• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Geoff

Geoff
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 03:19 AM

Review

Like its predecessor, this is an arcade-like game in tune with Ea’s other alternative sports titles, such as NBA Street.
As such, it's about flashy tricks than the actual soccer, although it's entertaining for what it is which is what games are suppose to be about entertainment.

The AI is improved and ball physics are much more realistic than in the first game FIFA Street 2 makes a good first impression.
The exhaustive player creation utility lets you customize your player from a variety of options, as well as detail your home pitch with enough details to make it interesting. Granted. You can adjust its size and shape, so aside from cosmetics your players have adjustable stats in speed, tricks, and so forth and while your player and pitch may look as good as you like, as the game gets more enjoyable,

Once you're finished, you will take control of a four-man soccer team that competes against similar teams with an intriguing amount of fictional, but likeable, street players and actual soccer stars.
A lot of popular stars from around the world are curiously absent, although in the end, it matters little when you have the main legends.
Instead, your goal is to string together tricks, and there are plenty more of them this time around.
Pulling them off is fun and addictive, thanks to the use of the right analog stick that make the accessibility of tricks spot-on and addictive because of the pace, which serves as both an offensive tool and performs defensive tackles.
Winning is not just a matter of scoring goals, which is more often than not your secondary mission, since several modes don't even require goals, instead focusing on trick points.

The awesome aspect of the controls is about the defensive game winning moves, work well when you're successful
Should you encounter the offensive player with the right move, you take complete control of the ball and in turn, get to enjoy the parts of the game.
There’s a lot of compulsive pressure like the dog-out-of the window Resident Evil scares scares, and preferable, to beat your defenders and stay on the offensive as often as you can.
You can take manual control over your goalie; this is very interesting and as helpful as it sounds.

You'll can master many tricks as you can, thanks to the varied modes, which may award points for certain tricks like the panna (more commonly known as the nutmeg), or for making game breaker goals.
Outplaying AI defensive opponents is all makes you feel very cool and the pressure and pace to win adds a great Adeline rush, until you get to the goalie which has spontaneous responses just like real-people.
Depending on the complexity of the combo you built the shot from. Whether your mission is to perform tricks or goals, the standard match ends up being a bunch of juggling moves, some passes, a bunch of trick moves, and a shot at the goal.
In fact, the juggling is the best part of the game.

FIFA Street 2 looks pretty good and has solved most of the ball physics problems from the last game, which featured balls that flew through players' heads and apparently had AI of their own, causing them to move about all by themselves. I love the new vertical camera, and it works well.

It sounds a lot better than the original though, thanks to better music separated into three different stations presided over by occasionally annoying but enthusiastic DJs. You can also create your own song-list if you like, and there's a huge number of tracks from which to choose

So FIFA Street 2 is a lot of fun more-so than the original, thanks to more tricks, better control over the ball, and some extra features, like the new camera and goalie control.. FIFA Street 2 is a great game: fast and fun and completely unforgettable.
The game concept if an original mix of soccer and urban arcade gameplay that make this fast-paced fun Adeline-rush of a game.

9/10
Geoff.

#2 Lorfarius

Lorfarius
  • Members
  • 30395 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:36 PM

Is this an EA plant? Hate to be a kill joy, but the games awful. 6/10 maybe but not a 9.

#3 Geoff

Geoff
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:37 AM

Is this an EA plant? Hate to be a kill joy, but the games awful. 6/10 maybe but not a 9.

By the way how long have you played this game for?

#4 angel

angel
  • Members
  • 30100 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:00 AM

Originally posted at 4am, i can only assume you were drunk Geoff.

#5 Lorfarius

Lorfarius
  • Members
  • 30395 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:22 AM

By the way how long have you played this game for?

Sadly for several hours which I couldnt get out of, due to a younger brother being caught up in all the hype and desperate to play it with someone else. Yes he even bought the 1st one too. Those are hours of my life I can never get back.....ever!

#6 Varcan

Varcan
  • Members
  • 2120 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:37 PM

Reading that is an insult to all that is grammatical.

#7 henofdoom

henofdoom
  • Members
  • 1606 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:33 PM

Sarcasm, surely?!!!!?

#8 Tino

Tino
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:43 AM

Wow, was not expecting to read a positive review for this!

IMO Fifa Street is a prime example of everything that is wrong with gaming today…

#9 Geoff

Geoff
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:27 PM

Well it is fair enough if you guys do not like it, I am sure you have all played it a few hours to judge it instead of just judging the games from what magazines think of it like some people do .
Me? I judge games from what I have played of them not what the press says and I am sure you guys do aswell.

#10 angel

angel
  • Members
  • 30100 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:55 AM

geoff i think we'v all played games for long enough to be completely bored by fifa street, unimpressed with its cynical creation process, and see it as nothing more than a harvester of parents money. its the game equivalent of street card sharks.

or: its shit, everyone with sense plays pro evo

#11 Keenor

Keenor
  • Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:01 PM

Geoff, can you confirm if you are a comedy poster? Or just completely fucking mental?

#12 John0

John0
  • Members
  • 4386 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:50 AM

IMO Fifa Street is a prime example of everything that is wrong with gaming today…

Care to elaborate?

EDIT:
http://1.myfreebulle...com/?mforum=bog
Boards of Geoff, live the Dream!
:angry: :angry: :( :o :o :o :o :lol:

#13 MDK

MDK
  • Members
  • 2091 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 02:33 PM

Care to elaborate?

EDIT:
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o ;)

:(

#14 Varcan

Varcan
  • Members
  • 2120 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 02:44 PM

Care to elaborate?

EDIT:
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o ;)

I noticed that :(

Surely proof enough that Geoff is a comedy account.

#15 angel

angel
  • Members
  • 30100 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:25 PM

Boards Of Geoff = Pub version of Boards Of Canada

Eurovision regional heats finalists

#16 Mr Spew

Mr Spew
  • Members
  • 13273 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 02:28 AM

unimpressed with its cynical creation process

Really? Do you really know that?

#17 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 106278 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 02:31 AM

oh come on! It's just an "urban" expansion of the FIFA licence, you know, for "da kidz"...

They wouldn't base a game on that there "masters 5-a-side" footy competition now, would they?

#18 angel

angel
  • Members
  • 30100 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 11:45 AM

Yeah and so do you spew :(

Cheers SeanR :lol:

EA presents Chris Kamara's Street Soccer 2. With EA Create a perm modeTM

#19 frumious

frumious
  • Members
  • 2272 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:03 PM

Bloody hell, how bad are games that get 1 or 2/10? :rolleyes:

#20 angel

angel
  • Members
  • 30100 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 08:51 PM

SHIT. 7.5 / 10

OPSM2

#21 Mr Spew

Mr Spew
  • Members
  • 13273 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:31 PM

Yeah and so do you spew :)

Cheers SeanR :rolleyes:

EA presents Chris Kamara's Street Soccer 2. With EA Create a perm modeTM

oh come on! It's just an "urban" expansion of the FIFA licence, you know, for "da kidz"...

They wouldn't base a game on that there "masters 5-a-side" footy competition now, would they?

I do? I don't think I do - "cynical creation process" - nonsense. What is one of them?

#22 angel

angel
  • Members
  • 30100 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:24 PM

Theres one over EAs house.

Fifa Streets a pure burberry game. A combine charvester. 37.99 of pure motion captured nonsense. Ball physics taken from old kids toy "impossiball". Packaged in piffling peurile presentation. Unlock-hell gaming (no option screen until you unlock it by waiting at the start screen for 37 minutes).

Ridiculous gaming. Its barely even a game, its licensed puppets doing motion capture moves on a screen infront of you.

#23 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 106278 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:16 AM

I do? I don't think I do - "cynical creation process" - nonsense. What is one of them?

You know, "tick-box" game creation, the milking of a licence, last years game with a new layer of shinola?

The EA way.

Ring any bells?

#24 angel

angel
  • Members
  • 30100 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:22 AM

Lets move on to wtf 'anti-hype' is now

#25 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 106278 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:48 AM

Lets move on to wtf 'anti-hype' is now

everyone being "down" on FIFAstreet because it's an EA game, not giving it a fair chance to stand on it's own two feet because it's shovel-ware...

#26 angel

angel
  • Members
  • 30100 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:55 AM

So why is it "worth the anti hype?" Is geoff saying we're right to say its shit..but then give it 9/10.

T H R E A D B R E A K E R

ps anyone with the office season 1 should watch the extras documentary. Specifically Brent talking about (what he calls) the "anti-laugh".

"have a laugh at work. have a laugh at yourself please. just dont make the mistake of the laughter..of hate"

#27 Lorfarius

Lorfarius
  • Members
  • 30395 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:44 AM

This is turning into the longest ever review thread. Surprising for such a shit game. C'mon Geoff, more please.

#28 Mr Spew

Mr Spew
  • Members
  • 13273 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:09 AM

You know, "tick-box" game creation, the milking of a licence, last years game with a new layer of shinola?

The EA way.

Ring any bells?

Cynical creation - I'd call that structured.

#29 angel

angel
  • Members
  • 30100 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:14 AM

Stop being awkward you know perfectly well what we mean :ph34r:

catering specifically for a market that will lap your product up, using a cynically created veneer of 'street' stylings, sending your licensing team to buy up 'cool' tunes for the soundtrack, paying to have Ronaldinho on the front cover.

Its structured, but ruthlessly identifying a gullible and stupid audience, whipping them up into a frenzy, and cultivating a 'yearly update' mentality which they swallow in droves, paying 37.99 for the privilige. Even actively encouraged (via promotions) to trade in last years title (for a pittance) for the new update.

#30 The-G

The-G
  • Members
  • 4960 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:55 PM

catering specifically for a market that will lap your product up

Sounds like good commercial sense to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users