The Bangaio Boot Fair

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Xevious

Xevious
  • Tech Team
  • 113983 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:52 PM

Tonight sees the first opening of the Bangaio Boot Fair. The residents of Bangaio have been very excited about the prospect of welcoming visitors into their houses during the extravaganza. The mayor has agreed to a sizable field being allocated to the fair. Even Nook has been busy, readying his shop for visitors. Sable doesn't know what to do with herself.

Now, I did have no space on my friends list. But there will be people who want to come to Bangaio, I know, who weren't on there already. So I've done a big purge, and only the following are on the list:

Rev from Venture
Dean from Salford
Dusty from Rosetown
Tyagi from Lula
Atreyu from Sidtown
Don Pik from Crackton
Stanley from Harrumph
Helenita from Springer
Sarah from Guardia
Pete from LaForet
OJ from Sunset D
Dante from Arkham
Craig from Dobleton
Katie from Wildford
Graeme from Notskroy
Darren from Jamhew

Anyone else, even if you were green circled with me before, you must send me a PM to get back on the list, with your AC name, town and friend code. Sorry, but it's the only way to make sure that my list has active people on it. Please bear in mind that if you have any hacked items or (more importantly) hacked residents in your town or, indeed, in any town in your friends list, then the gates of Bangaio are closed to you at this time.

The boot fair will be obvious when you arrive. You can take whatever you like, but if you don't want to use it immediately it may be worth just picking up and putting down any items, so that you can add it to your catalogue and buy it later. But by all means take anything you want, and also bring anything you don't want, and leave it in the designated area.

Please do not take the fossils unless you're going to donate them to your museum. If we wanted them sold, we'd have done that ourselves! Anything else is fair game though!

Oh, and a couple of notices from the town environmental society: please don't run over the flowers, and certainly don't pick them up or move them; and if anyone dares to catch a tuna, there will be hell to pay.

Gates will open from around half seven. I won't be on the DS all night, but will keep checking it for crashes. Gifts of lovely or green furniture appreciated!

#2 tbb

tbb
  • Moderators
  • 38608 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:00 PM

Where do we park?

#3 Pistol

Pistol
  • Supporters
  • 8569 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:27 PM

Will there be wasps? There are always loads of wasps at boot fairs.

#4 Xevious

Xevious
  • Tech Team
  • 113983 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:41 PM

Where do we park?

View Post

Parking space in Bangaio is severely limited. Yuka has campaigned to the mayor to have cars banned, and this has been granted with the exception of the odd taxi.

Will there be wasps? There are always loads of wasps at boot fairs.

View Post

Feel free to wear the danger shirt.

#5 tbb

tbb
  • Moderators
  • 38608 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:42 PM

Will there be punch and pie?

#6 Xevious

Xevious
  • Tech Team
  • 113983 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:23 PM

Will there be punch and pie?

View Post

No, but there are plenty of cherries.

#7 Geo

Geo
  • Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:01 PM

this'll be my very first Animal Crossing outing, hurrah!
I'll be the one with the space helmet on in case you were wondering

Space Helmets rock

#8 Atreyu

Atreyu
  • Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:05 PM

Cool. I've got a spare fossil or two that I can bring along.

I can try ordering in any of the following before this evening, if you like. Let me know!

Green: bed, bench, table, desk

Lovely: chair, table, vanity, lamp

#9 Xevious

Xevious
  • Tech Team
  • 113983 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:21 PM

Cool.  I've got a spare fossil or two that I can bring along.

I can try ordering in any of the following before this evening, if you like.  Let me know!

Green: bed, bench, table, desk

Lovely: chair, table, vanity, lamp

View Post

Not the green bed or lovely chair, but everythign else is missing from my catalogue. So yes please! If I'm not around when you visit, can you leave them outside my house? Cheers.

#10 allday247

allday247
  • Members
  • 1579 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:40 PM

xevious, do you want a nintendo arcade machine? with a super mario bros street fighter clone running on screen? i can bring 1 over if you like.

#11 Xevious

Xevious
  • Tech Team
  • 113983 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:52 PM

xevious, do you want a nintendo arcade machine? with a super mario bros street fighter clone running on screen? i can bring 1 over if you like.

View Post

Already got one, thanks anyway.

Oh, if anyone has the blue lamp, I'd like that too.

#12 tbb

tbb
  • Moderators
  • 38608 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:07 PM

2 blue lamps? :o

#13 Xevious

Xevious
  • Tech Team
  • 113983 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:11 PM

View Post

Already got one, thanks anyway.

Oh, if anyone has the blue lamp, I'd like that too.

#14 tbb

tbb
  • Moderators
  • 38608 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:17 PM

3 blue lamps?

