Thread in which Yonlu posts some of his songs

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 Yolu

Yolu
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:50 PM

This dumb classmate of mine attempted to write lyrics in English and I made a song out of them. It's 5:41 minutes long and makes no sense. Some feedback would be appreciated, as long as you bear in mind that my recording "apparatus" consists of a shitty mic and Cool Edit Pro, and that the song isn't serious(so basically, you can't criticize me at all :blink: ). Those who decipher the backwards message that plays halfway through win nothing.
The song's called It's Not Another King Kong. Please excuse the demonic filesize.
Here are the lyrics:

The boy whith a TIGER
The boy whith the girl
The boy is gentle

In forest
The tiger was starving
And go to eat him
When he have a idea
Tu put the girl for the animal

The tiger was clever
And to raise she for
your his cage

she live in the cage
for ten years

and there the animal
don't let the girl leave

When the boy go
to the cage
and take the girl

She cry and cry
with a dangerous to return
a life
Whith a strange peoples.

Click here to download it (6666 KB)

Edited by Yolu, 24 May 2006 - 01:09 AM.

#2 FargalEX

FargalEX
  • Members
  • 6194 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:02 PM

It's a thing of beauty.

#3 Orchid

Orchid
  • Members
  • 4491 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:11 PM

In a scary way it's a mix of the zootons, tool and some other scary stuff.
But I like it.

#4 Simmy

Simmy
  • Supporters
  • 16041 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:40 PM

Absolutely wonderful

In a scary way it's a mix of the zootons, tool and some other scary stuff.

Throw Eric Idles voice in there and you're sorted

#5 Orchid

Orchid
  • Members
  • 4491 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:44 PM

Deal.

#6 acidbearboy

acidbearboy
  • Members
  • 14742 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:04 AM

Quite bizarre, a nod or two to a couple of classics in there I think.
Wasn't it you that did the tune with the printer sounds? Can you still get it anywhere?

#7 Yolu

Yolu
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:34 AM

Quite bizarre, a nod or two to a couple of classics in there I think.
Wasn't it you that did the tune with the printer sounds? Can you still get it anywhere?

Yeah, that was me. It's really sweet of you to remember that. You can download it here (2,07 MB).

#8 acidbearboy

acidbearboy
  • Members
  • 14742 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:58 AM

Cheers, it's not quite how I remember but I like it none the less. You should develop it, add some beats or melody into the mix. I like the rhythmic printing sounds though. Good stuff.

#9 SuperNashwan

SuperNashwan
  • Members
  • 6321 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:38 AM

I like it, thanks for sharing. Always refreshing to not know where a song is heading next.

#10 roskelld

roskelld
  • Members
  • 17821 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:20 AM

Bloody ace, both tracks.

I hope you've done more, or are planning to.

#11 bastion

bastion
  • Members
  • 26573 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:58 AM

Genius. More please :blink:

#12 Yolu

Yolu
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:02 PM

Cheers, it's not quite how I remember but I like it none the less. You should develop it, add some beats or melody into the mix.

Well, back when I first posted it here, fellow forumite Sabrepulse of MySpace fame made a remix which adds precisely that. Here you go (1,18 MB).

Thanks for the compliments, guys. Today I came home thinking about suicide, but reading all these nice words made me postpone that. I do have more songs which I'll post later on, but none of them are quite as random as this one.

#13 FargalEX

FargalEX
  • Members
  • 6194 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:42 PM

I do have more songs which I'll post later on, but none of them are quite as random as this one.

Guuurdenky?

#14 johnj

johnj
  • Members
  • 5593 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:03 PM

that remix is ace, like fourtet when they're good. Love it.

Checking the other one out now

#15 johnj

johnj
  • Members
  • 5593 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:26 PM

excellent :):)

Yeah definitely put off suicide till you've given us a few more tracks.

-_-

#16 Yolu

Yolu
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:51 PM

Okay, here are three more:
Guuurdensky Slipslogruya-Q (1,63 MB)
This is basically me narrating a story written by FargalEX over some cheesy FruityLoopness. An early effort.

I Know What It's Like (3,4 MB)
This one is very popular among my classmates, including my ex-future-girlfriend. Granted, it's my most listener-friendly outing. I basically took an expression often heard in angsty teenager songs nowadays, "you don't know what it's like", as a catchphrase to rant about my problems in a light-hearted fashion. Perhaps the song's success can be attributed to that too.

