seems like these leagues are always destined to have unplayed games and I enjoy playing a long series of matches against someone with mains and randoms mixed in more than I enjoy trying to nail down times when I can quickly get three games in without any practice. It's just not quite as fun unfortunately.

My hope is that SSFIV with lobbies will get people back in, and I look forward to whatever leagues/tournies take place there. Watching tournament finals or important league fixtures as part of a lobby, or at least seeing the replays etc. would make them a lot more appealing.

Many thanks for Stefcha for putting in the time and effort to organise this competition though. It has been fun and I'd like to play all of you again, it's just that this format is sucking some of the joy out of the game for me, purely because real life is always going to (quite rightly) take precedence over these fixtures.

Just want to say that I agree with everything JLM has said. Great playing with you all, and if anyone sees me online and wants to have a session I'm always willing.

I think Super will make all of this a lot more fun, can't wait.

Stefcha - truly amazing job, well done sir.

JLM I can do the weekend if you name a time.

Agree that it's all been slowing down - same with the inter-forum match. Bit of a shame but inevitable I guess with a number of other big games taking people's attentions away.

My thanks too to Stefcha for running it, much appreciated! Certainly hope to be joining in your leagues in future once ssf4 is out.

Belatedly updated to void matches. Will update the table with the couple of results when I install Excel, don't think they change the standings.

Regarding my fixture with waterisgood4you - he's confirmed via pm on xbl that the result should stand as 3-0 to me

GC Zombie - GC Zombie 2 v 1 Joffo_Cakes - Joffocaked

I love your all out attack playstyle, It's the same as mine, which means the rounds lasted about 15 seconds each :) One of us would strike first and take off half the others health, then the counter attack would even it out, leaving the final charge to see who would come out on top. It really could have gone either way.

Good friendlies afterwards too, Bison needs a nerf...