Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Asura

Street Fighter IV Thread - Xbox Live

116 posts in this topic

Just posting everyone to say this:

[size=5][color="#FF0000"]Group gamertag "RllmukSFIV" is now open for business.[/color]
Get your friend requests in![/size]

EDIT: And "ROGUE STAR" gets the cookie for first friend request!
========================
[size=5]To everyone posting their gamertag:[/size]

When I made the thread, I hadn't anticipated just how much of an arse about it is to add a large number of people to a friends list in one go.

Can everyone please send a request to the RllmukSFIV gamertag, THEN post in the thread? It cuts down on the work.
========================
Following the pretty good success of our Street Fighter II HD Remix nights (well, when Live hasn't been acting up) I thought I'd try and arrange a league for Street Fighter IV when it gets released.

The plan would be to take down everyone's names, and plot everyone out on a grid. Everyone will play 2 matches against everyone else, probably at a rate of two matches a week, in an order determined from pulling names out of a hat.

What format the games would take will be decided later; we'll probably do something like first to three games with the default number of rounds. Each person would be allowed to defer the time of a certain number of games to the following week, or until a later time if they're going on holiday or something. A win will net 3 points, a loss will net 0, and a draw will net 1 (though rare I suppose it's possible).

Street Fighter IV gets released on February 20th, 2009, so we'd probably start the tournament proper on March 13th 2009, in order to give people a little time to get up to speed.

So if you want to take part, please post in this thread, and I'll start making a list. Post your name and gamertag; I know that many of you are already on my and the RLLMUKSSF2HDR friends lists, but it'll save me digging around.

Also, the more the merrier - if anyone here is senior on NTSC-UK, if you could ask there too, that'd be great.

I'm in, prepare to feel the wrath of the official tournament fightstick I've waiting to preorder :angry:

[quote name='Morrius' post='5763935' date='Jan 15 2009, 10:41 AM']I'm in, prepare to feel the wrath of the official tournament fightstick I've waiting to preorder :D[/quote]

Sold out already I think.

I'm in there like swimwear. The league thing not the stick. Like fuck am I paying £120 for a controller, but each to their own I suppose.

I will totally play in this league if there's room.

You might want to look at [url="http://www.evo2k.com/playerGuide/gamerules.php"]the EVO rules[/url]. SF tournaments are normally 2 out of 3 games, each game set to 3 rounds. You can change character between games.

Bit offtopic this, so apologies but: What happened to your old rllmuk account? I'm sure I remember seeing you about in the Halo folder...