Blue

Take A Pic Of Your Dinner!

3,222 posts in this topic

The quality of that beef looks amazing, and you even served it with a great beer.

I've no idea how long exactly, just cooked it until it was brown in the middle. I've always had my steaks well done but I think I'm going to experiment a bit with how much they're cooked.

Try getting the pan really hot, rubbing some oil on each side of the steak, and frying it for a minute and a half on each side (less for a thinner steak, more for a thicker one). Take it out for the pan and leave it to rest under some loosely wrapped tin foil for about 2-5 mins.

Personally I like a steak medium-rare with a nice charred outside which you'll get from searing it in a very hot pan.

The trick is to see how that turns out, and adjust your timing for next time.

The quality of that beef looks amazing, and you even served it with a great beer.

Indeed. The beer was Excellent.

Gorgeous looking piece of meat.

Despite my expectations, I was surprised at quite how tender and juicy it was.

Nommmmmm Do you have a recipe please :)

Suggestions welcome, I don't measure but it went something like this.

For the chicken marinade I put in a blender.

Lots of tomatoes

1/2 Lime Juice

Two garlic gloves

Handful of fresh coriander

Salt and Pepper

Dried oregano

Ground paprika, coriander, cayenne (at a guess, teaspoon of paprika and half teaspoon of coriander and cayenne)

2 Chipotles

1/2 White Onion

Dash of olive oil

Blend this up and then poor it over 3 whole chicken breasts, cover with foil and ideally marinate overnight in the fridge. Bake 150C for about 50 mins, then remove the foil and shred the chicken, it'll be very watery so put it back in the oven shredded and uncovered for another 10-15, just to dehydrate it.

The salsa's pretty much the same thing, chop a few tomatoes and remove the seeds. Add the other half of lime juice, half a copped red onion, salt and pepper, 1 red chilli (no seeds), handful of fresh coriander finely chopped, 1 clove of garlic, dash of olive oil. Give it at least 30 mins in the fridge to gel.

Try getting the pan really hot, rubbing some oil on each side of the steak, and frying it for a minute and a half on each side (less for a thinner steak, more for a thicker one). Take it out for the pan and leave it to rest under some loosely wrapped tin foil for about 2-5 mins.

Personally I like a steak medium-rare with a nice charred outside which you'll get from searing it in a very hot pan.

The trick is to see how that turns out, and adjust your timing for next time.

Do this, but make sure you use vegetable oil, not olive oil because it will smoke before it gets hot enough for your steak!

I'm doing chicken and chorizo with beans in the slow cooker for tonight. Just waiting for it to get up to cooking temperature, should be good.

2012-06-09134532.jpg

It's coming along nicely, but I need to get rid of some liquid. The lid is coming off and I'll just have to scrub the tiles off afterwards

2012-06-09195416.jpg

When I stirred it, the chicken was falling off the bone, so I dragged it all off. Really nice A++++++++++ would cook again.

2012-06-09213611.jpg

Kedgereeeeeeee! Not had it for ages, but I was reminded by the hairy bikers cooked it on the telly last week.

2012-06-10143432.jpg

In real life it was in focus though :-)

Are you ready then.

Drumroll please.

I made Ham, Egg and Chips.

Chips made in tefal actifry, Maris Pipers with a little oil coocked for 40 minutes. I home boiled the gammon ham joint for 8 hours until the meat, well, you can just see from the picture. The egg was a supermarket bought one but fried in my german engineered frying pan.

It tasted as good as it looks.

So, does whoever negged my pic want to explain why? There I was enjoying a lovely +1 and someone, somehow finds something negworthy about my picture.

Come on, tell me why or forever remain a spineless cunt.

So, does whoever negged my pic want to explain why? There I was enjoying a lovely +1 and someone, somehow finds something negworthy about my picture.

Come on, tell me why or forever remain a spineless cunt.

It's on +1? :huh:

I gave it a plus, but to my mind despite what it's constituent parts are, that's not ham, egg, and chips. I'm sure it was delicious, but it's a principle thing!

I gave it a plus, but to my mind despite what it's constituent parts are, that's not ham, egg, and chips. I'm sure it was delicious, but it's a principle thing!

What's your interpretation then? Personally I think that H,E,&C should have a grilled gammon steak.

Sea Bass and Brown Shrimp in lemon butter, served with wild samphire.

367587ed.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Love those little brown shrimpies!