DeFiBkIlLeR
  • Members
  • 919 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

Sorry...couldnt resist it.... :blush:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can use joypads by using the same config dialogue that came with the BlazBlu Continuim Shift release....

I know its wrong, but i'll never get to see it in an arcade and i dont own a 360 or PS3, so this is the only way i'd ever get to play it...not an excuse, just an explanation as to why its now sitting on my PC...

#302 MatOfTheDead

MatOfTheDead
  • Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:11 PM

i dont see shermie there me no want

#303 Treble

Treble
  • Supporters
  • 7352 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:56 PM

Is there a nice version of MAME that will run from a USB stick? (I'd like to be able to run it on my work laptop when travelling, but don't want to install it, you see.)

My romset is 0.77, will that work with any version of MAME or am I likely to have to do shenanigans to get stuff running...?

Never had any issues running MAME off USB. Just tried now: MAME UI32, 0.140u2. Tried a few ROMs and all worked fine.

#304 Dimahoo

Dimahoo
  • Members
  • 41381 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:15 AM

Stoopid Mame.
Can't get DX9 to create a window with hlsl enabled.

Using Windows 7, disabled Aero and running Mame PLus XT 64.

Downloadeded Dx9c but whatever i do it won't run with hlsl enabled in Mame.ini.

Fuck and poo.

#305 Dimahoo

Dimahoo
  • Members
  • 41381 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:07 PM

Meh, forget it. Found Mame UI works anyway.

#306 Duckula

Duckula
  • Members
  • 4089 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

Could someone post a version of the latest Mame update compiled? I've been struggling trying to compile it for an hour.

Help an idiot please.

#307 DeFiBkIlLeR

DeFiBkIlLeR
  • Members
  • 919 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

Could someone post a version of the latest Mame update compiled? I've been struggling trying to compile it for an hour.

Help an idiot please.

Visit this thread and about 7 or 8 posts in there are downloads (by Poster Redk9258 for 32 and 64bit versions....)

http://www.mameworld...&new=1307913656

#308 dr zoidberg

dr zoidberg
  • Members
  • 1172 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:22 PM

Howdy folks

I've never had much joy with MAME & other emulators, being a Mac user, but would like to now buy a 'mini' PC purely for emulation purposes. So I have a few questions please, as I'm shite with PCs.

1) Would this be able to play emulators OK, without any problems?: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/261509

2) How do I connect up a Xbox 360 pad? do I need a dongle or something?

3) Where would be the most reliable place for tutorials or ROMS - the ones for which I own, of course?

Thanks in advance for any help

#309 DeFiBkIlLeR

DeFiBkIlLeR
  • Members
  • 919 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:26 PM

Howdy folks

I've never had much joy with MAME & other emulators, being a Mac user, but would like to now buy a 'mini' PC purely for emulation purposes. So I have a few questions please, as I'm shite with PCs.

1) Would this be able to play emulators OK, without any problems?: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/261509

Depends how you define problems, could it run all the emulators out there, then yes, but it will in no way be fast enough to run them at acceptable speeds, especially some of the more demanding games in MAME...should be okay for SNES, Megadrive and early 8bit computer emulators though...

2) How do I connect up a Xbox 360 pad? do I need a dongle or something?

Just plug it in and let windows download the drivers for it...

3) Where would be the most reliable place for tutorials or ROMS - the ones for which I own, of course?

Thanks in advance for any help

You will have to use Google for that, but you will find everything you need in 10mins....

But TBH i really wouldnt bother with that PC, you will only be dissapointed at the speed of the emulators using such a weak CPU and Gfx combo.

#310 dr zoidberg

dr zoidberg
  • Members
  • 1172 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:00 PM

Utalkin2me - thanks for the advice mate. I assumed the PC would be OK for most emulators - shows how little I know about PCs!!

I would have liked to be able to run 8bit emulators, and MAME, and the Capcom one as well. I suppose I would want most of the ones everyone else wants!!

Back to the drawing board!!

#311 Mr. Pickle

Mr. Pickle
  • Supporters
  • 2451 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

Utalkin is right. The PC would be fine for *most* things, but as he says, the more intensive emulators will make the PC beg for mercy. I use MAME only for the games not emulated elsewhere (for example NBA Jam etc). It's generally my emulator of last resort. Although it is more accurate, it is at the expense of playability for some games. Because MAME doesn't rely on graphics card horsepower and emulates solely on the processor, the faster the processor, generally, the better the speed. You can get (and I use) modded MAME versions which do have the option of being boosted by the GFX card.

If you're looking at running Capcom CPS1/2 games, I would seriously advise you look towards Kawaks. It also plays NeoGeo games and - in my opinion - blitzes MAME on nearly every level. It also doesn't require a hefty machine to run. I ran it on my old 2ghz celeron P4 with an AGP graphics card and 1Gb of DDR and it was fine. However, when you start heading towards N64 emulation and onwards, no way. As an aside, I run a Dell 530 inspiron, which came with a q6600 quad core. I whacked another 2Gb of RAM into it and stuck a GTX 265 in it. The machine was £299 and is really outdated now. However it plays PS1 games, Dreamcast games etc flawlessly. The only emulators it doesn't run playably is Dolphin and PCSX2 which I'm not overly bothered about; so for that money, it is possible to get what you're after.

