Beertiger

The Gaming Podcasts Thread

9,008 posts in this topic

The first time I came across this show was when someone mentioned it in the X360 thread as it had some footage of some game.

Anyway the latest one is out and they have a fantastic inteview with Peter Moore after they've let him had a few beers. He's almost out of PR mode and it's a very light hearted interview.

Shame with Kenn Lobb he's in full PR mode. They ask why the checkpoints are so far apart and how it's annoying that you have to do the whole level again and all he says is that it's fantastic.

Only watched the half of it, hope they get an interview with the Allard out of PR mode.

All filmed at the Zero Hour in America if you want some footage of it.

Mainly I thought people would be interested in the Peter Moore interview. Seems like a good bloke and he knows we want the Orta!

yeah i've seen the last few of these. got a really nice feel to them.

(the guy with the stupid little beard gets on my tits though.)

Online at 1up

Watched more. Intersting watching the Bungie and Epic talk about eachothers games to each other. In fact this episode has been the best so far purely because the interviews. Well except for when they asked EA why they bothered putting a story in racing games because they're shit.

I'm downloading. If it's not as good as Bits, I'm going to demand my money back.

It's kinda like a modern version of that British video magazine, the one about the games magazine office.

Except not as frightening.

It's kinda like a modern version of that British video magazine, the one about the games magazine office.

Link?

I can't remember the name of it...

I got it off UK Nova once. It's terrifying.

Epic guy is brilliant. like a videogame Rocker. Thats Frankie from Bungie btw, the bloke that updated Bungie website every day prior to Halo2.

+1 Peter Moore, my boi

yeah i've seen the last few of these. got a really nice feel to them.

(the guy with the stupid little beard gets on my tits though.)

I'm sure it was you who pimped it in the 360 thread because I mentioned the Most Wanted interview then.
Epic guy is brilliant. like a videogame Rocker.

Because he's talking about spunk on the ceiling?
+1 Peter Moore, my boi

You after free stuff because he "checks the boards". Screw Orta Pete, get Outrun 2 up and running.
That was a really decent show. Little to no PR bullshit.

That's why I liked it so much. As much as I love the two shows from up north the 1up show just has more access to people involved with games and has much more information on them. Hopefully in time we shall see Biglime asking J Allard why he's so damn cool.

I download it through itunes, it's alright if a bit cheesy on the intros.

Liked the part where Moore said Kameo only got a point for each year in development, and demanded a re review :)

And the part where the wee female interviews the bloke from London: "What the FUCK are you doing here?" was a bit overboard. Wash yer mouth, there's kids watching!

I download it through itunes, it's alright if a bit cheesy on the intros.

Liked the part where Moore said Kameo only got a point for each year in development, and demanded a re review :)

And the part where the wee female interviews the bloke from London: "What the FUCK are you doing here?" was a bit overboard. Wash yer mouth, there's kids watching!

Well to be fair it was the right reaction for what he'd done. Travelled to wherever the hell it was (California somewhere?) for no real reason. Paid for his flights etc, and not even bought a 360. A bit.. Daft, shall we say?

Thoroughly enjoyable though. If not a bit 'go up at the end of every sentence American'.

Ah, not seen this before but it sounds like it's worth a watch. I'll download them tonight and have a look.

Thanks for the heads up Beertiger :)

There's a brilliant Frankie (Bungie) quote regarding Ridge Racer 6 in there, plus also worth it for the Peter Moore interview - he should be semi-pissed more often.

I bought the first 'issue' of that. Were there ever any more? It seemed like a doomed venture.

Hmm, basically an extended advert for the X360. (Like the 1up site has been for the last three months, then...)

Cliffy B and Peter Moore interviews were good though.

Hmm, basically an extended advert for the X360. (Like the 1up site has been for the last three months, then...)

Did the fact that it was at Zero Hour not give away the fact that it might just possibly in some freak chance somehow be about the 360?

I bought the first 'issue' of that. Were there ever any more? It seemed like a doomed venture.

Its final tally was two issues, I grabbed them off UKNova (I think) some time ago. NFO file details it as follows...

Click - The World's First Computer Games Magazine On Video: Issue 2 - January 1992

VHS PAL > DivX 320MB 50 mins. Uploaded by Junosix.

Humourous magazine-style show covering the popular home computers of the time: the Atari ST, Commodore Amiga and PC. Never broadcast on television, this was available through WH Smiths and other newsagents alongside the more conventional printed magazines. Innovative idea, but due to the high price discouraging people to go for it, sadly only lasted two issues.

Contents:

Feature:

Escapade 737 Flight Simulator

Reviews:

Super League Manager

Spot

Double Dragon 3

Covert Action

Deluxe Paint ST

Adverts:

Ace magazine

Out Run Europa

Mega Twins

Feature:

Making Music with the Atari ST

Reviews:

First Samurai

Pegasus

Fuzzball

Floor 13

Realms

Supaplex

Civilisation

Feature:

The Sales Curve - Indy Heat

Reviews:

Elite

Conan

Feature:

Magazine coverdisks (the one they screwed up the month before)

Adverts:

CU Amiga magazine

Out Run Europa

Reviews:

Moonstone

4D Sports Boxing

Air Land and Sea

Pitfighter

PGA Tour Golf

Wolfchild

I can't imagine any other show being worse than this.

Just watched the latest ep of this, good stuff. The presenters seem to mumble a too much and their acting in the car was painful at times. The interviews were intresting and fun to watch, especially the one with Peter Moore. That Cliffy guy sounds like a right laugh aswell. Be keeping an eye on future eps.

There's a brilliant Frankie (Bungie) quote regarding Ridge Racer 6 in there, plus also worth it for the Peter Moore interview - he should be semi-pissed more often.

I have to say the "I wish I was playing Burnout" comment made me do an audible "yes!"

BECAUSE I AGREED WITH HIM.

Goodnight.

God knows what you'll do if there's ever anything on 360 you want to play. Probably implode.