• Announcements

• Graham_S

Saturday! London! Drinks! Retro games! Join us!   20/07/16

You are cordially invited to drinks and a little retro-gaming this Saturday afternoon. I need a few of you there to help keep Rllmuk afloat for another year, so if you can possibly join us, please do.    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nate Dogg III

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

130 posts in this topic

Also this may not be to everyone's tastes, but I am really liking this cover of Skinny Love, I definitely wasn't that talented at the age of 14:

I adore the cover. It's not as good as the original, but it doesn't put it to shame. Can't believe she's so young.

Have a +1 :)

I wasn't greatly taken with Calgary at first, but after a few listens, and now within the context of the album, it's a doozy.

The whole album seems to really be hitting the spot now.

I've read in a couple of places that the leak came from being temporarily/accidently available to buy on iTunes. Has that sort of thing happened before?

So yeah. It's great and everything, but it goes a bit Peter Gabriel towards the end...

Beth/Rest makes me think of You're the Voice by John Farnham.

Also, the tour seems to have sold superfast. Manchester tix were unavailable at 9.05 so I've had to get some for Leeds.

Aye, last time I saw him/them it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to, although in a much smaller venue, so I'll be interested to see how it goes somewhere bigger.

Got tickets to see him in November! Who wants to kiss my slimy lips?

New album seems pretty good, well most of it. 10/10

New album is masterful. What a great direction he's taken. The last song is absolutely baffling though. I can't tell if he's being serious or not.

Of course I get back from a week's holiday to find he's announced a Bristol show and it's sold out. Of course that happened. If anyone ends up with a couple spare do let a brother know. In the meantime I'll be looking into a Paris trip.

How beautiful is Holocene?

The album is astounding, reminds of the first time I heard Illinoise. Notice everybody cites different songs as the standout. I love the last track too, don't have a problem with the synths, I mean Gayng's Last Prom on Earth was one of the best tracks of last year.

Had genuine reservations about it on first listen but fuck me, it's stunning. Just got two Paris tickets.

So yeah. It's great and everything, but it goes a bit Peter Gabriel towards the end...

You make that sound like a bad things :P

Also, the tour seems to have sold superfast. Manchester tix were unavailable at 9.05 so I've had to get some for Leeds.

I know :( The nearest to me was 100 miles away, but I would have gone. I can't because a) they are totally and utterly sold out and b) I'm broke :(

One band that I MUST see before I die. Hopefully, anyway!

New album is masterful. What a great direction he's taken. The last song is absolutely baffling though. I can't tell if he's being serious or not.

It is incredible. I was a bit unsure at the start, but it's really sunk it's claws into me. It's an astonishing piece of work. I think they had to take it in a totally different direction to prevent themselves from being pigeonholed. The new direction means that they can release another album like For Emma Forever Ago down the line without the same stigma. I adore this album.

Also, Beth/Rest :wub:

This is a cover of a Bonnie Raitt song, it's the b-side to the single version of Calgary.

(As expected, it's lovely).

Cheers for the links.

The album is a real grower.

With this, the new fleet foxes and antlers album, i've been somewhat spoilt. Now all i need is a new postal service and empire of the sun album and i'm set..

Cheers for the links.

The album is a real grower.

With this, the new fleet foxes and antlers album, i've been somewhat spoilt. Now all i need is a new postal service and empire of the sun album and i'm set..

The new Death Cab is worth getting.

Yeah?

Can you link me a couple of good tracks to check out on Youtube please?

James Blake and Bon Iver are doing a collaboration apparently.

@jamesblake: 24th August 2011 - James Blake & Bon Iver "Fall Creek Boys Choir"

Two artists I like very much indeed. Could be great, could be a bit weird.

But if you'd told me Justin Vernon was going to feature on a Kanye West album a few years ago I'd have told you it'd never work and I actually really like the tracks he's featured on on MBDTF.