Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moosegrinder

LOTR Online

1142 posts in this topic

[quote name='pinkoboe' post='3708414' date='Jan 13 2007, 04:57 PM']
Why did they email out the beta keys earlier in the week yet only let people sign up on the day of the stress test? It's bloody stupid. It amazes me time and again how inept these big developers can be.
[/quote]

Because if you sign in and play between 12 pm today 13/01) and tomorrow (14/01) you get into beta afterwards but if you don't sign in you don't get in at all.

I finally managed to get back to the world selection menu, only to find that the server's down. Turbine? Grrrrr-bine more like.

Finally managed to complete the registration last night but I've had no joy logging on today, a box comes up saying it's retrying then I just get an error message.

To be fair to them, problems like this are pretty much the whole point of a beta, and more specifically a stress test. If your code, or your servers aren't up to the task, it's better to find that out now, rather than on release. The beta's apparently been more stable than most up until now, and the nice chaps at Turbine will continue to push back the beta log-in deadline if these problems persist. It's already been stretched to midnight tonight.

Managed to log in yesterday and earlier tonight, managed to get to level 4 before being kicked out. (Full PC crash). Logging in today took about 4 hours of continuous attempts (kept checking whilst playing on my lovely new Wii :() :D

Seems they've commented on the NDA being broken so this probably be my last post in here for a while. Would of been far better if you actually seen something about the NDA before you got into beta becuase most betas i've done so far have thrown it in your face a 100 times before you get into the game but you get nothing here apart from a sudden warning. Oh well see you laters.

Me mate says it's borrowed heavily from WoW with the bags and various UI and gameplay mechanics. Is that the case?

NDA is lifted, woohoo.

So yeah. Great game. 100% identical to WoW some might say, but in the LOTR universe...but that's no bad thing in my book.

[img]http://www.tpsreport.co.uk/wiqed/ScreenShot00034.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.tpsreport.co.uk/wiqed/ScreenShot00039.jpg[/img]

[quote name='diggler' post='3794872' date='Feb 12 2007, 06:12 PM']
100% identical to WoW some might say
[/quote]
To the extent of taking the piss, judging by those screenshots. :ph34r:

[quote name='Garwoofoo' post='3794884' date='Feb 12 2007, 06:16 PM']
To the extent of taking the piss, judging by those screenshots. :ph34r:
[/quote]

Yep, that's why I gave up with it. Felt like I'd been there and done that. Didn't feel too Lord of the Ringsy either.

[quote name='Hambury' post='3795081' date='Feb 12 2007, 07:22 PM']
Didn't feel too Lord of the Ringsy either.
[/quote]

It depends on what you mean really. It's not based on the flicks so it was never gonna look like them - it's dead faithful to the books though, particularly as you advance through the story.

That whole aspect is totally inspired actually, I love the way they weave in the events of the books as you progress.

so anyone fancy giving us an overview of the gameplay now the pesky nda is out of the way?