232 replies to this topic

#31 basetarded

basetarded
  • Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:58 PM

New(?) Trailer

http://uk.pc.ign.com...ideo_91809.html

That was very funny. As the telekinesis guy died, I immediately thought about the snorkel guy. And there he was. Attacking.

#32 Fenton

Fenton
  • Members
  • 6106 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:48 PM

There was a lot of talk in here about SoC and it's £3.50 on Steam at the moment.

#33 Moz

Moz
  • Supporters
  • 37194 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:06 PM

I'm assuming this'll take ten years to come out and be completely broken (but occasionally brilliant) when it finally hits.

#34 hanzo

hanzo
  • Members
  • 4545 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

I'm assuming this'll take ten years to come out and be completely broken (but occasionally brilliant) when it finally hits.

Word on the street is this is far more polished and refined than previous iterations. I'll believe it when I see it.

#35 Rudi von Starnberg

Rudi von Starnberg
  • Committee Member
  • 17272 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

Yeah, that's what I'm hearing too. Encouraging if it's true!

#36 BrerLappin

BrerLappin
  • Members
  • 6646 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:14 PM

Well its already out in russia, and is up for download in certain places. I havent downloaded it myself, but its tempting to seeing as how it wont be out here til next year and the ruskies already have their mitts on it

#37 hanzo

hanzo
  • Members
  • 4545 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:28 PM

The yarr'd Russian version has a rubbish English translation fix. It is meant to be complete jibberish and unintelligble, like all the text was just run through Babelfish or something. There's an updated fix that's meant to improve it in places, but from what I hear it's still fairly awful and amateurish, so I'd much rather wait for the real thing. ;)

#38 The Sarge

The Sarge
  • Members
  • 9035 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:00 AM

Benchmark tool released.

A 421MB benchmark tool for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (PC) is now available on FileShack, offering insight into how your system will cope with the post-apocalyptic trappings of GSC Game World's DirectX 11-enabled shooter-RPG.

The benchmark cycles through four stages--day, night, rain, and bright sun--with an online leaderboard allowing users to upload and compare their performance scores.

http://www.shacknews...article.x/61306
http://www.fileshack...ipyat Benchmark

#39 The Sarge

The Sarge
  • Members
  • 9035 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

Release date announced - February 2010.

http://news.filefron...-pripyat-dated/

smile.gif

#40 lem

lem
  • Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:18 AM

And again only released on PC! Why don't they release it on the 360 or PS3? They are losing out on so much money it's unreal with all the piracy that goes on in the PC scene..

#41 Rev

Rev
  • Members
  • 24289 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:14 AM

And spending less money not making other versions too.

#42 hanzo

hanzo
  • Members
  • 4545 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (lem @ Dec 11 2009, 03:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And again only released on PC! Why don't they release it on the 360 or PS3? They are losing out on so much money it's unreal with all the piracy that goes on in the PC scene..

I don't think so. The game is far too hardcore and unpolished to work well on consoles, I honestly don't think it would sell too hot either, given US xenophobia and so on. Different crowd. Anyway, once this one's done (this is the final one to reuse the original assets and codebase, right?) I'm pretty sure they will adapt the next proper STALKER games to console, as they'll have been built and designed with them in mind from the ground up etc.

#43 BrerLappin

BrerLappin
  • Members
  • 6646 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (The Sarge @ Dec 10 2009, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Release date announced - February 2010.

http://news.filefron...-pripyat-dated/

smile.gif

With this and Metro 2033 in the new year, its gonna be a bleak and depressing 2010 for me. Cant wait biggrin.gif

#44 The Sarge

The Sarge
  • Members
  • 9035 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

UK release date has been confirmed as Feb 5.

http://www.vg247.com...y-5-uk-release/

#45 The Sarge

The Sarge
  • Members
  • 9035 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:47 AM

Eurogamer Review

If you're a fan, this is basically what you've been waiting for - a fully functioning STALKER which combines the best aspects of Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky and polishes them to a slightly creaky charm.

Only the slight sensation of datedness prevents this from scoring higher, and no doubt once the mods start flowing the value for money will get even better. But there's plenty here to keep the faithful feeling extremely optimistic about the prospect of a proper sequel. And there's still nothing out there quite like STALKER.

http://www.eurogamer...-pripyat-review

#46 Moz

Moz
  • Supporters
  • 37194 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:21 AM

Oh god, another game to buy in Feb?!

I should finish the first one. I believe I'm stuck with no ammo cowering in a disused army base crawling with nasties at the moment.

