Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rockstarjez

The Avengers - Third Biggest Film of All Time

2053 posts in this topic

Whedon :angry:

He writes good dialogue but can't plan a story arc for shit. All his plot is lazy and his design stuff, the enemies and weapons, is all fucking awful.

[quote name='moosegrinder' post='6970681' date='Apr 13 2010, 10:49 PM']You read his run on Astonishing X-Men? It's by far one of the best runs in the last 10 years even if they did ressurect Collosus.[/quote]

Epic wrongness there. All the bits where they're talking are excellent, any idea of a plot is convoluted beyond comprehension. Read the first issue, the last few pages where he tries to run three separate conversations is a fucking mess.

He deserves to be fucking hung for ressurecting colossus as well. And putting them back in costume. And basically undoing everything Grant Morrison had been doing to the series for two years while he immesurably improved it. Have you read Grant Morrisons new X-Men? Because that actually is the best X-Men run of the last ten years.

Colossus would have been resurrected sooner than later, and besides it was a good run for the most part and definately reminded me how good it once was. Though I stopped reading X-men around the time of AoA anyway and Astonishing was a nice title which didn't feel like the most part needing any heavy knowledge. I have to say Morrison's run was what brought me back and love X-men again but I lose track recently however, Second Coming is quite good I think.

[quote name='Broker' post='6972293' date='Apr 14 2010, 01:00 PM']Whedon :angry:

He writes good dialogue but can't plan a story arc for shit. All his plot is lazy and his design stuff, the enemies and weapons, is all fucking awful.

Epic wrongness there. All the bits where they're talking are excellent, any idea of a plot is convoluted beyond comprehension. Read the first issue, the last few pages where he tries to run three separate conversations is a fucking mess.

He deserves to be fucking hung for ressurecting colossus as well. And putting them back in costume. And basically undoing everything Grant Morrison had been doing to the series for two years while he immesurably improved it. Have you read Grant Morrisons new X-Men? Because that actually is the best X-Men run of the last ten years.[/quote]

ONE of the best, the x-titles were running on fucking empty before Morrisons run.

Only thing I didn't enjoy about Whedon's arc was the whole Space thing, still the last issue with Kitty was blinding.

[quote name='Tofu' post='6972469' date='Apr 14 2010, 01:43 PM']Only thing I didn't enjoy about Whedon's arc was the whole Space thing, still the last issue with Kitty was blinding.[/quote]
I thought the "space thing" was the point where it became absolutely amazing, especially after the rather meh third arc with the Hellfire Club.

"What other lies have you told?" :lol:

Well never was a fan of X-men in space i.e Starjammers but I love the Brood and again final issue with Kitty was pure win. I rather we hear more about Dr Horrible than this to be honest but he be great writing Stark and Thor.

Jeremy Renner has been linked with the role of Hawkeye for months now but it looks like they are closing in on a deal.

[url="http://www.collider.com/2010/06/03/the-avengers-jeremy-renner-hawkeye-joss-whedon-robert-downey-jr/"]http://www.collider.com/2010/06/03/the-ave...bert-downey-jr/[/url]

I'm still undecided about the casting of Chris Hemsworth and Evans in the roles of Thor and Captain America but Renner would be perfect casting.

Presumably they're casting third rung actors as Thor and the Captain because they already have to pay for Robert Downey Jnr, Samuel L Jackson and Ed Norton.

Considering the images they had to work with this fan made poster isn't too bad.

[img]http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/zz6b33b815.jpg[/img]

[quote name='lordcookie' post='7124616' date='Jun 4 2010, 03:59 PM']Considering the images they had to work with this fan made poster isn't too bad.[/quote]

[quote]Awesome Avengers pic[/quote]

That is great.

That poster is so close to being cool but the composition irks me. Cap looks like a shortarse and Hulk should tower above them even more. He looks like he's either knelling or squatting to take a Hulk shit.

[quote name='75DPI' post='7124697' date='Jun 4 2010, 04:27 PM']I thought they were getting Sawyer from Lost as Hawkeye?, can't see him as Antman the other role apparently going too.[/quote]

I think that was only a rumour, which is a relief because Josh Holloway is definitely no Hank Pym / Ant-Man.

Yep he make a decent Hawkeye if he did, however, he's the perfect Gambit in X-men. Hell he be amazing in Dark Tower if they ever get that made.

[quote name='Broker' post='7125015' date='Jun 4 2010, 06:26 PM']He'd make a decent Hawkeye though[/quote]

Yeah, especially if they went for the more jocular, charming Hawkeye. Not so sure he could pull off 'family-been-slain' Hawkeye though.

Continuing my run of posting Joe Mad images in Marvel movie threads, I want the Avengers movie to be as much as possible like this:

[img]http://www.8-bit.eu/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/madureira-hulk.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Broker' post='7125072' date='Jun 4 2010, 06:49 PM']Continuing my run of posting Joe Mad images in Marvel movie threads, I want the Avengers movie to be as much as possible like this:

[img]http://www.8-bit.eu/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/madureira-hulk.jpg[/img][/quote]

A dog with a sausage in its mouth? Thats what I'm seeing.

[quote name='Smitty' post='7126745' date='Jun 5 2010, 02:35 PM']I really don't buy that Thor costume at all.[/quote]

Once it goes through post production it be amazing I guess, its pretty faithful to the comic version.

[quote name='75DPI' post='7126751' date='Jun 5 2010, 01:38 PM']Once it goes through post production it be amazing I guess, its pretty faithful to the comic version.[/quote]

Not as I recall it.

As remarked on AICN (the talkback for the Thor reveal is HILARIOUS), it looks like Thor 2099.

If you're referring to the Walt Simpson era Thor then that will never work, the updated version seen here is similar to the current costume and is pretty much well liked across the comic community.