• Announcements

• TehStu

iPhone users: please read this   02/10/16

The burger menu may be missing from the top right of the forum when viewing on an iPhone. Until resolved, here is the direct url to the login page.  
    • TehStu

ALL spoilers are currently visible   02/10/16

As posts have not yet been rebuilt, all spoilers are currently visible. If you're following something (film/game) and want to avoid spoilers, AVOID the relevant thread until the post rebuild is complete. I'll delete this announcement when it's done.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrerLappin

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Series (SoC/CS/CoP)

233 posts in this topic

So I have no idea why the resolution is as shit as it is but this is a video I made just now as something quite peculiar happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7zB3nthgeo

[quote name='VN1X' timestamp='1329232322' post='8441692']
So I have no idea why the resolution is as shit as it is but this is a video I made just now as something quite peculiar happened...

[/quote]

Missed the obvious joke of using disco inferno as the soundtrack! ;) I love when the AI spazzes out like that
Looks like whatever you video editing software you used rendered it in a 4:3 aspect ratio instead of widescreen hence the bizarre resolution

Made another video, this time in 720p and should be up in a few minutes.

STALKER is a bit good isn't it? :wub:

Err, so I just finished the game and that was it? "Give me... Immortality" and then nothing?

Aside from the absolute horrible level design of that particular last part is that seriously [i]the[/i] ending? And it was off to such a great start as well. :( Actually, the more I started doing 'hardcore' shooting the more I felt indifferent towards the game. I just can't believe they figured that'd be a good ending though lol. It just did not make any sense whatsoever.

[b]EDIT:[/b] Reading up on wiki I apparently did not unlock one of the true endings. Which I figured to be the case as the final level was just downright horrible. "Yeah so here are a few corridors of baddies for you to shoot through once you've persevered through that sheite press the use key".

[quote name='VN1X' timestamp='1330200817' post='8463030']
Err, so I just finished the game and that was it? "Give me... Immortality" and then nothing?

Aside from the absolute horrible level design of that particular last part is that seriously [i]the[/i] ending? And it was off to such a great start as well. :( Actually, the more I started doing 'hardcore' shooting the more I felt indifferent towards the game. I just can't believe they figured that'd be a good ending though lol. It just did not make any sense whatsoever.

[b]EDIT:[/b] Reading up on wiki I apparently did not unlock one of the true endings. Which I figured to be the case as the final level was just downright horrible. "Yeah so here are a few corridors of baddies for you to shoot through once you've persevered through that sheite press the use key".
[/quote]

Last level is a bit shit alright, too action focussed. But yeah you missed out on the true ending alright. Theres a whole other level, but its also quite action packed.

Right, i'm about to grab this from STEAM.

Will I have any trouble running it on:

Quad core 2.4ghz
3GB RAM
Radeon HD 4850
W7-64 bit

[quote name='Smitty' timestamp='1330713810' post='8475676']
Right, i'm about to grab this from STEAM.

Will I have any trouble running it on:

Quad core 2.4ghz
3GB RAM
Radeon HD 4850
W7-64 bit
[/quote]

That's almost identical to my rig. Don't crank up the texture detail above about 50% (if you use the mods) and you'll be fine, sailing about at 60fps.

[quote name='Spacehost' timestamp='1330714066' post='8475686']
That's almost identical to my rig. Don't crank up the texture detail above about 50% (if you use the mods) and you'll be fine, sailing about at 60fps.
[/quote]

Cool. Just watching some videos - looks amazing.

Ah, I wish I could play these again for the first time. Easily amongst the most atmospheric games ever, and terrifying to boot.

Enjoy Smitty!

I never did play this properly (just a few missions near camp) but I'm determined to give it a bit of time in the coming week before ME3 hits.