#47 Wiper

Wiper
  • Committee Member
  • 15162 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:27 AM

I should finish the first one. I believe I'm stuck with no ammo cowering in a disused army base crawling with nasties at the moment.

So, like every other section of S.T.A.L.K.E.R then? :(

RPS also like it - sounds like a return to form :wub:

#48 BrerLappin

BrerLappin
  • Members
  • 6646 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:14 PM

GOD DOMMIT

Another flippin game i have to buy this month :angry:

#49 Simmy

Simmy
  • Supporters
  • 16192 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:42 PM

This was on sale today at Media Markt, wish I'd picked it up now!

#50 Fragmaster

Fragmaster
  • Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:05 AM

I had a little peek of this to check out the game world and so on, it certainly seems to be a hell of a lot more open than SoC/Clear Sky with a distinct lack of fences or huge overly steep hills.

Also from some of the feedback I have been reading on the GSC forum, they have completely overhauled the AI and quest system so it should have a lot more to do to boot.

Personally I deleted it after 20 minutes, I can't read Russian and the dodgy English translation is complete pants, I don't want to ruin what looks to be a fantastic game.

I have recently been playing through SoC with the L.U.R.K mod and it is great, I probably wouldn't recommend it to new players due to the amount of spawns it adds but its well worth checking out if you've played before.

#51 Garibaldi

Garibaldi
  • Members
  • 5076 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:26 AM

"Itís in the same X-Ray engine, which still looks fantastic, but seems even less optimised than before, and stutters and locks up in a way that previous games do not, on exactly the same PC."

Even less optimised? Is that actually possible? I love Stalker but GSC are just taking the piss now.

#52 Fragmaster

Fragmaster
  • Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:33 AM

Even less optimised? Is that actually possible? I love Stalker but GSC are just taking the piss now.

Well I was running it maxed on DX10 on a fairly mediocre PC with no problems, Pripyat is probably where you'd get problems if any but it is certainly runs a lot better than Clear Sky did when I got that at launch.

#53 chischis

chischis
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:47 AM

I'm very disappointed to see there isn't more talk of this game. I've been spending the last weeks enjoying Mass Effect 2 as well, yes, but that's no reason to ignore this wonderful game. All the problems with SHoC and Clear Sky have been fixed. The game has been totally reliable so far, and the story and quests are better told and developed than ever. The maps are massively improved over the old ones (think Army Warehouses more than the "wide corridors" of Cordon and Dark Valley), and it's "open world" from the start. Hats off to GSC.

Oh and the special edition comes with a map, 4 art cards, and a soundtrack CD with audio + MP3s. Nice touch. :angry:

#54 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik
  • Members
  • 18044 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:51 AM

I'm really interested in this game but I'm afraid that, yes, Mass Effect 2 is eating up all my gaming time. That and the AvP demo which means I will spend my heard-earned money on AvP instead of Call of Pripyat this month. And with the imminent release of Yakuza 3, Red Dead Redemption, Super SFIV, and Conviction it just means that I simply don't have the time to play this properly at the moment anyway :unsure:

Too many good games at once!

#55 daveodeth

daveodeth
  • Members
  • 6666 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:04 PM

Well it's ordered but no sign of it here, was hoping it'd tide me over till AvP and Bioshock 2.

#56 Mogget

Mogget
  • Members
  • 3433 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:50 PM

Anyone else having problems running it in Full Screen mode with DX10? It keeps loading in a small (640*480) window, and I can only solve it by switching to DX9 mode.

#57 U-1

U-1
  • Members
  • 9158 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:59 PM

Just ordered this.. was a toss up between this or Bioshock 2.. this won.

Loved the original and Clear Sky so im sure I'll get on well with it...looking forward to a third trip back into the Zone :unsure:

#58 Fragmaster

Fragmaster
  • Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:07 PM

Anyone else having problems running it in Full Screen mode with DX10? It keeps loading in a small (640*480) window, and I can only solve it by switching to DX9 mode.

It's been fine here. I picked it up from GAME this morning, they had a few copies in stock.

I have a 9800GT too, I've been running it on DX10 with max settings (apart from AA as it kills it for some reason) and it has been running well.

#59 daveodeth

daveodeth
  • Members
  • 6666 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:54 PM

Dear god this game has issues. If it's raining outside and your in the first safe area in the bar bit the framerate dies a death.

#60 Dave White

Dave White
  • Members
  • 12564 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:45 AM

I got this at the weekend, after being inspired seeing Alans amazing Chernobyl photos.

Only just started it but it has a great atmosphere, more verdicts later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users