Cecil Kay

Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

5,805 posts in this topic

I haven't been to one in about a year, but i'd love to hear what you guys are getting.

And post pics pls :lol:

I haven't been to one in about a year, but i'd love to hear what you guys are getting.

And post pics pls :lol:

I'll stick todays one single find up later. It's all a bit slow at the moment but I've had a few nice bits recently.

Anyway, if I do get to go to any will photos of "baby stuff" count for anything?

dscf0752in4.jpg

The game in the top right corner is a promo copy of tombi. All the stuff at the bottom is random demos and stuff. All that was in 3 disc wallets. I fully expected them to be full of demos and fifas. I was partially right but never expected to find tombi, super pang and bubble bobble in there.

Too much snow and rain!

I haven't bothered yet this year but am hoping to go to one soon.

Now that Gamestation have ditched retro I hoping more stuff will start turning up again than it did last year.

Wow, would love bubble bobble, had many happy times playing that a few years back when i found it in CEX. Stupidly sold it on ebay though as at the time it was going for a high price. Don't even know what it sells for now.

Most of the PS1 stuff has dropped in price severely in the past couple of years. Many collectors have moved to the PS2 now.

Set the alarm last night as it was dry yesterday and I thought I'd might as well start this years season.

Alarm went off, looked out of window, snow, went back to bed :lol:

What are super pang and top gun like?

I remember playing Top Gun on the NES, it seemed amazing at the time, i think i'll leave those rose tinted glasses on.

What are super pang and top gun like?

I remember playing Top Gun on the NES, it seemed amazing at the time, i think i'll leave those rose tinted glasses on.

I'm hoping super pang collection is kinda like pang really and top gun I wasn't even going to bother with but I might give it a few minutes just for you. Didn't it come out on PS2 and GC and stuff too.

One more thing; how much did you pay?

I was purposefully omitting that information. £7 the lot.

Managed to fill another hole in my collection today with super puzzle fighter II turbo on PS1. Been a pretty good couple of weeks for my ps1 collection. Also picked up a master system with double hawk, MGS2 (xbox) and a big box of creator lego for the little one (honest).

Put down a white label copy of planescape tourment yesterday which I'm regretting today. Did pick up a PS2 gigawing generations which I'm happy with.

Very little this morning, the season is just getting going.

Two GB loose carts: Bomber Man Quest and Heroes of might and Magic

Some PS1 games:

Blast Chamber

Radikal Bikers

G-Police

Area 51

Trap Runner

Found a Spectrum +2a with the usual accompanying box of games but was quoted £30.

Picked out a couple of games that I needed for 50p each.

G-Police. Now if ever there was a game that deserved a next-gen remake, thats the one.

Although I didnt buy it, I saw a boxed C64 on sunday there for a tenner. I did *want* to buy it, but I didnt want to cart it around,. Then when I went back at the end, it was gone:(

Got some saturn stuff though.

The web is a bit too 'now' for car booties, mate. Try buying a local paper and checking the classifieds instead!

Is there a web site that you can find out where abouts Car boot sales are on at?

Thecarbootdirectory but you have to pay to access it and my experience with it was a bit shit.

Thought it would be worth having this pinned, seeing as we're starting to come into car boot season...

Thought it would be worth having this pinned, seeing as we're starting to come into car boot season...

good idea

Well I went over to my local this morning and it was pretty cold and grim.

Managed to pick up a few meagre bits;

Steptoe and Son Series 2 £1

N64 with 3 Official Controllers, Goldeneye, ISS, F1 and 1080 £5

Box full of spectrum games £4

I will compile a list of the spectrum games later if anyone is interested!

Despite being a bit wet and nasty, there were a few boots.

Got an N64 with expansion pack, and a few complete games (banjo, diddy kong racing...) for £10. Didn't want to spend that much but the games were in great condition.

Megaman network transmission GC £1

Metal arms XBOX sealed £3.5 (blatently bought from morrisons back when they were clearing out).

Picked up that copy of planescape tourment yesterday that I missed last week.

I will compile a list of the spectrum games later if anyone is interested!

Yep I'd be interested, too wet to go out this morning so need my sunday fix of bootsale retro pr0n. :D

Yep I'd be interested, too wet to go out this morning so need my sunday fix of bootsale retro pr0n. ^_^

The guy I bought them off also had a Spectrum +2 and +3 but he had just sold them to someone else for £6 and they left all the games :(

I didn't particularly want them as I don't have a spectrum ;) and all the games will take up loads of space but I couldn't bear to see them left there by the masses of playstation traders so I offered him £4 and he took it.

Heres a list of most of the games - Ghouls and Ghosts, Vigilante, Hot Rod, Dizzy Panic, Defenders of the Earth, Goldenaxe, Zoids, Toobin', Heroes of the Lance, Led Storm, Paperboy, Ghosts and Goblins, Barbarian II, Deadly Evil, Camelot, Strider, Devils of the Deep, Rastan, Speed King II, Frostbyte, Horace goes Skiing, Jack the Nipper II, Hero Quest, Hero Quest Return of the Witch Lord x 2, Vindicators, Spike in Transilvania, Thunder Blade, Xybots.

Worth £4 you think? I'l take a picture later and show you the rest of them. Infact it would have been quicker to take a picture rather than list them :D

I went to another booty at lunchtime as well and got the following;

Singstar Legends + 2 Mic's Sealed £10

NES with 2 controllers + 4 Games £12

Guitar Hero 2 PS2 - Complete but outer sleeve ripped £4

Oddworld Abes Oddysee £1

Sealed Dualshock 2 Controller + Bugs Life ps1 £5

Dualshock 2 Controller £2

CD's - Zero 7, Radiohead, The Hives, Maximo Park., Futureheads, Beatles Alisha's Attic :( £1.50 each

For my first day back since last season i'm well pleased with that lot :wub:

I didn't particularly want them as I don't have a spectrum ;) and all the games will take up loads of space but I couldn't bear to see them left there by the masses of playstation traders so I offered him £4 and he took it.

Keep an eye out for a speccy, everyone should own at least one :(