Goose

Dredd 3D

2,212 posts in this topic

Fair enough anderson is supposed to be relatively more....human, but in that last still she looks like she's about to cry ffs.

New photo's look OK. I'm not too worried about the helmet's looking exactly right or anything, I just hope it's a decent movie with a good story and interesting action scenes that does the Dredd comic strip justice. It's encouraging that John Wagner has been involved and maybe the lower budget will mean they don't water it down like they did with the Stallone one, which had awesome sets and costumes but also Rob Schneider!

I think that one of the (many) thinks that the stallone movie got right was the costumes. They looked right to me, particularly on Hershey :wub: . Werent they designed by Versace?

I liked Assante as the villain, shame about Schneider and Chen who were both awful. The film pretty much ended Cannon's career as a movie director and I think its fare to say he got the gig too early.

I think that one of the (many) thinks that the stallone movie got right was the costumes. They looked right to me, particularly on Hershey :wub: . Werent they designed by Versace?

I liked Assante as the villain, shame about Schneider and Chen who were both awful. The film pretty much ended Cannon's career as a movie director and I think its fare to say he got the gig too early.

Yeah I think it was Versace who did the Judge's costumes. I'll still watch it if it's on TV, but it was just had a really poor story and the action scenes were terrible. Here's hoping the new one is better in those departments at least.

dredd1.jpg

tumblr_lk9idpKkHB1qcf9q6o1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1328695387&Signature=NbnACh5Le3btTIrflEEHeKJEOts%3D

I'm surprised so many aren't liking the helmet. It's pretty clearly the 1979 look, from the helmet right down to the collar of the uniform. To my eyes, anyway.

I think the new movie outfit looks great. Really captures the look and feel of the very early strips in my opinion.

Goes to show. there is Carlos Ezquerra, then Bolland, then all the others. Apart from whoever did 1992, who I hated at the time, and, it appears, still do.

You having a laugh. Ron Smith, McMahon not a mention. Cam Kennedy all the above drew great Dredd. In fact I'd go as far as saying McMahon and Smith are up there or surpass Bolland.

You having a laugh. Ron Smith, McMahon not a mention. Cam Kennedy all the above drew great Dredd. In fact I'd go as far as saying McMahon and Smith are up there or surpass Bolland.

Ron Smith definitely! I've read the Collections of his strips since I was tiny.

Bolland, Smith and Robinson are the unholy Dredd trinity.

Jock and Henry Flint come to mind as more recent excellent Dredd artists.

Bolland, Esquerra and Mcmahon get most of the kudos, but I'd rate early Steve Dillon as one of the best; Cry of the Werewolf, City of the Damned, bits of Block Mania etc; all classic gritty, dramatic work.

Respectfully following the template set by the uni-phiz spaniard. Also, even though Judge Death Lives is probably the best black and white arttwork ever to grace Dredd, I always thought Bolland's depiction of MC1 was a bit limp.

But he can only do one face!

Quoted for truth. Granted my chick magnet net handle may be related to a Dillon drawn character. But I love hypocrisy.

tumblr_lk9idpKkHB1qcf9q6o1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1328695387&Signature=NbnACh5Le3btTIrflEEHeKJEOts%3D

What the hell happened in 2007?

Anyway, 1983 is clearly the best.

I'll give you Ron Smith. never really rated Cam Kennedy's dredd stuff (though like his other stuff).

But I'll always have Ezquerra as my number one.

What the hell happened in 2007?

Anyway, 1983 is clearly the best.

That looks like Frank Quitely's style. He has a pretty liberal attitude to human anatomy.

Some brief footage has cropped up. Spoiler alert if you haven't seen the leaked script.

tumblr_lz0g8ua2Y91qafqw8o1_500.gif

it's a magnum force knock-off! the judge dredd/dirty harry comparison circle is complete!

Wow, talk about the long arm of The Law...

:lol:

I can't look at that gif now without imagining the arm coming from Dredd.

Oh dear. That was a bit lame.

It is a bit but tbh what else were we expecting? It was always going to be 'batman voice' for Dredd as few directors/actors would be confident enough to try anything else, especially given how this is a low-budget production and under intense scrutiny ( by fans, at least ). Dredd certainly shouldn't have a high voice ( though the comedy is tempting ) but he doesn't necessarily need to have an 'Eastwood' growl either, it's a shame they haven't challenged that.

Though of course all this analysation is based on three words. :lol: