All 360 Owners

• Please log in to reply
2291 replies to this topic

#1 kerraig UK

kerraig UK
  • Members
  • 20128 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:22 PM

Heya, sorry if this is a bore, but can we just get a handle on how big a problem this 360 malarky is. As far as i can see there have been at least 4 people on here who've had to return their machines to MS. Which seems like an awful lot. Can all 360 owners just state what problems theyve had so far with their machines.

My machine crashes all the time on PGR3. Say every 3rd race or so. Halo 2has crashed once and call of duty 2 has crashed once. ive had no red light wasrnings though.

#2 sofasurfer

sofasurfer
  • Supporters
  • 8445 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:24 PM

Hasnt crashed once but my machine is loud.Although I dont know if this is normal 'loud' or excessively 'loud'

#3 Cyhwuhx

Cyhwuhx
  • Supporters
  • 27929 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:26 PM

.::: - Sporadic crashes when loading/playing Call of Duty 2.
- Glitchy transparency effects (both Xbox 360 and Xbox games)
- Backwards compatible Xbox games do not run, run with framerate problems or demand different resolution displays despite having tried every resolution possible.
- Xbox Live sometimes 'unreachable' for prolonged periods of time.

#4 therev

therev
  • Members
  • 5204 posts

Apart from the Guide crash in PGR3 lobbies and one Guide crash in Hexic and the CoD2 save game bug - which I believe are all software problems - mine's behaved fine.

#5 dr_manhattan^

dr_manhattan^
  • Members
  • 2424 posts

It takes about four attempts for me to turn the machine on with a picture on the screen, sometimes I get no lights on the machine and a complete ring of light on the controller, sometimes I get an E74 error message.

When the machine is on and I get a picture on the TV it works with no problems at all. I don't know if it's a problem with the lead to the TV or the machine, customer support were no help, I should send it back shouldn't I? :D

#6 Faded

Faded
  • Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:28 PM

Froze once during call of duty. Pretty sure this was down to me pissing about with the soundtrack at a daft time. That happened on day one and have had no further problems since.

#7 Zero

Zero
  • Members
  • 2680 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:33 PM

I need to turn my 360 on, leave it for about a minute, then reset it before it will work.
Works absolutely fine after doing that, no crashes on any games even after a few hours play.

#8 Eighthours

Eighthours
  • Members
  • 15332 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:33 PM

No problems whatsoever.

#9 Splendid

Splendid
  • Members
  • 2496 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:35 PM

My 360 crashed a few times when I tried to access gamer cards in the PGR3 lobbies. It also crashed during King Kong last night. Over all, I'm not too worried. Software bugs I reckons.

#10 Stebbo

Stebbo
  • Members
  • 9920 posts

No problems at all.

#11 ColinMac

ColinMac
  • Members
  • 170 posts

Froze once during call of duty. Pretty sure this was down to me pissing about with the soundtrack at a daft time. That happened on day one and have had no further problems since.

View Post

Reading this - I'm thinking I must have been lucky. I've not seen the machine crash once. I've left it running for extended periods at a time, sometimes without even playing - just letting a game run the attract mode stuff.

I've had a mate oddly vanish the other night from a co-op game of PD0 - his machine locked up, but I've not seen a single odd thing with it. Nothing odd with Live either - a solid connection every time.

/Long may it continue. Sorry folks! :D

#12 Swainy

Swainy
  • Members
  • 3325 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:36 PM

No problems whatsoever.

View Post

Same here, just hope it stays that way.

#13 diggler

diggler
  • Members
  • 3429 posts

Not one problem.

#14 ColinMac

ColinMac
  • Members
  • 170 posts

View Post

Reading this - I'm thinking I must have been lucky. I've not seen the machine crash once. I've left it running for extended periods at a time, sometimes without even playing - just letting a game run the attract mode stuff.

I've had a mate oddly vanish the other night from a co-op game of PD0 - his machine locked up, but I've not seen a single odd thing with it. Nothing odd with Live either - a solid connection every time.

/Long may it continue. Sorry folks! :D

#15 tyler

tyler
  • Moderators
  • 21720 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:39 PM

When I had mine I had 2 crashes in PGR3. They weren't so much crashes as the graphics going all funky. Both software related I presume.

And in the main dash I had about 10 crashes 1 day when it was retrieving peoples info from LIVE. It kept locking up everytime it was trying to update someones gamerscore or achievements and I kept going back for more!

Oh yeah and King Kong crashed after about 5mins first time I played it. Absolutely fine after that.

