Wasabi Chocolate Fudge Cake

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RandomHero

RandomHero
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:29 PM

Last time I was in London, perusing the South Bank, I had dinner at Wagamamas. A decent enough place, good food and a good atmosphere.

I'm never usually one to have desert, but when I saw that they had cake with wasabi in it I knew I needed to try it. And sure enough it was brilliant.

So if you ever find yourself near a Wagamama, go in and get your tonsils fried to try the cake.

#2 Professor Rob

Professor Rob
  • Supporters
  • 5614 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:50 PM

I'll file this under the same category as 'black pepper on strawberries', and 'jalapenos in apple pie', in the drawer marked 'fucking bonkers'.

#3 GinzaUK

GinzaUK
  • Members
  • 3156 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:57 PM

I've had it myself and it's pretty tasty. Just gives it that bit of kick to the cake. It's a mixed bag though with it because I've had it once when there was loads of wasabi in it and it was excellent and then another time when there wasn't actually any.

But yes, go try it.

#4 David Blunkett

David Blunkett
  • Members
  • 12413 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:04 PM

Strawberries and black pepper's ace.

What else was in the cake besides Wasabi ?

I've had some mexican thing with dark chocolate in before and chillies - and I normally hate choloate but this was great.

#5 RandomHero

RandomHero
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:39 PM

Strawberries and black pepper's ace.

What else was in the cake besides Wasabi ?

I've had some mexican thing with dark chocolate in before and chillies - and I normally hate choloate but this was great.

As far as I remember it was basically a chocolate cake with wasabi in the icing, it might change at different branches though.

And yes, the idea is bonkers =D

#6 thingymajig

thingymajig
  • Members
  • 3725 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:04 PM

Sounds like it belongs in The Fat Duck.

#7 strawdonkey

strawdonkey
  • Supporters
  • 8435 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:48 PM

I've had it once or twice and it's not as wasabi-tastic as it sounds - the cake is lovely and the wasabi quotient just makes it taste a bit crisp rather than turning it into a cake that'll make your nose fall off.

Top stuff ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users