• Announcements

• TehStu

ALL spoilers are currently visible   02/10/16

As posts have not yet been rebuilt, all spoilers are currently visible. If you're following something (film/game) and want to avoid spoilers, AVOID the relevant thread until the post rebuild is complete. I'll delete this announcement when it's done.
Timmo

Good crisp bad crisp

443 posts in this topic

Okay - I have a new favourite crisp - weird and posh - Asparagus Crisps: http://www.foodstufffinds.co.uk/2012/05/ever-so-posh-parmesan-asparagus-and.html

The key with Blairs chilli crisps is to gently shake the bag back and forth to distrubute the toxic dust evenly.

Into wasabi peas at present and have bought all the varieties we can find, singl complaint is none are hot enough, even those that claim to be. The best ones those sold in Tesco.

Not strictly crisps but my local pub has started selling these.

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4pC1a3FCouA/TMF4EPpkJ4I/AAAAAAAAAAs/q76WAWz85jI/s1600/american-snyders-honey-mustard-onion-pretzel-pieces-new-larger-283g-bag--5594-p.jpg[/img]

OMFG they are fantastic. The pack says they're American despite simultaneously also saying they're "of Hanover", and all the writing on the back is Japanese. It all adds to the brilliance though.

[quote name='Chadruharazzeb' timestamp='1337591177' post='8616480']

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4pC1a3FCouA/TMF4EPpkJ4I/AAAAAAAAAAs/q76WAWz85jI/s1600/american-snyders-honey-mustard-onion-pretzel-pieces-new-larger-283g-bag--5594-p.jpg[/img]

OMFG they are fantastic. The pack says they're American despite simultaneously also saying they're "of Hanover", and all the writing on the back is Japanese. It all adds to the brilliance though.
[/quote]

What are they pieces of?

[quote name='Mentazm' timestamp='1337592836' post='8616535']
Good Crisp - Pickled Onion Monster Munch

Bad Crisp - Skips
[/quote]

Come on, you can't avoid the question of what's a bad crisp!

[quote name='Chadruharazzeb' timestamp='1337591177' post='8616480']

[/quote]
Hanover, PA (Pennsylvania)

They are absolutely fucking magnificent though, however I suspect you're being gouged at your pub for a packet of them given that now most ASDA/Sainsburys large-stores are stocking them for £1.29 a bag.

Recently, although it isn't relating to crisps, I have tried all of the varieties of the new Sensations Nuts range. Honestly, I can't fault any of them. The Californian Honey & Salted Peanuts are just the most addictive snack food ever, whilst the Mexican Smoked Chilli Coated Peanuts are my new favourite crunchy snack. The other 4 flavours are equally delicious, but don't approach the aforementioned pair. The one thing I will say is to wait until they're on offer. £2.49 for a pack is pretty ridiculous, however Sensations Crisps went for that amount a bag when the range was first introduced, so hopefully their new snacks will go down around the £1-£1.50 a bag mark.

[quote name='zektbach' timestamp='1337895190' post='8623626']
They are absolutely fucking magnificent though, however I suspect you're being gouged at your pub for a packet of them given that now most ASDA/Sainsburys large-stores are stocking them for £1.29 a bag.
[/quote]

Bizarrely the "only" cost 95p a pack in the pub, and I thought that was expensive. Incidentally, they are available to buy from Amazon's grocery department... for £4 a bag.

[quote name='Chadruharazzeb' timestamp='1337931118' post='8623924']
Bizarrely the "only" cost 95p a pack in the pub, and I thought that was expensive. Incidentally, they are available to buy from Amazon's grocery department... for £4 a bag.
[/quote]
I need to know the name and location of this pub. Were they definitely proper sized bags? 95p is a bloody bargain.

You can buy them in Waitrose! Saw them in my local branch the other day.

[url="http://www.waitrose.com/shop/ProductView-10317-10001-177444-Snyder"]http://www.waitrose....honey mustard onion[/url]

[quote name='zektbach' timestamp='1337895190' post='8623626']
Recently, although it isn't relating to crisps, I have tried all of the varieties of the new Sensations Nuts range. Honestly, I can't fault any of them. The Californian Honey & Salted Peanuts are just the most addictive snack food ever, whilst the Mexican Smoked Chilli Coated Peanuts are my new favourite crunchy snack. The other 4 flavours are equally delicious, but don't approach the aforementioned pair. The one thing I will say is to wait until they're on offer. £2.49 for a pack is pretty ridiculous, however Sensations Crisps went for that amount a bag when the range was first introduced, so hopefully their new snacks will go down around the £1-£1.50 a bag mark.
[/quote]

They're on sale at Tesco for £1.50 a bag now and I got some of the Tomato and Basil flavour peanuts which are really delicious, tangy and quite peppery from the basil, more than I was expecting. Would definitely eat again.*

*Probably tomorrow as I've still got half the bag left!

Had some of these recently and my God were they moreish.

[img]http://www.fritolay.com/assets/images/blue/cheetos-cheddar-jalapeno.gif[/img]

I had these a few years back and they were utterly amazing:

[img]http://admin.americansoda.co.uk/Client/AmericanSoda/product/CheetosRegularFlaminHotCrunchy--19079-L.jpg[/img]

Where's the best place to get US Cheetos in the UK? Everywhere online seems ridiculously priced. Anywhere in London sell them?

The Polish ones are pretty darn close to the US I would say - if there are any Polish shops near you try them, or if you're anywhere near SE7 the shop next to the Co-op in Charlton Village stocks them.

[quote name='The Fox' timestamp='1341412904' post='8700651']
Where's the best place to get US Cheetos in the UK? Everywhere online seems ridiculously priced. Anywhere in London sell them?
[/quote]

There's a shop on Oxford Street that sells pretty much all the flavours. I'm buggered if I can remember what it';s called - it's a speciality sweet shop, does loads of american stuff. It's right down the Tottenham Court Road end....

edit - found it: http://www.gobstoppers.net

anybody in Edinburgh wants 'dem Cheetohs there's a shop in the St James center selling them now - I splurged a fortune on packets :hmm:

That shop in St James is lethal. I bought a whole load of reece's pieces, cups, n caramel lollies on Sunday. They were all gone by the end of the day. By digestive tract has only just returned to normal.

[quote name='Yoshimax' timestamp='1341583627' post='8704767']
anybody in Edinburgh wants 'dem Cheetohs there's a shop in the St James center selling them now - I splurged a fortune on packets :hmm:
[/quote]
How much are they charging? The best price I can see online works out at about £5 delivered for a ~225g bag. Which is ridiculous of course, but, y'know, Cheetos.

The Phileas Fogg Louisiana BBQ bubble chips nearly blew my head off. It's not that they're mega hot (they are quite hot) but it's like every single crisp is one of those freaky crisps you occasionally get that has five times the usual amount of flavour on them.

Not strictly crisps, but Tyrell have started doing theor own pork scratchings, which are like traditional scratchings but much less fatty. The regular ones are nice but the English Mustard ones are fantastic.