• Announcements

• TehStu

Login with your DISPLAY NAME, not old username   02/10/16

IP.board v4 has changed how you login. Previously, you had a username and a display name. The username would be used to login to the forum, whereas the display name would appear alongside posts. It's possible they were one and the same, but also possible that they changed over time, as you updated your display name. From now on, login with your display name. The username no longer exists.
    • TehStu

iPhone users: please read this   02/10/16

The burger menu may be missing from the top right of the forum when viewing on an iPhone. Until resolved, here is the direct url to the login page.  
    • TehStu

ALL spoilers are currently visible   02/10/16

As posts have not yet been rebuilt, all spoilers are currently visible. If you're following something (film/game) and want to avoid spoilers, AVOID the relevant thread until the post rebuild is complete. I'll delete this announcement when it's done.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RandomHero

Wasabi Chocolate Fudge Cake

7 posts in this topic

Last time I was in London, perusing the South Bank, I had dinner at Wagamamas. A decent enough place, good food and a good atmosphere.

I'm never usually one to have desert, but when I saw that they had cake with wasabi in it I knew I needed to try it. And sure enough it was brilliant.

So if you ever find yourself near a Wagamama, go in and get your tonsils fried to try the cake.

I'll file this under the same category as 'black pepper on strawberries', and 'jalapenos in apple pie', in the drawer marked 'fucking bonkers'.

I've had it myself and it's pretty tasty. Just gives it that bit of kick to the cake. It's a mixed bag though with it because I've had it once when there was loads of wasabi in it and it was excellent and then another time when there wasn't actually any.

But yes, go try it.

Strawberries and black pepper's ace.

What else was in the cake besides Wasabi ?

I've had some mexican thing with dark chocolate in before and chillies - and I normally hate choloate but this was great.

[quote name='David Blunkett' post='3145775' date='Jun 14 2006, 02:04 PM']
Strawberries and black pepper's ace.

What else was in the cake besides Wasabi ?

I've had some mexican thing with dark chocolate in before and chillies - and I normally hate choloate but this was great.
[/quote]

As far as I remember it was basically a chocolate cake with wasabi in the icing, it might change at different branches though.

And yes, the idea is bonkers =D

I've had it once or twice and it's not as wasabi-tastic as it sounds - the cake is lovely and the wasabi quotient just makes it taste a bit crisp rather than turning it into a cake that'll make your nose fall off.

Top stuff ;)