Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Belbo

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition)

292 posts in this topic

I would HATE to play that game, but I'm enjoying the videos!

You guys need to see this then.

A video of somebody on their 1st run through one of the levels with live commentary.

Genuine lol's to be had ;)

Watch This

:lol: That's brilliant: the mad use of save states reminds me of how I used to play bastard hard games via emulation.

A video of somebody on their 1st run through one of the levels with live commentary.

Genuine lol's to be had ^_^

Watch This

Hohohohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Jesus :lol:;) ;)

Level 1-2 wasn't that bad , considering:

1-3 is possibly the most insane thing I've ever tried ...

Genuine lol when he finally completed the level only to die after the finish post. Whoever made this hack is a bad, bad man. :unsure:

I've never laughed so much at a video like that before. :lol: I think that death after the finish post, and his inconvenient save state positions were hilarious.

That water trap after the finish post is possibly the funniest punchline in the history of videogames.

The water after the finish ticker-tape is absolute genius :unsure: .

Nothing more to add other than Holy Fucking Jesus H. Christ Shit. If that's level 1, I don't even want to guess what the final stages are like.

Edit - Oh Lord, just saw the Special Stage video. Someone should call Amnesty International.

I played for about five minutes then gave up. I got as far as across the gap from the bullets that you have to jump on, on the first level.

I don't think it helps it being such a piece of shit to control with a keyboard.

Genuine lol's to be had :unsure:

Watch This

"FOR THE LOVE OF BATMAN... BILL COSBY!"

LULZ

Well done Dave! I had a load of "how the hell are you supposed to get past this bit?" moments while watching you.

Hmm ... 1-3 is really fucking difficult. I almost reached the end once, but then the scrolling background gets way too fast and I can't keep up with it.

Need to learn the level better - going out for a while so I'll post an update later.

: )

(Plus I wanna see some of your videos of you trying/competing levels.)

That's just insane! Holy fucking fuck, well played Mr Heath!

The moment he dies after going past the check post is brilliant. :unsure:

hidden P blocks FTW :lol:

I laughed so damn hard. Whoever made this is some kind of evil genius.

There's a great thread on the SA forums with loads more people doing the levels with commentary. None of them are as funny as "CATCH. CATCH. STOP. STOP CATCHING. STOP CATCHING DEATH. DON'T CATCH DEATH" but the ones by Psychedelic Eyeball are pretty great because of his mad accent.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthrea...hreadid=2586313

EDIT - Oh god, they finally uploaded the last level video: three people playing it all at once. I'm watching it now, massive psychological scarring seems to already be underway. http://www.themaxproject.com/sastuff/kaizorace.html

This is easily the greatest ROM hack ever, though. I'm gonna have a go at this sometime, with savestates of course.

Mr. Heath, are you using a pad? Do you think I'd die horribly if I used keys?

I've never laughed so much at a video like that before. :unsure: I think that death after the finish post, and his inconvenient save state positions were hilarious.

Yep - absolutely fantastic. Right at the start where he's trying to get on the hammer guy's platform, and every time he reloads it's "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." :lol:

That American football guy should never have been in the SM world game.

There's some smart stuff there. That Switch palace level could be a Nintendo level (Albeit the most warped, evil level in their history), it's that well designed.

That Special 2 though, that endings just nasty.

You must be a masochist, David Heath.

this is pretty awesome. Ive seen other remade mario world levels. ill have to give this a try sometime!

My favourite game ever gets a super hardcore remake - I MUST play this! Awesome videos and skills.

Do you think I'd die horribly if I used keys?

Hey, give it a go; I'm using a keyboard as I don't have a suitable pad that will connect to my PC.

It really isn't a hinderance at all once you set it up as you prefer and get used to the key positions. Definitely try it.

I'm still on 1-3 ...

I am pleased I have lived at a time when I could watch the videos in this thread.

Rather you than me, but I find a weird thrill in watching the videos

Hats of to this Kaizo guy and to you for going anywhere near it.

Oh shit - I finally just finished 1-3. This one is seriously not for the faint-hearted. The way it speeds up at the end is brutal.

I kept on getting to the bet with the pipe at the end and missing it completely, and then the time I did get through I was immediately crushed by the things on the other side. I think 99% of this is learning the level thoroughly, and then the remaining 1% is sheer determination. Ghost House next ... I can seriously see me staying up all night playing this. I'm fucking loving it!

There's a great thread on the SA forums with loads more people doing the levels with commentary. None of them are as funny as "CATCH. CATCH. STOP. STOP CATCHING. STOP CATCHING DEATH. DON'T CATCH DEATH" but the ones by Psychedelic Eyeball are pretty great because of his mad accent.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthrea...hreadid=2586313

EDIT - Oh god, they finally uploaded the last level video: three people playing it all at once. I'm watching it now, massive psychological scarring seems to already be underway. http://www.themaxproject.com/sastuff/kaizorace.html

This is easily the greatest ROM hack ever, though. I'm gonna have a go at this sometime, with savestates of course.

Mr. Heath, are you using a pad? Do you think I'd die horribly if I used keys?

I was slightly disappointed with the last boss, after all those perfectly constructed levels an invisible Bowser seemed like a bit of a cop out.

Jeysus, how hard is that?

It's like someone crossed Super Mario World with Rick Dangerous. Someone who hated gamers.

Still impressive playing skills there, I have to say.

---

S0L

---