The MUK Raiding Topic

• Please log in to reply
9123 replies to this topic

#61 weeksjh

weeksjh
  • Members
  • 1157 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:21 AM

I just signed. I'm still level 79 at the moment, but I should be 80 by Sunday.

#62 Moostapha

Moostapha
  • Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:34 PM

Garrus/Moo - I guess ideally you guys needs to be one tank and one dps? So who has the best tank gear? Who is uncrittable?

I'm sitting at 22.5k ish health, uncrittable and with a few bits of pure mitigation on my gear as well as defence. Armory is fairly up to date, but missing my bindings of dark will.

I might, however, have just been robbed of my sunday night. I'll let you know soon.

#63 Fneeb

Fneeb
  • Members
  • 1253 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:57 PM

Aye, Moo is well ahead of me gear wise for tanking. Not uncrittable yet but I'm looking at getting some BS stuff crafted which should help just in case.

#64 Moostapha

Moostapha
  • Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:24 PM

No go for Sunday :P

Defo for Monday though

#65 sammy

sammy
  • Supporters
  • 2432 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:26 PM

I can do Sunday but not Monday :P

#66 MotiVater

MotiVater
  • Members
  • 5693 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:18 AM

Draft done for Sun, Mon looks like a no-go so put one up for Tue to see if we can get in again before reset.

#67 Jonny5

Jonny5
  • Supporters
  • 11121 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:25 AM

Good luck and have fun on Sunday. I'm absolutely gutted not to be able to come along for the ride this time.

#68 Sergeant Squid

Sergeant Squid
  • Members
  • 6086 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:56 AM

Well do some kind of 'THIS ONE'S FOR CHOC!' battle cry as we take on Kel'Thuzad for ya dude :lol:

#69 Nimmel

Nimmel
  • Members
  • 7538 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:25 PM

Just a quick reminder of the Muk looting rules, as towards the end of TBC it was a bit of a bun fight and they might not be so clear to newer members:

1) We don't Master Loot in 10 mans as we trust our members.
2) Main specs over off-specs.
3) If you've won something from a need roll on a run, then you will pass on other gear you want that drops to your guild members until everyone has something then the cycle starts again.
4) Tier tokens, we want to avoid someone having full tier 7 after one run whilst someone else has nothing. It's likely that if you win a tier token that will be it for that week but we will have to play this by ear a little.
5) To make things simple if you don't want the gear please PASS on it, this makes it easier for any disenchanters on the run as they can just greed.

#70 df0

df0
  • Supporters
  • 7885 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:25 PM

If I do not find the time to wish you the best of luck before Naxx starts, let me just say this now: good luck!

And like Choc I am gutted :lol:

#71 Alask

Alask
  • Members
  • 6420 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:55 PM

RARRRR!!!

#72 Alask

Alask
  • Members
  • 6420 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:59 PM

How pro are we planning on being tonight btw, flasking up and stuff or just bobbing in and seeing what happens?

#73 MotiVater

MotiVater
  • Members
  • 5693 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:02 PM

Let's all make an effort :lol:

#74 scruffycat

scruffycat
  • Supporters
  • 7366 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:08 AM

Well....

That was a load of fun to be honest, tough but 'NEW' and interesting to boot. With really decent gear though at least the 25% (+10 for Rad) bit of it we did should be do-able enough. Enjoyed it a lot.

#75 Sergeant Squid

Sergeant Squid
  • Members
  • 6086 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:29 AM

Yeah, great fun. Really fun instance, don't see it getting old any time soon tbh. Grats to all who got loot (including me :wub:). Shame about it not giving rep :)

#76 Soo Denim

Soo Denim
  • Members
  • 3135 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:33 AM

come on then need to hear stories of adventure?

Am off work from Friday so hope to be up with the big level 80 boys and girls some time next week.

J

#77 Sergeant Squid

Sergeant Squid
  • Members
  • 6086 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:39 AM

Stories of adventure? Ok.

First a lovely pic of our fearless leader, Moteva. Nice specs, man. Nice specs. And the bumfluff on the chin doesn't make you look gay at all! :)

Posted Image

The first boss, Anub'Rekhan, really was aNUB. Ahaha. See what I did there? However, trying to get Muk to pose for a screenshot is no easy task. We had Mot facing the wrong way and Zenth running round like a retard on crack. Good job, gang!