I'm constantly surprised at how good it looks. I've got the 'complete' mod installed, and it looks great. Even some of the newer games that look fantastic for the most part (Skyrim, I'm looking at you) have immersion shattering graphical artefacts (Skyrim, your blocky and flickering shadows are annoying!) or style choices. But even though it's getting on a bit now, STALKER just looks really believable. Kudos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq47T48u8Zo&hd=1

Imagine the fucking potential if they kept everything aside from the teen slashing stuff. :(

I finished the first stalker game when it came out and I enjoyed it a lot more as it progressed but I thought it was odd having the game get easier as it progressed but it was a fun game with great atmosphere. I have had clear sky and call of pripyat on steam for ages since the steam sale but not really played them so have installed the mods and will give them a play through. I will go for Pripyat first and then back to clear sky as people say it's the weakest of the series.
Nice to be able to run everything on max details, below is a before and after of the complete mod, I notice bigger differences when inside buildings but not played fully yet. On we go!

before
[img]http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy176/The-Plethora/2012-03-20_00001.jpg[/img]

after
[img]http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy176/The-Plethora/2012-03-20_00004.jpg[/img]

Just installing COP, and downloading the Complete mod :)

Edit, nice so far, playing it on Veteran and its fucking hard though!

Bit gutted that CoP just doesn't seem to like my system for some reason, my PC's old now but the original game played fine on a less powerful GPU and the visuals don't look a huge jump from what I've seen. There are [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oE9SzFmqVc"]Youtube videos with almost identical specs [/url]showing the game maxed out and reasonably smooth so fuck knows. Is there some magic Catalyst setting the game needs to run well?

Even with absolutely everything as low as possible (bar resolution, but I'm only playing on a 720p TV) it proper chugs, either vanilla or complete :(

[quote name='Rsdio' timestamp='1354469481' post='8975823']
Bit gutted that CoP just doesn't seem to like my system for some reason, my PC's old now but the original game played fine on a less powerful GPU and the visuals don't look a huge jump from what I've seen. There are [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oE9SzFmqVc"]Youtube videos with almost identical specs [/url]showing the game maxed out and reasonably smooth so fuck knows. Is there some magic Catalyst setting the game needs to run well?

Even with absolutely everything as low as possible (bar resolution, but I'm only playing on a 720p TV) it proper chugs, either vanilla or complete :(
[/quote]

Turn off dynamic lighting. They may look similar but COPs requirements are a league ahead of SoCs because of the dynamic lighting, which is actually bloody incredible looking at times.

[quote name='Rsdio' timestamp='1354482944' post='8976120']
Thanks, but that fell under 'everything as low as possible' unfortunately :(
[/quote]

Ah ok. Are you running the DX10 version? Make sure the DX11 stuff is off too.

Runs with everything maxed out at 70+ fps for me. But it does stutter every now and again, loading i suspect, maybe i should have put it on my SSD.

Sneaking was working out pretty well for me till I got stuffed into a tunnel full of mutants with only one exit. Bastard game!

[quote name='Strategos' timestamp='1354485516' post='8976185']
Runs with everything maxed out at 70+ fps for me. But it does stutter every now and again, loading i suspect, maybe i should have put it on my SSD.

Sneaking was working out pretty well for me till I got stuffed into a tunnel full of mutants with only one exit. Bastard game!
[/quote]

Theres always those split second pauses in the game sadly, its weird.

Im enjoying this, though I don't feel like it has the atmosphere of the original. One thing is clear if someone made a game like DayZ set in the STALKER universe it would be just about the best thing ever.

oooh [url="http://www.cinemablend.com/games/STALKER-Online-MMO-Heads-Beta-39008.html"]http://www.cinemable...Beta-39008.html[/url]

double ooh

http://europe.forum.stalker-online.so/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=7194&lng=en

Im downloading the STALKER online public beta now!? wtf how did I not know about this!?

CoP has atmosphere in buckets, wait til you get past the starting area. It really gets good. Id heard about that stalker online thing (some polish dude on my steam friends keeps pestering me about it every few weeks!) but figured its be shit so didnt bother