futureshock

Breaking Bad

6,003 posts in this topic

Searching for Breaking Bad cosplay and found this, not quite what I had in mind.

cosplay-breakingbad-walt-jesse-chickensuit.jpg

Sorry, but that is awful.

That's essentially the point, they are a Taiwanese animation company who became well known for doing awful animations of the news. Thought it was funny seeing them tackle Breaking Bad.

I'm a little disappointed that they've split it over two years. Only 8 episodes each year too. I think I'd have rather had 16 in one year, or just the usual 13. Seems a bit silly to make everyone wait another year for just 8 more episodes. On the other hand, it does mean BB will remain in my life for another year so I dunno...

Finished Season 3 at the weekend.

Fucking incredible stuff - easily one of my favourite TV shows now.

The last few episodes were especially amazing - That scene with Mike, Victor and Walt towards the end :omg:

"Run"

Mate you've got season 4 to go yet, it gets better... (I never thought such a thing possible).

I recently got into this, it's weird, it took me until halfway through Season 2 and a certain reptile for it to escalate and take hold of me. Watched Seasons 3 and 4 in about a week. It is finely poised.

I couldn't resist watching the first episode of Season 4.

Jesus fuck that was incredible.

That scene with Gus.....holy fucking hell.

Just finished season 2 of this on Netflix... Couldn't stop watching it.

Season 4 has an episode that made me think, "That's it! This show has peaked - there's no way they can top that!!!!!"

Then the next episode was better.

Then the next was better still.

The next episode was unbelievably amazing.

I'm assuming that he means that season 5 is split in two but maybe not. So now I don't know. I don't think I want Breaking Bad to be one of those shows that goes on forever (X-Files mans is involved, right?) I feel tense, to laugh and cry and all those things Breaking Bad makes you feel...Oh fuck!

post-12556-0-05514300-1338610291.jpg

Is this supposed to kick off from the first pilot of s1?

I watched the first two episodes yesterday and was incredibly bored by them. The subject matter is gratitious and hardly controversial, and the narrative feels flat and chugging along at a pedestrian pace.

Bryan Cranston is great though, just not sure if this is the kind of series I can get hooked on.

Does it get any better further on?

Do. There's a reason why we're all quite madly in love with it.

I fell in love with the show from the pilot, and it just got better. The pilot is a fantastic episode.

The pilot is amazing. I've watched it three times. If you thought the first two episodes were boring, forget it.

If you didn't think the pilot was amazing, you have issues and I eluld suggest packing it in

No - don't stop watching because you didn't love the pilot.

I watched it - liked it, but not enough to start downloading the rest of series 1 straight away.

Then I ran out of other stuff to watch - went back to it and 3/4 episodes in was totally hooked. Stick with it - it is awesome and up there with the best TV shows ever.

I also didn't really like it much until 4 or 5 episodes in. After having a friend go on and on about it for ages put my expectations up a bit too much.

But when it did click.. Oh my!

Caught up on S3 and S4 over the past two weeks and I'm just amazed by how it keeps getting better and better...

End of S4 Spoiler...

Walt's downfall is truly complete. Having him say "I won" to Skyler at the end then the implication that he did, somehow, have a hand in poisoning Brock to get Jesse back on side!

It'll be interesting to see how that happens. Did Saul's bodyguard lift the box of smokes with the ricin cigarette in there? Does Saul know the whole story?

And what about Gus' origins? The cartel couldn't or wouldn't kill him so I'm guessing there'll be questions about how he ended up walking out of Hector's room minus half his face.