#312 Dandy_Sephy

Dandy_Sephy
  • Members
  • 34228 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:28 AM

CPS3 is damm near flawless on a Athlon XP 1.6ghz with 1gb ram, CPS 2 isn't particularly taxing in mame. For 2d games you should be able to run anything up to Naomi on pre Core/comparable AMD chip, anything less will vary (you can run Naomi on a P4, but how well is up for debate)

I echo the sentiments about Atom chips, although I have played mid 90s 2d games on an older one just fine

#313 Goose

Goose
  • Moderators
  • 27785 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:13 PM

Oddly, I ran Dolphin really well on this computer with my old card, which was a very low specced ATI. I gave it a go recently with my new card (which still isn't epic but is far better) and it ran like a dog. I've got a feeling it needs reconfiguring but haven't really looked into it again.

#314 Dandy_Sephy

Dandy_Sephy
  • Members
  • 34228 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:28 PM

Are they both ATI cards?

#315 Goose

Goose
  • Moderators
  • 27785 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:30 PM

Yes, can't recall what the first one was (5430 perhaps) but the current is a 5750.

#316 Qazimod

Qazimod
  • Supporters
  • 20108 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

I'm posting this on a 1.7Ghz laptop with 2Gb RAM and it's had no trouble with ElSemi's CPS-3 emulator or the MAME equivalent, so the linked machine should be fine for the Capcom boards. Most of the simpler MAME stuff will run okay although things like Model 3 will still struggle.

#317 DeFiBkIlLeR

DeFiBkIlLeR
  • Members
  • 919 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

I'm posting this on a 1.7Ghz laptop with 2Gb RAM and it's had no trouble with ElSemi's CPS-3 emulator or the MAME equivalent, so the linked machine should be fine for the Capcom boards. Most of the simpler MAME stuff will run okay although things like Model 3 will still struggle.

Your not comparing like with like though, Atom cpus are alot slower clock for clock than any desktop CPU....also the cache arrangement will hurt in MAME.

#318 Yartek

Yartek
  • Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:12 PM

I use MAME on my netbook which is a 1.6Ghz Atom, a lot of stuff runs fine, up to and including CPS2 and NeoGeo. Alternatively, Fincal Burn handles those and CPS3 at full speed. SNES and Megadrive emulators run great. PS1 runs fine and N64 depends on the game, but Super mario 64 and WWF No Mercy both run great with only occasional frame rate hiccups.

#319 dr zoidberg

dr zoidberg
  • Members
  • 1172 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

Thanks for the advice guys, but alot of this talk is way over my tiny little mind.

Given the choice between the already mentioned Revolution 3700 or this: http://www.very.co.u...4873-4294958013

What's better???

Thank again for any help/advice..

#320 Dandy_Sephy

Dandy_Sephy
  • Members
  • 34228 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for the advice guys, but alot of this talk is way over my tiny little mind.

Given the choice between the already mentioned Revolution 3700 or this: http://www.very.co.u...4873-4294958013

What's better???

Thank again for any help/advice..

Surely you just need a Core 2 duo based machine? You could probably get a old mac mini for a couple hundred, just whack xp on it and it's a perfect emulation machine. Small, quiet, more than powerful enough for 99.99999% of console and arcade games ever made

#321 dr zoidberg

dr zoidberg
  • Members
  • 1172 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:55 PM

Hi there

I've never had that much luck running Mame on my iMac, that's why I'm thinking about just buying a cheap PC

I've cluttered this thread up to much, sorry everyone. I'll take this to another more appropriate place.

#322 Dandy_Sephy

Dandy_Sephy
  • Members
  • 34228 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:15 PM

Thats why I said to use Xp :) OSX is good for a lot of things, but mame isn't one of them. That whole problem is avoided by installing Xp onto the Mini

#323 Goose

Goose
  • Moderators
  • 27785 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:54 AM

Is there a decent Dreamcast emu?

#324 Qazimod

Qazimod
  • Supporters
  • 20108 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:21 AM

For Windows? Last time I checked, nullDC seemed to be the best option.

Download page (second link)

#325 Goose

Goose
  • Moderators
  • 27785 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:13 AM

Many thanks :)

#326 incapable hulk

incapable hulk
  • Members
  • 1999 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:31 PM

Hello. Does anyone know if its possible to get mugen running on an old modded xbox?

I have one that I would like to put on there, but am not technically minded so have no idea A)if its possible, or B)How to do it if it is

Thanks! :)

#327 crocked

crocked
  • Supporters
  • 585 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:43 PM

Hi,
is there any active xbox emulator that is being improved on at the moment?

Also regarding emus on the old soft mod xbox has there been any major improvements there in the last year?
Cheers,
Crocked

#328 Treble

Treble
  • Supporters
  • 7352 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:08 AM

For Windows? Last time I checked, nullDC seemed to be the best option.

Download page (second link)

Do you (or anyone else) know whether there's any ongoing development with DC emu? The only game left I really want to play is Zero Gunner 2 and - surprise surprise - doesn't work with NullDC. The excellent Cannon Spike doesn't, either :(

#329 Mr. Pickle

Mr. Pickle
  • Supporters
  • 2451 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:49 AM

There's ongoing development of DEMUL, which is coded by a team of Russians. However I've just checked for you and that doesn't support either game. I would give Makaron a go. It's incredibly difficult to configure, but it still has one of the best compatibility rates. It is also the only emulator to support WinCE Dreamcast games.

#330 mash

mash
  • Members
  • 1355 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:13 AM

Hi there

I've never had that much luck running Mame on my iMac, that's why I'm thinking about just buying a cheap PC

I've cluttered this thread up to much, sorry everyone. I'll take this to another more appropriate place.

Couldn't you use the Linux version of Mame? OSX sits on top of Linux anyway, and is compatible with Linux programs via X11.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

S0L