#16 alex

alex
  • Members
  • 4240 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:41 PM

Froze about 15 times at various points during King Kong. It's the disc because it hasn't crashed with any other games.

#17 Garwoofoo

Garwoofoo
  • Members
  • 5344 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:42 PM

Kameo's streaming videos occasionally hitch and pause for a few seconds. I'm fairly sure this is just a slightly dodgy disc. Everything else has worked flawlessly.

#18 Boozy The Clown

Boozy The Clown
  • Members
  • 13270 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:44 PM

Had freezes when looking at gamercards in pgr3 and a few dirty disc errors. 1st time I put perfect dark in I got a message telling me to put it in a 360 ? It's been left running for at least 10 hours solid without any overheating problems . This thread has made me scared to switch it back on though. When playing DVDs it can flicker quite badly when playing some extras footage but its fine with the main film.

#19 Marco Salamanca

Marco Salamanca
  • Members
  • 13361 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:49 PM

My 360 froze the first time I ever got onto Gotham TV. :D

I've had one other freeze and that's it. I've been off work the majority of December and have absolutely cained the 360 so I have to say I am more than happy with its reliability so far.

#20 Hambury

Hambury
  • Members
  • 1695 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:50 PM

Had it since day one, worked flawlessly until Christmas Day, then froze once. On Boxing day it froze again and again, and later that day the machine died. Just three red flashing lights. In the process now of getting it replaced.

Only played PDZ on it, but it was freezing on the dashboard too.

#21 Hass

Hass
  • Members
  • 2165 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:51 PM

No problems at all

#22 Anth

Anth
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:52 PM

Had mine since launch and had no problems with mine.

#23 Uncle Nasty

Uncle Nasty
  • Members
  • 4600 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:53 PM

I don't have a 360 myself, but the one belonging to my friend is incredibly noisy when playing games. It sounds like my Powermac G5 when all the fans are on full blast in the summer, and sometimes has a high pitched whine to accompany the revving fans. Is this normal? How much fan noise is everyone else experiencing?

#24 kerraig UK

kerraig UK
  • Members
  • 20128 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:54 PM

Nasty, mine is nowhere near that noisy.

#25 Ben

Ben
  • Supporters
  • 10240 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:56 PM

PGR3 crashes quite a bit, usually when pressing the guide button or looking at gamercards. It's the only game I've had crash on me though.

I moved the 360 almost vertically direct against a wall the other day and it had struggles loading Ridge Racer. Moved it a couple of inches away and it was fine.

Other than that, no problems.

#26 Wooldi

Wooldi
  • Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:59 PM

My xbox 360 never crashed, but it displayed funny colours and artifacts about 4 times while playing PD0. (Only game I've got) At first I thought it was an overheating problem because after placing the console on beautiful cork feets it didn't happen for two weeks, even on 3-4 hour long sessions.
Last week however it happened again two times, so I'm not sure now if I'll have to send it back...
No red lights though and it always worked again after a restart.

#27 Hass

Hass
  • Members
  • 2165 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 01:01 PM

Nasty, mine is nowhere near that noisy.

View Post

I've moved from a series 1 xbox (never failed) to the 360 and don't notice any difference in noise at all. This might be because as soon as it powers the fans up off the dashboard the surround sound kicks in drowning anything else out.

The box is also relatively far away from me but I've never thought it to be offensively loud.

Perhaps I just need my ears syringing :D

Don't know if this makes any difference but mine is and always has been on its side. I've never noticed any inconsistent noises coming out of the drive or fans like some people seem to be suggesting.

#28 APM

APM
  • Supporters
  • 28989 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 01:02 PM

Sometimes crashes when going back to a lobby in PGR3, never on the single player game. Hung once in Halo 2. Hasn't done that since. Strange resolution problems with Xbox games - some run at 720p some don't but will run at 1080i. No frame rate probs on them but a couple of odd graphical glitches in Thief 3.

Apart from that, perfect. The things above are really minor anyway. I just set my resolution to 1080i and everything runs in that.

So, no real complaints here.

#29 Tekunikaru

Tekunikaru
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 01:02 PM

On the first day when I was signing up for xbox live it just turned itself off randomly, after that never had any problems bar a crash in Most Wanted when playing online.

#30 Mr Do 71

Mr Do 71
  • Supporters
  • 31594 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 01:04 PM

I think I'm glad I waited now, it'll give Microsoft time to iron out the problems. Hopefully.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users