Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jesse May

Welcome To The Rllmuk Poker Room

32 posts in this topic

Hello fellow poker addicts.

I'm your host, Jesse May, here to wish you a warm welcome to the Rllmuk Poker Room. Within these four (virtual) walls, you will find a veritable feast of poker wisdom, top tips, bad beat stories and details of our popular weekly online Tournament, The Rllmuk Poker Classic (starting our second league next week).

Hope to see you all soon.

Jesse

I just wanted to say thanks again to Rob for humouring us. I know it'll be a worthwhile folder, and the poker lads are truly thankful.

It's actually a proper folder too, not even a sub-folder. We rule. Now we just need to get all the poker threads moved here and we are good-to-go.

CJ

It's actually a proper folder too, not even a sub-folder. We rule. Now we just need to get all the poker threads moved here and we are good-to-go.

CJ

I'll make a list and PM a mod.

I'll make a list and PM a mod.

I compiled a (long) list already in the poker room request thread. You should be able to nick that.

CJ

I'm a bit scared this folder is going to be rubbish now. If we'd been a trad-gaming folder then everyone else could take the heat.

The pressure's on, now guys. We're going to have to try our best to make this worthwhile.

I'm already bored of it, to be honest. It's so last week. I'm off to lobby for that Perudo folder we were talking about.

I'm already bored of it, to be honest. It's so last week. I'm off to lobby for that Perudo folder we were talking about.

I lobbied long and hard for this. I expect you to be posting here EVERY DAY.

Also, thanks Rob!

Ooooh this is great. I had no idea there were so many Poker threads out there.

Suppose Id better honour my promise and pay my £2.50 now

Wow. Just logged in and found we have our own forum. Hooray. And Thanks Rob!

I think this place has already proven its worth.

More posts than three other folders in Gaming after only a couple of days !

;) Woo-Hoo (does that sound too gay?)

Our own folder.

If you build it, they will come

Finger on the pulse as always, I see.

No, but I did once hold a lentil on the end of my hand.

That was, quite literally, pulse on the finger.

I thank you.

I'm here all week.

Try the lasagne.

OMFG!!!!1

Where did this folder come from. I never noticed. How queer.

Big up the poker boys!

I just started playing poker

When does the next rllmuk league start?

Good timing, sith. We just finished Season 3 this week. We'll probably start the next one in two or three weeks' time. Keep your eye on the folder for the new thread, but I'll also make sure I add you to the PM list.

In the meantime, set yourself up with an account at PokerRoom if you don't already have one.

Installed poker room and set up a basic account, didnt realise you needed proper ID,sorting this asap.

I think I've fallen for someone who plays poker so I need to learn how to play, fast. The FAQ looks like a good place to start. I've always been quietly smug about being good at Microsoft's Hearts... does that give me a solid foundation? :wub:

KT

I think I've fallen for someone who plays poker so I need to learn how to play, fast. The FAQ looks like a good place to start. I've always been quietly smug about being good at Microsoft's Hearts... does that give me a solid foundation? :lol:

KT

Hehe. Afraid Hearts won't help hugely. The FAQ is a good start. If you know the poker hand rankings (which hands beat other hands), then that is a good start. The best way is to play online for play money. You get an idea of how the game is played, the way the betting works, etc.

Harbey: as mentioned in the other poker thread you posted in last night, we're between seasons at the moment. Interest dwindled a little towards the end of the last one, so we've had a long break and are now having some warm-up games to see if we can attract enough players for a new league season. Hope you can make it along for some games. The next on is Thursday night, 9pm at Ladbrokes.

Harbey: as mentioned in the other poker thread you posted in last night, we're between seasons at the moment. Interest dwindled a little towards the end of the last one, so we've had a long break and are now having some warm-up games to see if we can attract enough players for a new league season. Hope you can make it along for some games. The next on is Thursday night, 9pm at Ladbrokes.

Thanks for that mate. I'm working late this Thursday, but might just get home in time. If not, I'll be on for next week.

Should be an opportunity for you take some easy money.