Lampio (3,97 KB -- it's a MIDI)
Abandoned attempt at a more "serious" approach to songwriting. Back when I studied music, my homework would often be to write a song in a scale chosen by the teacher. This was one of those occasions. I was assigned the task of writing a song in F Major. So I sat down and chose a chord to start my song with: Bb7. I also decided I was gonna write the song directly into the sheet as I made it up, using Mozart 2005. When I showed the sheet to my teacher, he told me the song was not in F Major, it was in B myxolydian(or something). The reason I'm posting this less than half of a song here is because feedback on it would be even more welcome than on my other songs, which are 50% piss-taking.

Sorry for the extend post, I got a bit carried-away. I'll check this thread again prior to defenestrating my Self.

#17 Droo

Droo
  • Members
  • 18676 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:16 AM

Ace, ace and thrice ace.

Where abouts are you from? Did i hear a twinge of Norn Iron at the start of the first song?

#18 flicky

flicky
  • Members
  • 1591 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:31 AM

Marry me.

#19 FargalEX

FargalEX
  • Members
  • 6194 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 12:40 PM

Where abouts are you from?

Gay Harbour.

#20 Orchid

Orchid
  • Members
  • 4491 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 12:45 PM

Marry me.

That I know what it's like song is :rolleyes:

#21 Droo

Droo
  • Members
  • 18676 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 01:11 PM

Gay Harbour eh...

#22 Yolu

Yolu
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 02:36 PM

It's a southern-Brazilian town that the name translates as Gay Harbour.

Thanks for the comments.... You can keep them coming if you like :rolleyes:

#23 Droo

Droo
  • Members
  • 18676 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:00 PM

Not now i know your from gay harbour.

#24 Orchid

Orchid
  • Members
  • 4491 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 11:52 PM

Make more ;D

#25 BigShimmeryWall

BigShimmeryWall
  • Members
  • 2475 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:53 AM

I Know What It's Like (3,4 MB)
This one is very popular among my classmates, including my ex-future-girlfriend. Granted, it's my most listener-friendly outing. I basically took an expression often heard in angsty teenager songs nowadays, "you don't know what it's like", as a catchphrase to rant about my problems in a light-hearted fashion. Perhaps the song's success can be attributed to that too.

Great stuff!

I like that so much I may have to give up trying to write music.

#26 Yolu

Yolu
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:46 PM

A few more.

Phrygian (1,6 MB)
Another abandoned song. I started writing this right after this girl I'd never met came on MSN and called me ugly. Needless to say, this made me very depressed(the first few lines kinda give this away).

Untitled (928 KB)
One of the many songs I've been making for a girl I'm in love with. This afternoon I'm going to watch The DaVinci Code with her. The date is bound to be disastrous, given my baffling lack of social skills. Oh well.

Olhe por Ns (2,16 MB)
This is a "protest samba" written by me with the same guy who made the lyrics of It's Not Another King Kong. It's a protest against the current right-wing Gay Harbour mayor.

Suicide Song (2,26 MB)
Written and recorded quickly during a depressive moment. You get to hear how a suicidal person sounds, how cool is that.

Avril Lavigne II (2,63 MB)
My least listenable-to effort. It's a "soundscape" that represents how shit I felt when I had this huge platonic crush on Avril.

Humiliation (1,77 MB)
Another depressive song, from earlier this year.

Right, this should keep you guys entertained for a while. Thanks for taking the time to listen to my songs, I appreciate it.
Wish me luck on my date. I will shit on her tits.

Oh, and BigShimmeryWall, that's so great about you giving up music! I was very happy to hear that, cheers.

#27 BigShimmeryWall

BigShimmeryWall
  • Members
  • 2475 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:10 PM

:lol:

I love the idea of a protest samba. It's also another ace track.

"I Know What It's Like" cheered me up immensely this morning after a long night of finishing an 8000 word essay as it's by far the best thing I've heard this month so well done on being bloody talented! :)

#28 Yolu

Yolu
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:06 PM

:lol:

"I Know What It's Like" cheered me up immensely this morning after a long night of finishing an 8000 word essay as it's by far the best thing I've heard this month so well done on being bloody talented! :)

Aww, that's a sweet thing to say. Thanks, dude.

The date, I know none of you care, but it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. It was actually worse. My unconsciousness takes yet another loved one away from me. "Life is losing friends" indeed.

Quick, someone say something really nice about my songs before I decide to KILL MYSELF ;)

#29 Exidor

Exidor
  • Members
  • 1985 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:07 PM

I love the idea of a platonic crush on Avril Lavigne.

These are some good songs.

#30 mprice

mprice
  • Members
  • 2881 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 12:26 AM

Really great stuff dude, definitly keep writing and recording more, doing so may even bring you solice, as well as entertaining the rest of us :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users