futureshock

Breaking Bad

5985 posts in this topic

[img]http://www.toxicshock.tv/news/wp-content/uploads/breaking_bad_promo_poster.jpg[/img]

Anybody catch the first episode of this beauty? It revolves around a straight-laced chemistry teacher (Walt, played by Bryan Cranston) being pushed to his limits and steering his mundane life down a hugely dramatic spiral that surprises even himself.
I don't want to give away any spoilers, but just had to recommend this fine new TV series.

[quote name='IMDB']For people that love Tarantino or the Coen's, this might be your cup of tea.[/quote]

[url="http://www.breakingbad.com/main.html"]http://www.breakingbad.com/main.html[/url]

Get.

As far as I know it's a tv channel that shows modern(ish) 'classic' movies as well as produce its own award winning shows.
They do the series Mad Men, which I think is all kinds of fab.

I hate those sort of websites that make you jump through hoops just to annoy you. But the small snippets of footage looked good and I like the fact it is only a short series. Any news if/when this is being picked up by a UK channel?

Here's a more normal site for it: [url="http://www.amctv.com/originals/breakingbad/"]http://www.amctv.com/originals/breakingbad/[/url]

I loved Mad Men so I grabbed the first episode of this and I thought it was really good. It's a bit like a more extreme version of Weeds.

Thanks for the heads up.

Just watched it (I was on a mad slow download) and really enjoyed it again.

The is going to be a good trip, I can feel it after 2 episodes.
[i]
I thought it was preferable to telling her I cook mete-amphetamine and I killed a man.[/i]

I'm enjoying this a lot so far. The two main characters playing off each other, Walt (Bryan Cranston, who you probably won't remember as playing Buzz Aldrin in 1998's [i]From The Earth To The Moon[/i]) fighting long-suppressed desires and rage that his situation is bringing to the surface. Sometimes winning, sometimes losing, usually with compelling emotional confliction, both internally and with those around him. Go get it.

:) Is that Malcom in the Middle's dad?

And why the hell is he in his underpants?

Otherwise, sounds interesting ;)

Might give the 1st ep a go.

Just watched the first two episodes of this and it's absolutely brilliant. I can certainly see Bryan Cranston getting award recognition for this. He's absolutely fantastic. Shame it was cut short by two episodes because of the strike, though. :)

Roll on episode 3.

Just caught the pilot and really enjoyed it. I'm assuming the pilot was made before AMC came on board as the censoring of swear words and nudity was a little jarring. It was certainly one of the best pilots I've seen in a long time though.

It's no biggy as it wasn't like the pilot was full of swearing but it does seem strange in this day and age. Hopefully the eventual DVD release will reinstate the censored bits.

[quote name='lordcookie' post='4763215' date='Feb 3 2008, 05:35 PM']It's no biggy as it wasn't like the pilot was full of swearing but it does seem strange in this day and age. Hopefully the eventual DVD release will reinstate the censored bits.[/quote]

Watched the first two episodes of this over the weekend. Bloody loved it, very dark comedy and some great acting.

Ep 3 should be out there today.

Excellent. I caught the second episode yesterday and it was just as good as the pilot. I'm really happy this is a short season though as I could see the concept getting run into the ground if it was much longer.

[quote name='lordcookie' post='4765138' date='Feb 4 2008, 01:28 PM']Excellent. I caught the second episode yesterday and it was just as good as the pilot. I'm really happy this is a short season though as I could see the concept getting run into the ground if it was much longer.[/quote]

Ignore me, for some reason it didnt broadcast last night and is now showing as being on Next week. Ah well that gives me some breathing room telly wise tonight.

Supernatural
Smallville
House
Ross Kemp.

I just watched the pilot.

I started out thinking "eh, this is alright". About halfway through I thought "this is pretty good" and by the end this had changed to "oh my God this is amazing".

Really unexpected, really dark, and surprisingly funny at times.

[quote name='chalkitdown' post='4766611' date='Feb 4 2008, 09:20 PM']Next Sunday.[/quote]

.....FUCK!!

Thanks for letting me know, though

[quote name='chalkitdown' post='4785323' date='Feb 11 2008, 04:09 PM']3rd episode is out now.

And it's a good 'un. This show just gets better & better.[/quote]

Great one this week [spoiler]the bit in the kitchen with the broken plate and Courtney Cox without her make up were highlights.[/spoiler]