Dev blog

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Plums

Plums
  • Members
  • 14048 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 08:07 AM

Surely it's exploration, rather than invention, that's proving highly lucrative (expect in a few very focussed cases)?

Yes, I meant exploration. Invention isn't to be sniffed at either though, one of my corpmates has created multiple T2 launcher and covops cloak BPCs. I have zero research or manufacturing skills so I just sell the stuff I find in exploration sites rather than using it for invention.

#32 spacebunny

spacebunny
  • Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:46 AM

Posted Image

T2 has slightly better bonuses:

http://img115.images...=nanofixym6.jpg

Stacking nerfed.

Definite speed nerf, lows are worth a less, base speed more, agility is hit a lot.

#33 Gorf King

Gorf King
  • Members
  • 11583 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:23 PM

SHOCK HORRORZ THEY NERFED SPEED TANKING!!111

That's my beautifully balanced tackling Rifter - that's worked for aeons - completely buggered. Cheers, CCP, for another superb and wholly unexpected example of game 'balancing'.

Wonder if they'll up all its armour resists to compensate for my shitrified nano setup which now has no speed increase at all. No, you say? Ah, didn't think so.

Sucks to be you, Tux. You total, utterly feckless, dickwad.

#34 Raane

Raane
  • Members
  • 1489 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:39 PM

Shock horror. People will now have to adapt!

#35 spacebunny

spacebunny
  • Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:54 PM

In addition, today at downtime all propellant injection vent rigs (MWD speed increase) were changed into Auxillary thrusters (base speed increase).

All blueprints, all fitted rigs, all on the market or in hangars.

Tuxford did it, btw.

#36 Gorf King

Gorf King
  • Members
  • 11583 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:54 PM

Shock horror. People will now have to adapt!

I suppose I'd have to adapt if someone broke my legs, too.

Whether I'd be within my rights to rebuke my assailant for the nerf to my mobility is an entirely different matter.

Especially when he broke my legs because he had a fat, armour-wearing friend who happened to have been mugged by an entirely different, far bigger man than me who also happened to be able to run fast, and the legbreaker happened to be in the higher echelons of government and had subsequently received thousands hundreds of letters of complaint from other gun-toting, fat, armour-wearing people who had been similarly mugged - often whilst themselves trying to mug someone else - who were outraged that they were unable to catch the muggers and pound them to death with their giant-superfat-sized-fists unless they either took off their armour, slimmed down a bit, or teamed up with some really skinny guys on motorbikes (which was of course unthinkable as they lowered the tone of the place), and demanded that all people who could run fast - even the little ones, even the ones who'd been training for months and months as sprinters and could do little else, even the teams of people who based their entire gamestyle around the speed that had been granted them as their principal and defining talent in life and had assiduously worked to hone this style of play to a fine art - had their legs broken, all of them, to prevent them ever being in a position to either attack the gargantuan lardmen or run away from them, ever again, amen. Because to be able to go significantly faster than a fatty - even as a T1 tackler trying desparately to close on that Rokh 180km away before his guns or drones take you out - as opposed to having a suit of armour bigger than the deathstar, is kind of 'unbalanced' and 'unfair', somehow, it seems, and to allow the continued use of speedtanking is far more unreasonable than asking the monstrously faction-tanked pustulent sweatmountains to develop tactics or gang setups to deal with faster ships.

In other words: instead of calling for a pogrom on speed, why not...adapt?

No? Thought not.

Enjoy your lard sandwich then, fatso.

#37 Professor Rob

Professor Rob
  • Supporters
  • 5646 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:32 PM

I think that post pretty much wins the thread.

#38 Professor Rob

Professor Rob
  • Supporters
  • 5646 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:35 PM

In addition, today at downtime all propellant injection vent rigs (MWD speed increase) were changed into Auxillary thrusters (base speed increase).

All blueprints, all fitted rigs, all on the market or in hangars.

Tuxford did it, btw.

Jesus, that's absolutely shocking. Whether you agree with the nerf or not, that's the worst possible way to implement it.

#39 Raane

Raane
  • Members
  • 1489 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:39 PM

Well it's good that the propulsion/hull modules now do exactly what it says on the tin.

Plus your legs aren't broken, you've just got new trainers which feel uncomfortable at the moment.

#40 Plums

Plums
  • Members
  • 14048 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:51 AM

So, let me get this right. Overdrive injectors now grant a percentage-based speed increase? Nanofiber structure mods and inertial stabilisers now affect mass and inertia respectively? Well it certainly makes a lot more sense, but I guess my nano Helios will be knackered now.

Are overdrive injectors midslot modules? That'll require some thought.

What became of the Amarr, then?

#41 spacebunny

spacebunny
  • Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:06 AM

Are overdrive injectors midslot modules? That'll require some thought.

Low slot.

The rest is right.

#42 Plums

Plums
  • Members
  • 14048 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:10 PM

Low slot.

The rest is right.

Oh, well in that case it's not made too much difference. I'll just replace a nano with an injector and it should be much the same as before.

EDIT: or maybe one of each, just for maximum stacking "efficiency" and fitting-screen eyecandy.

#43 spacebunny

spacebunny
  • Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:32 PM

If the stats I posted earlier are still true, agility will be less. The istabs were giving 27% agility, or something silly like that, due to the agility being calculated on the basis of a hidden agility number (which the inertia reduction acted on) and the mass. Now we have 20% and 12.5% max, in 2 different mods, and they're both stacking nerfed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users