#15 Atreyu

Atreyu
  • Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:38 PM

Not the green bed or lovely chair, but everythign else is missing from my catalogue.  So yes please!  If I'm not around when you visit, can you leave them outside my house? Cheers.

View Post

Ordered them. Hopefully they'll arrive by later on this evening (when is the afternoon post?).

I'm after exotic and regal so if anyone has anything that is not any of the following, that'd be great:

Exotic: wardrobe, bench, end table, lamp
Regal: dresser, armoire, sofa, table, lamp, vanity

#16 Xevious

Xevious
  • Tech Team
  • 113983 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:57 PM

I'm after exotic and regal so if anyone has anything that is not any of the following, that'd be great:

Regal: dresser, armoire, sofa, table, lamp, vanity

View Post

I think there's an exotic wall and floor in the boot sale. Have a rummage around later.

#17 ann coulter

ann coulter
  • Members
  • 3422 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:21 PM

View Post

I've got an exotic screen. Want that?

#18 tbb

tbb
  • Moderators
  • 38608 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:52 PM

If you get someone to visit you then your mail gets delivered as they arrive

#19 superpretend

superpretend
  • Members
  • 4980 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:14 PM

I can't believe you get your own thread. How pretentious.

I'd can't come tonight though due to band rehearsal. :(

#20 Atreyu

Atreyu
  • Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:19 PM

I've got an exotic screen. Want that?

View Post

Lovely, thanks. I've got the wallpaper and floor already - should have mentioned that.

#21 ann coulter

ann coulter
  • Members
  • 3422 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:40 PM

Lovely, thanks.  I've got the wallpaper and floor already - should have mentioned that.

View Post

I can't seem to get to Xevious's boot fair at the moment - gates shut? - but if I don't manage to get there later, I'm sure I could always bring the exotic screen directly to your town.

#22 Geo

Geo
  • Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:43 PM

I can't get there either... :(

#23 Atreyu

Atreyu
  • Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:45 PM

I can't seem to get to Xevious's boot fair at the moment - gates shut? - but if I don't manage to get there later, I'm sure I could always bring the exotic screen directly to your town.

View Post

I've just got in to discover that my mail orders haven't arrived, so perhaps we could try killing two birds with one proverbial. If I add you & open my gates, then I can try this 'have a visitor and get your mail instantly' lark, you can visit and then we can both head over to Xev's. Sound like a plan?

#24 ann coulter

ann coulter
  • Members
  • 3422 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:49 PM

Plan! Added.

#25 Geo

Geo
  • Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:55 PM

lonely...i'm soo lonely...dumdeedadooo..doodoo...lonely

#26 Atreyu

Atreyu
  • Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:58 PM

Plan! Added.

View Post

Sorted. Gates opening now.

#27 Xevious

Xevious
  • Tech Team
  • 113983 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 07:55 AM

Well, that was a disaster.

Bangaio was unable to open its gates until 8pm. And then again at 8:10. And again at 8:15. And ...

That was the worst night of crashes ever. I was working next to my DS and it seemed to crash when there were four people in Bangaio, constantly. Well, almost constantly - it did go for 15 minutes being open with four people, and then crashed just after one left. After six restarts, my router stopped connecting to the access point, so I left it for a while, and then opened the gates again at abot 9:45. From then on it was fine, but I only had at most two visitors at a time.

Bangaio Disaster Emergency Committee would like to apologise to all those inconvenienced by yesterday's disasters, and pledges to hold another boot fair at the earliest opportunity. Certainly, gates will be opened on Thursday, although there is another boot fair scheduled for that day anyway.

#28 Atreyu

Atreyu
  • Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 08:14 AM

'Twas a rough night. Shame. It was quite tricky to get in as well - how I laughed at Officer Copper's promise that it would "only take a minute" to get my travel documents in order.

I managed to get in for about a minute or so. Admired a couple of you who, in retrospect, were oddly still (although perhaps you were taking part in some kind of mercantile-themed tableau vivant); I left my green and lovely items outside your house, Tim, but as the game crashed moments afterwards they were still with me when I woke up in Sidtown.

I did admire all the custom tiles, though. You'd clearly put in an awful lot of effort.

#29 Geo

Geo
  • Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 09:15 AM

yeah, i got a chance to spy some of the lewt before it crashed, didn't even get a chance to harvest some more fruit :(
ah well, maybe next time

#30 Pistol

Pistol
  • Supporters
  • 8569 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 09:15 AM

I thought I'd missed the boat (couldn't get on til 10:40pm), seems I narrowly avoided a crash-fest!

It was probably those pesky wasps. They wreck every boot fair.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users