Blue

Take A Pic Of Your Dinner!

3,221 posts in this topic

Thanks. :)

It was just fried in a pan with butter and the juice from half a lemon. I warmed through the (pre-cooked) shrimp in the same pan once the sea bass was done. The samphire was lightly blanched in another pan with just a splash of water.

Dead simple and 10 mins tops cooking time.

cool, cheers- going to nick that one and try it Saturday

Before:

IMG_20120617_182315.jpg

After:

IMG_20120617_190059.jpg

Pretty obvious, but fried the mushrooms and onions in the bacon fat from sandwiches made that morning, and covered the home made wedges in oil and pepper and garlic seasoning. It were fookn greet, I tells thee. BBQ sauce was Jack Daniels original. I have some smokey buy not sure what it's like and didn't want to ruin it.

I fucking love a good BBQ chicken. You have well earned your +1!

How long did you oven bake (?) it for?

First thing I've ever really made from scratch I guess and first post in here.

Thai salmon

salmon.jpg

My wife surprised me with one of her specialities for dinner tonight:

27091310151026584167559.jpg

I fucking love a good BBQ chicken. You have well earned your +1!

How long did you oven bake (?) it for?

25 minutes then 5 more once you've put the bbq and cheese on for the chicken. The bacon is done but not as done as some people like but the chicken doesn't dry out. I could try doing it longer, I've only made it a couple of times.

So posh they eat off a piano.

:lol: That's my garden table, you wiener :P

Chipotle pork with sweet potato mash and salsa salad

7441855956_34c33dbd24_b.jpg

Sweet potato, spinach, garlic and onion omelette

7441874112_a06c490558_b.jpg

Brotein fix disguised as family lunch suitable for all. Just having to pace myself so I don't get bored of them :)

I think there was a small potato sliced thinly and thrown in as well. Mushrooms go in if they are present.

It was literally just a big pre packaged cut of premarinated pork for £6 which I (re)marinated in some chipotle salsa hot sauce I have, seasoned it with some salt and pepper and possibly paprika I can't remember and then I shoved the whole thing into the frying pan, adding oil as it disappeared. It was quite messy and eventually instead of finishing in the oven I sliced it and then seared again to get the meat cooked inside. Then added sauce to taste, as everything I make has to be pretty mild so we can all eat it.

Medium rare popeseye steak, simple salad with olive oil, honey, sushi vinegar and S&P dressing, Gouda, cream cheese-stuffed cherry peppers and boiled new potatoes. Was nice and zingy.

post-3597-0-46464000-1340913355.jpg

This is my go at moosegrinder's BBQ chicken. I had it on a bed of cheesy mash instead of with wedges, as my girlfriend wanted sausage and mash so it was easier to cook both meals that way.

img0851za.jpg

It was lovely but the bacon got a bit tough. I think that's because it was defrosted before cooking though - fresh bacon I reckon would fare better.

Aye, I reckon so. I used streaky for the missuses because she prefers that, fresh is deffo better.

Cheesy mash sounds fucking genius though, spesh with some garlic and herbs in it. Oh fuck, now I'm salivating.

I put some ground garlic and mixed herbs between the bacon and chicken. :) Gave a nice zing outside of the BBQ sauce.

Some meals from the weekend.

Pork ribs with a spicy, sticky glaze (cayenne, Tabasco, honey, brown sugar, ketchup, bbq sauce)

post-5340-0-53788900-1341221107_thumb.jp

Trout fillets with ratatouille

post-5340-0-78838200-1341221091_thumb.jp

5-hour roasted breast of lamb with cous cous, leftover ratatouille with green beans, garlic mushrooms, and olives.

post-5340-0-06617300-1341221099_thumb.jp

I had some burgers left over from the weekend, so I cooked them up tonight in as healthy way as I could manage. Gem lettuce, homemade kimchi, diced olive and tomato, a fried quail's egg, and then the burger.

7488932024_1cd9e0cf60_z.jpg

Sounds great, Craster. Tonight we had roast sirloin of beef, nice roasted chantenay carrots, portobello mushrooms and parsnips.

post-3597-0-72075700-1341261576.jpg

Burgers at the weekend, potato roll and food processor ground steak. Works really well.

post-2197-0-50646200-1341401710_thumb.jp

post-13954-0-85407100-1341602690_thumb.j

Cross post from the Paleo thread but I made this tonight. I could eat it all over again, it was yummy!

Only managed to grab some corned beef for lunch so had to have about a pound of very slow roasted pork shoulder, big piece of crackling, and huge pile of Spring greens, roast carrots and parsnips for dinner. I don't even know what Spring greens are but they were great.

post-3597-0-97183600-1341771555.jpg