Posted Image

The second boss, Grand Widow Faerlina, went down quicker than a cheap hooker (on the 3rd try anyway). As you can see even less turned up for the photo this time and Nugg was even pulling a funny face. There's always one! Or is that his normal face? :lol:

Posted Image

The third boss, Maexxna, was a little sticky for a while (another pun there folks), but we soon bested her! Unfortunately I was too busy trying to stop Snap from dying to get a screenie since the ranged classes that were *supposed* to be doing that had gone /afk as soon as the boss died (you know who I'm talking about!). Hmm. Both of them went afk at the same time. Is there a little office romance in bloom? :P

That was the spider wing done and dusted of cobwebs so we decided to head into the Military Quarter and see what was going down. Turned out to be Instructor Razuvious who we got on our 2nd try. He was very easy, really! Again no screenshot although this time I have no excuse other than 'I forgot'. Sorry! To make up for it, here is a screenshot of a real live Murloc!

Posted Image

Hooray for Muk!

#78 Fenton

Fenton
  • Members
  • 6106 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:46 AM

Ace. :lol:

#79 Soo Denim

Soo Denim
  • Members
  • 3135 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:33 PM

Now thats what I'm talking about :-0

Need more stories of ADVENTURE

Oh and hurry up and level jingo I miss the silly dancing freak!

#80 Sergeant Squid

Sergeant Squid
  • Members
  • 6086 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:46 PM

Jingo is getting levelled last. Lansellius isn't getting levelled at all. Mumps is next, gone prot (omg!) and thoroughly enjoying shield slamming stuff in the face whilst shouting POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER!

#81 df0

df0
  • Supporters
  • 7885 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:56 PM

Good to hear you lot enjoyed it :lol: Nice to know we can 'easily' clear Naxx, should give us hope for other higher end raids :)

Any links to phat lewt?

#82 scruffycat

scruffycat
  • Supporters
  • 7366 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:41 PM

....Nice to know we can 'easily' clear Naxx, should give us hope for other higher end raids :D

Well I don't know about that so much, it might get a lot harder later on (Though truth be told I don't think it will get massively worse) Considering the gear level people are at, once people really start gearing up from there it will make life much easier

#83 Sergeant Squid

Sergeant Squid
  • Members
  • 6086 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:58 PM

I wouldn't say it was 'easy' just because we got 4 bosses down tbh. A lot of us worked hard to prepare for it, so that obviously helped.

#84 df0

df0
  • Supporters
  • 7885 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:06 PM

I wouldn't say it was 'easy' just because we got 4 bosses down tbh. A lot of us worked hard to prepare for it, so that obviously helped.

It took us 4 weeks to kill Moroes :D

Mind, by 'easy' I do not mean you lot just walked in, did some damage and won. By easy I mean you lot prepared and killed 4 bosses. All that ZA bear run experience paid off :)

#85 Jonny5

Jonny5
  • Supporters
  • 11121 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:24 PM

Was anyone logging stats? The data nerd in me would like to see what's going on.

#86 scruffycat

scruffycat
  • Supporters
  • 7366 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:22 PM

It took us 4 weeks to kill Moroes :D

Mind, by 'easy' I do not mean you lot just walked in, did some damage and won. By easy I mean you lot prepared and killed 4 bosses. All that ZA bear run experience paid off :)

I didn't go into Kara until it was long cleared so I can't really comment on the difficulties you faced, but I will say that it is much much better than ZA. It's way more rewarding, the fights are more interesting and even if you wipe at a boss say two or three times, you never feel fustrated by it to be honest. There is always a feeling of, 'ok we know the tactics now, we can do this'. Whereas ZA always felt like a gear block in places, like banging your head against a brick wall.

I loved it tbh.

#87 Alask

Alask
  • Members
  • 6420 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:21 PM

Posted Image

You can see my mojo in that shot. Sheer unmitigated Orc mojo.

#88 kitten

kitten
  • Members
  • 4396 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:46 PM

Is that legal?

Sounds like you guys had a good time, anyway - congratulations. ^_^

#89 scruffycat

scruffycat
  • Supporters
  • 7366 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:29 PM

Is that legal?

It isn't legal no, but then you can't keep a good Mojo down, and Alask certainly can't.

We live with it.

#90 Jonny5

Jonny5
  • Supporters
  • 11121 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:49 AM

Did you go back last night?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users